Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July Butterflies Master Thread

I started on the pouch test today. I also called to get a fill on Thursday.

So Far today:

16oz coffee

16oz Water

11oz Protein drink

16oz Bariatric Advantage w/2oz of apples in it

60 min of Water aerobics

You go girl keep it up. I always have trouble getting past the first two days I crash by dinner

Hey all..geez I posted forever ago and then just was so crazy that I just caught up on the 3 pages I missed!

How are you all? I just read up.. 1day and crzytchr I feel your pain about the non-supportive spouse with the garbage.. my hub is very supportive but I have a friend who has tried to lose weight several times and her husband always brings junk in the house and I know its so hard for her. I guess I just feel its either in your house or its everywhere you go and sooner or later you have to have a way to combat it. for me I know I just have had to change the way I think about food. for me knowing how hard it has been to lose this weight has made me equate that food that is "oh so good" with the fact that I am suffering to get the weight off..so I am turned off by it.. I look at it and think.. thats a lb or 2 there.. and its enough to make me steer clear..

and if I am tempted to give in and think its not that bad Ill just work it off tomorrow. I always have a go to food.. I find a high Protein filling food that is sweet enough to curb the craving.. but not too sweet to pack a ton of calories.. for instance I will have a handful of cinnamon and sugar crusted almonds. or a Protein Bar that is sweet. anyhow that seems to help me.. if I eat sweet slider foods..even if they are sugar free it makes me want more.. I tend to not use sugar free stuff because I feel like sugar free makes you crave sugar..so I have something with real sugar but much less of it.

anyhow I thought I would share what helps me :)

I had wanted to lose 10 more by then end of the year.. but I might join you with the thanksgiving challenge :hi:

have a great week everyone

The almonds thing sounds like a good idea. Even though I do the SF thing I agree with what you stated it does make me crave more so what else do you do beside the Almond thing? I need some more ideas to get over these sugar cravings.

Ok, 1 lb down and 6 more to go. I think I'm gonna have to exercise as much as I dislike it.

We all know my feelings on exercise it used to be fun for me when I got to work with a trainer and got to box and he used to beat me up, or basically work my but off I hated it when I was doing it and bitched the whole way he would laugh but keep pushing me. But I can't pay for that right now. I have to do it on my own. My BFF and I will start going to the pool this week and work out together.

Why is it when you work so hard then you get smacked in the face with all the goodies you should not eat. All your friends, family keep wanting you to do great but keep feeding or bringing stuff in the house you should not have. WTF is that and then they complain about your health and lifestyle when they catch you eating junk.

I know what you mean, My daughter inlaw which I love dearly didn't have a second thought to asking me to make all the food for my granddaughters bithday party this past Sat. and also their halloween party later that night for the adults. I sure don't mind helping out but that's a lot of temptation. Later when I was cleaning she caught me licking icing off my fingers from where I wrapped the cake and she proceeded to remind me of how cake was off limits for me. Hummm! guess she didn't think about that when she wanted me to make everything.

I know what you mean, My daughter inlaw which I love dearly didn't have a second thought to asking me to make all the food for my granddaughters bithday party this past Sat. and also their halloween party later that night for the adults. I sure don't mind helping out but that's a lot of temptation. Later when I was cleaning she caught me licking icing off my fingers from where I wrapped the cake and she proceeded to remind me of how cake was off limits for me. Hummm! guess she didn't think about that when she wanted me to make everything.

Gosh I know some people try to mean well...but I hate that! I hardly told anyone about my band because I dont want people looking at me and shaking their finger when I eat something or do something.. as if they understand what its like. drives me crazy!

The almonds thing sounds like a good idea. Even though I do the SF thing I agree with what you stated it does make me crave more so what else do you do beside the Almond thing? I need some more ideas to get over these sugar cravings.

I find that when Im hungry or craving sweets I make myself a cup of coffee with almond milk (and a little sugar if its the unsweetened kind) I usually heat up the almond milk in the micro and then add strong coffee to make it like a latte.. the almond milk has less calories than regular milk. something about the warm sweetness helps. you can do the same with a tea bag and a mixture of hot almond milk and Water.

good earth has a red tea that also tastes sweet but has no sweetener or calories.

fruit is always a good go to sweet thing..

Ill have to think of some more things I do..

Later when I was cleaning she caught me licking icing off my fingers from where I wrapped the cake and she proceeded to remind me of how cake was off limits for me. Hummm! guess she didn't think about that when she wanted me to make everything.

So is they forget LOL Like who put them in charged

I find that when Im hungry or craving sweets I make myself a cup of coffee with almond milk (and a little sugar if its the unsweetened kind) I usually heat up the almond milk in the micro and then add strong coffee to make it like a latte.. the almond milk has less calories than regular milk. something about the warm sweetness helps. you can do the same with a tea bag and a mixture of hot almond milk and Water.

good earth has a red tea that also tastes sweet but has no sweetener or calories.

fruit is always a good go to sweet thing..

Ill have to think of some more things I do..

Thanks Shrink Me for the advice and yes pwople can be mean. My BFF who has never had the surgery has really been the only one to support me. Should thought about Bypass but it is not for her she supports me and has never had anything bad to say. It is nice because she of course has the same problems as me as far as eating for the wrong reasons and she will talk to me until I can work through my problem. She is the one I worked out with in the past with a trainer and is the one that I am going to start going to the pool next week with.

Kimaly, forget the pouch test.......I got the FM kicking when the cold front moved in and my stomach got so messed up. I am going for a fill tomorrow......kinda like you though.......I can eat more food now, but if I eat too fast I pb. I think when she puts the fill in if she has to push it .....I don't need one. I will check in tomorrow.

Hope all goes well, Let us know how much more if any you got. Do you get yours under fluro? My fill center doesn't have one so I just have to feel it out and sometimes it really confuses me.

Hope all goes well, Let us know how much more if any you got. Do you get yours under fluro? My fill center doesn't have one so I just have to feel it out and sometimes it really confuses me.

I didn't go. I ate a egg white pancake this morning....got halfway through it and started slimming. I think I will hold off till December. Not sure why? Maybe it was the change in weather....it is cool here now. My band is really fickle.

Yep, that's what happens it seems like. I do the samething, I think I need a fill and then I'll go and get stuck and it shys me off for awhile. Fickle is the right word. I haven't had a fill since Jan.

Fickle is the word to use I am the same way. Yesterday I PB on stuff I have ate before I guess I ate to fast. It is so cold here right now. We have sleet yesterday and snow in extreme north Ga

So I found out yesterday my health insurance is not a group plan say like Atena it is a reinbursment plan. Meaning I pay for everything up front then I can some money back. Well that won't work. So right now we pay $1300 a month in Cobra. Now I have to find another job even though it was getting better. Uggh my fault I should have asked more questions

Fickle is the word to use I am the same way. Yesterday I PB on stuff I have ate before I guess I ate to fast. It is so cold here right now. We have sleet yesterday and snow in extreme north Ga

So I found out yesterday my health insurance is not a group plan say like Atena it is a reinbursment plan. Meaning I pay for everything up front then I can some money back. Well that won't work. So right now we pay $1300 a month in Cobra. Now I have to find another job even though it was getting better. Uggh my fault I should have asked more questions

That sucks!

Well, I am calling to get a fill this week. I am struggling with this hunger thing. I hope I can get in Thursday.

How is everyone doing?

So I called my Dr office and unless it is an emergency I can not come in this week b/c my Dr is not there this week. I called because of the acid. They said make sure I wait 2 hrs after I eat before I lay down and that my head is elevated. I said I am not sure if 2 Hrs pass before I lay down and I would keep track of it. They said also to try Prilosec I normal take Zantec before I go to bed. I said I would keep a log and let them know friday what is going on. Basically because I can have liquids and solid with no real problems that it is not an emergency

I'm good, not gonna weigh until mother nature leaves Because I don't think I'll get an accurate reading. So I'll check in in a couple of days.

Well I'm getting back on the band wagon today, I've been really slacking and it shows. So send me some will power if you have any to spare LOL Oh, and a little energy would be nice also. How's everyone else doing?

I didn't get a fill. I told her I slime when I eat too fast......she said I have restriction. She wants me to journal my food, 10,000 steps a day, and Water aerobics too. Then I go back Dec 11. Then she will decide . I know I need a fill. gotta prove it. They use flouroscope now. They had it already for me, and she changed her mind. I hope I ddn't get charged for it.

So, I just walked 4,000 steps......now gonna eat oatmeal and eggwhites.