Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July Butterflies Master Thread

I would love to meet everybody. I feel so close to you all even though we never really met in person B)

I was following the here to help thread last year when they went to Florida and then didn't post for a while and just couldn't catch up:sad:. I really like the people there.

I really like them all as well. Just every time they go on a trip it is when something happens in my life and I have to cancel. But one day we will all meet. :thumbup:

I got on this morning and read about 4 pages. I am going to try to catch up. I read about your pbing on there that you posted over a week ago. You posted briefly about it on here, but I didn't realize it was that bad. Did you get that under control? Next time, try some liquid ibuprofen for a day or so to help reduce the swelling to try to break the pb, swelling cycle. I hope you are feeling better and I am glad the work situation is getting better.

I got on this morning and read about 4 pages. I am going to try to catch up. I read about your pbing on there that you posted over a week ago. You posted briefly about it on here, but I didn't realize it was that bad. Did you get that under control? Next time, try some liquid ibuprofen for a day or so to help reduce the swelling to try to break the pb, swelling cycle. I hope you are feeling better and I am glad the work situation is getting better.

I am feeling better but my band still has good and bad days but much better than it has been. I never knew you could get Liquid Ibuprofen for adults, I only see Tylenol. Or do you by the kids one. Just wondering. I am going shopping today so I will have much more band friendly things in the house. i usually do shake or yogurt in the morning. Soup for lunch which is easier to make at work and then I have whatever I make for dinner. But I have Jello. pudding, popcorn, applesauce for snack if needed. I just need to workout not much of that going on. It is nice outside but where I work is not a good area to walk so I started driving over to this indoor pool I like and reading my book and eating my soup in my car. There parking lot is big so I think I am going to start walking there at lunch.

I've been craving popcorn but haven't been brave enough to try it. It doesn't give you any trouble? I messed up last week and munched on puff corn for about 3 days I guess to satisfy the popcorn thing but WOW what a bad choice that was although when I was eating it it was so so good the guilt afterwards bites. Charlene, Have you ever been to Vegas? I love it there. I'm not much of a gambler just a little slot now and again guess i'm just to cheap to put my money somewhere if i'm not sure i'm gonna get something back. But I still love it there. I like to go to the shows they sure don't have ahything like them out here in the Country. And the shopping was great, Hope you have a great time.

No unfortunately popcorn is not a propblem but if you get the small snack bags it is not to bad in calories and it can solve the crunchy craving.

I seem not to have a problem with anything crunchy

I am feeling better but my band still has good and bad days but much better than it has been. I never knew you could get Liquid Ibuprofen for adults, I only see Tylenol. Or do you by the kids one. Just wondering. I am going shopping today so I will have much more band friendly things in the house. i usually do shake or yogurt in the morning. Soup for lunch which is easier to make at work and then I have whatever I make for dinner. But I have Jello. pudding, popcorn, applesauce for snack if needed. I just need to workout not much of that going on. It is nice outside but where I work is not a good area to walk so I started driving over to this indoor pool I like and reading my book and eating my soup in my car. There parking lot is big so I think I am going to start walking there at lunch.

I just buy the generic children's ibuprofen. For the dosage, I take 400mg (4tsp) which is the adult dosage I take when I take pills. There are 200 mg for each pill and i ALWAYS take a minimum of 400 mg when I take the pills.

Oh that is what I thought but wabted to make sure. Thank you for the advice

hey all!

how are you! I havent been around in a long time..just so busy..

I have been working out with a personal trainer 2x a week.. just really wanted to be consistent and wanted a work out that would kick my butt.. well I get what I pay for..

I however feel like Im forever wrestling with the same 3-4 pounds.. this ever happen to anyone else.. Im eating the same.. and doing pretty well with it.. it may be because its been 2 months with the trainer and Im building muscle.. but none the less its really frusterating when you feel like your working your butt off and doing all the right things.. I feel like the pounds should be falling off.. but its not... I started up again in January after I had my baby.. and feel like I should have accomplished more in this time.. its been 10 freaking months and I am only down 36lbs.. well at least the baby weight is gone again..

I know its not about how fast it comes off but seriously this is frusterating..

Hey shrinknme glad to here from you and I can't believe the baby way 10 months ago.

My sister is pregnant and is do 12/7 can't believe I thought she was never going to have a baby she always said she did not kids now she has gotten older and of course that changed. Also She found out that her really good friend is one month behind her which is great for both of them,

Hey, gang!......back from Vegas. It was so good to meet everyone in person. I hope we can do that one day. I did not gain any weight, but yesterday I supervised my grandson's baking (practice) for the county fair on Saturday. He only needed help pouring the batter. Of course I had to taste the cake several time to make sure it was a winner. Lol.....Now I have gained a lb so when I weigh in tomorrow it won't be good. I am still gonna go because I have to be accountable. The psychologist has really helped us with our behaviors. She has worked with wls patients for seven years so she knows the signs of those slipping back to old habits. HERE'S MY SIGN.......CAKE!!! lol

I will check in soon.

HUGS!

Hey, gang!......back from Vegas. It was so good to meet everyone in person. I hope we can do that one day. I did not gain any weight, but yesterday I supervised my grandson's baking (practice) for the county fair on Saturday. He only needed help pouring the batter. Of course I had to taste the cake several time to make sure it was a winner. Lol.....Now I have gained a lb so when I weigh in tomorrow it won't be good. I am still gonna go because I have to be accountable. The psychologist has really helped us with our behaviors. She has worked with wls patients for seven years so she knows the signs of those slipping back to old habits. HERE'S MY SIGN.......CAKE!!! lol

I will check in soon.

HUGS!

LOL - the the Here's my sign reference was too funny

Really glad you had a good time. I wish I had a trainer I need somebody really hard to kick my butt like Jillian from biggest loser. I'm the worst when it comes to exercise. I haven't found one thing about working out I enjoy. It still seems like punishment to me, I know it's sad but true. And cake well hell sweets in general are here to torture us. I told my Dr. yesterday that if it taste good it's bad for you and if it's blah it's good for you and he said no Kim just the white things are bad for you. OK who's he kidding that's everything good. Sometimes it just gets depressing so I try hard not to think about it which is really hard because I really enjoy cooking. GREAT! Now I have food on the brain.

Well, I am not going to the nutrition classes anymore. They changed the time when I was gone. I have to pick up my granddaughter from Mommy's day out. I will try to stay good since I am going to a trainer. If that is not good enough I might just join WW so I can weigh in and be accountable. We will see. I went to the trainer last night and he kicked my butt. I am so sore today. I will go to Water aerobics tonight or tomorrow morning. I gotta keep moving or that evil weight will come back.