Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July Butterflies Master Thread

I thought I had posted my loss last week.....sorry. I lost 3lbs. I guess eating fish paid off. Now I am battling for the next weigh in.....probably this friday. My friend had hip replacement, and my mother needed me three days last week. Oh, gotta tell you a new dessert I made. SF white chocolate pudding.....make it up then add fresh sliced strawberries, fresh blueberries, fresh blackberries, and a sliced banana. Top with SF Cool Whip. I even sprinkled pecans on top. Butterflies......it is YUMMY!!!!

Sounds yummy

Weighed in yesterday and so far Maintaining, Which is what I'm trying to do. So I guess all is well. Howa bout everyone else?

OH, and congrats on the 3lb loss Charlene. That's a good week. The dessert sounds great, I'm gonna try it this weekend. I've been looking for something new. Fish, Fish, Fish, I swear if you look behind my ears I have gills and almost sure I have chicken feathers comming out my rump. I'm kinda at the point where meat doesn't really appeal to me anymore. Which is crazy because in the past all I ever wanted was Steak, Pork chops Chicken and Fish. Too weird!

Edited by kimaly

Kimaly, Me too! Fish, tuna, fish,.......but that is how I seem to lose. Oh and Eggbeaters. I am weighing on Friday this week. I hope to drop a couple of more. You see, my DH hates fish, but he is working in Louisiana this week so I am eating what I WANT! I walk every morning chanting 50 more, 50 more. My doctor says a BMI of 29 is healthy. I am into healthy. Sure looking good is a perk, but at my age healthy takes priority.

Okay gang, I'll check in on Friday. HUGS! to all my Butterflies. You know it will be August soon so my July goal ends. Then I move on to my 2010 goal......50lbs!

Hey All,

Hanging in there not much to report same old same old feeling down. Not using my tool not working out. I am still in the same funk. Trying to work out. It is so hot outside it has been in the very high 90's sometimes 101. I feel like my old fat self, depressed self hating and complaining.

Sorry to be a bummer I have been stuck like this for months.

Kimaly - Did you ever get your son to give you your tattoo. You know your quote.

I think I really have been tattoo myself more as more as a pain inflicting thing since I feel so bad. it did not start out that way. I feel like I need to punish myself hurt myself don't get me wrong nothing to make me leave this earth. Does this make any sense?

Alright girl, Get out of that funk!! You've lost almost 60lbs it may not be what you wanted to lose by now but it's still alot of excess weight you are no longer carring around. Try picking up 60lbs of weights and walking around with it and you will see what a great acomplishment that is. I think you just need to redirect your fustration in a positive form. Don't think about what your doing wrong just try to take one thing a day you can add to your routine to help you in your journey. You have to try to think more positive, remember your worth it.

Alright girl, Get out of that funk!! You've lost almost 60lbs it may not be what you wanted to lose by now but it's still alot of excess weight you are no longer carring around. Try picking up 60lbs of weights and walking around with it and you will see what a great acomplishment that is. I think you just need to redirect your fustration in a positive form. Don't think about what your doing wrong just try to take one thing a day you can add to your routine to help you in your journey. You have to try to think more positive, remember your worth it.

I second that!!!!!!

Melissa, you are slipping into the all or nothing mentality.....we studied that in class. Perfectionism is what got us here....lap-band. You are over half way there. Your cup is over half full.....not half empty. Start walking. It will clear your mind of negativity and set you back on your journey. HUGS!!!!!!

Thank you ladies I need all the encouragment I can get right now. Everyone has been awsome with there words. Love you all thank you for the advice. I will keep posting even if it is just how my day went emotional baby sets right.

Have any of ya'll tried the Health Master juicer that Montel Williams promotes? I thought of ordering one this weekend, a friend of the DH's has one and she swears by it. I was thinking that I could get all my vegs and fruits in in 1 glass then for my 3 - 1/2 cup meals I could just concentrate on the Protein. I know we are not supposed to drink our calories but the one thing I have yet to figure out is how we can get all the vegs and protein in just eating 3 - 1/2 cup meals a day. It just doesn't seem to calculate for me. Anyway if anyones tried it could you let me know what you think. The thing I liked about it was unlike most juicers it grinds everything up even the pulp, seeds ect. No waste and you get the Fiber that you don't get with other juicers.

Have any of ya'll tried the Health Master juicer that Montel Williams promotes? I thought of ordering one this weekend, a friend of the DH's has one and she swears by it. I was thinking that I could get all my vegs and fruits in in 1 glass then for my 3 - 1/2 cup meals I could just concentrate on the Protein. I know we are not supposed to drink our calories but the one thing I have yet to figure out is how we can get all the vegs and protein in just eating 3 - 1/2 cup meals a day. It just doesn't seem to calculate for me. Anyway if anyones tried it could you let me know what you think. The thing I liked about it was unlike most juicers it grinds everything up even the pulp, seeds ect. No waste and you get the fiber that you don't get with other juicers.

I saw Montel demonstrate it on QVC, it looks awesome. I wish they would demonstrate it at Macy's or somewhere where you could taste the juice. Look at Jack La Lane. He is 90+ yrs old and he swears by juicers. He has one too. I bet y'all don't even know who he is. He had an exercise program in the late fifties and early sixties. I remember watching him on black and white TV. My mother didn't miss exercising with him.

Well, I did not lose a lb......boo!!!!! My clothes are getting looser so I guess I need to look at the positives. I have to change something up. I might do a shake a day and an Optifast bar. I know I am eating too many carbs and fats.

I know who he is. I checked his out also but Jack's is just a juicer and Montel's is an emulsifier which means no waste, You use all the fruit or veg. I'm gonna go ahead and order it. It's a bit pricey at $200 but I spend more then that a month on Protein Drinks and if I could eat all my Protein instead of having to sub it I'm thinking it would pay for it self in less then a month.

Loose fitting clothes is a plus, you said you were walking so maybe your building muscle and it weighs more then fat but also takes up less room. So that's a really good thing.

I have the Jack Lalane one that you can put the seeds and all into it is his latest I like it but then stop using it but when I use it the juices taste good.

Kimaly good idea though on using that for your vegs and fruit

I know I haven't been around here a lot. Been pretty discouraged with the restriction after the surgery. It wasn't much because my Dr and I didn't want me to be too tight. But I just went for a fill on Tuesday FINALLY!!! I weighed 280 at the office, and the scale this morning said 273.6!!!! So if you take out a couple lbs for clothes at the dr I have still lost about 5 lbs!!! YAY!! It does wonders for my mental and emotional state!!!!

WTG Marie, I'm really happy for you.

One Day, I really thought about buying that one I had it in my cart at Walmart yesterday but put it back. It was only $99 but I just wasn't sure so I found the health Master on QVC thanks to Charlene and it was $30 cheaper then on the health Master site so I ordered it. It won't be here until the 13th but I'm really excited. I also bought some shape ups but not sketchers because their $110 I just got the danskins from Walmart because they are only $25. I'm hoping to build up a bit of muscle in my bum as it no longer exsist.