Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July Butterflies Master Thread

2 year bandaversary last week. :)

Thrilled with my weight loss and with my band. Might consider 170 lbs a complete success, 194 today.

My high weight was 330!

2Good - Way to go Keep up the good work

Congratulations on the bandiversary weight loss blaze and 2good!

Well, ladies, with my bandiversary approaching, I have to admit that I suck at this right now. I have only lost 14 lbs this past year. I am glad that I haven't gained, but come on, really? It is my own fault. I need to call and get a "teeny, tiny" fill and then exercise. If I did this, I am certain that I could lose again. UGH, I guess I will call Monday. Good luck ladies!

Crzytchr - You will do it we all will. We just all need to get ahold of our demons. We all are her for you just like you all have been there for me

I think everyone is doing fab, Congrats!!!

Edited by kimaly

Blaze - Congrats on your weight loss way to go!!!

kimaly - Any thoughts on the words I can tattoo on my wrist for encourgment or something to remind myself I need to stay focused on my journey

I just can't think of anything really smart right now, But if it were me it would be something simple like:I choose my path or The Choice is Mine, Then I would know each and eveytime it's what I choose.

1day, think about the big pic, 96lbs. you kick ass!

2 good dogs YOU GO GIRL!!!!

Edited by kimaly

another one 1 Day, got it off Facebook, Trust your journey!!

another one 1 Day, got it off Facebook, Trust your journey!!

I like all of those ecspecially this one thank you

WOO HOO! Couldn't wait until Tuesday to share. Got on the scale a day early and almost hit the roof, Yep 150.6 (does that still count as goal with the .6) Eather way it said 150!!! I feel so good about finishing something I started. I know I still have a life long journey ahead of me and that's OK Today I feel FANTASTIC!!!!!!:thumbup:

WOO HOO! Couldn't wait until Tuesday to share. Got on the scale a day early and almost hit the roof, Yep 150.6 (does that still count as goal with the .6) Eather way it said 150!!! I feel so good about finishing something I started. I know I still have a life long journey ahead of me and that's OK Today I feel FANTASTIC!!!!!!:thumbup:

Congratulations!

Kimaly, Congrats!........Awesome!!!

crzytchr,.........you can get on track again. Sometimes STUFF gets in our way and we get derailed. Congrats on the 14lb!

Good dogs.....Congrats on getting to Onederland! That is my goal this year.

Oneday.......I am glad you are hanging in for support. I know you must be stressed to the max with your job. Hang in there!!

Well, I just did half of my steps this morning........skeeters and all. Boy, they are bad! I overate yesterday.....not bad stuff, just too much. So, no weigh change except I did lose the 2lbs I gained last week.

WOO HOO! Couldn't wait until Tuesday to share. Got on the scale a day early and almost hit the roof, Yep 150.6 (does that still count as goal with the .6) Eather way it said 150!!! I feel so good about finishing something I started. I know I still have a life long journey ahead of me and that's OK Today I feel FANTASTIC!!!!!!:w00t:

YAY!!!!!! :party::Dancing_jimlad::thumbup::blink::thumbup::bananajump:

Woooohooo!!!

I just had a msg yesterday from here that actually turned out to be a yr old, but I am glad to be back on. I am down 80pds and seriously holding at that...but I still have about 40pds left to go - finding it difficult to break thru. But I got a Gazelle at a garage sale for $15 and I am using that.

It has been a very very difficult year for me, my Daddy past a yr ago this July 1st, my marriage broke up this past February and I was sent to an oncologist 6 wks after my Dad passed cuz of some blood tests I had, they have been trying to figure out what is going on with me, very high red blood counts, tired...since May my left booty and leg are numb and in the last 9 days I have been having strange vertigo...not the kind where you turn your head and the world spins, have had that...this is when I lower the upper part of my body, I lose balance. I am going to a consult to have a nerve biopsy done next week, so we will see what that brings about. Since I was a teen, 3 things constantly have come up for me Lupus, MS & Leukemia...what is it about those 3 things makes completely different doctors go after the same thing? In my family tests mean nothing. My Daddy hadnt been well, been taken to the hospital, had numerous, blood tests, mri's, ct scans and NOTHING showed up, nothing...then on May 19th last yr his colon ruptured and when they went in they found 4th stage cancer - talk about a dbl barrel shotgun! If one didnt get him - the other would. How can one have 4th stage cancer an it not show up? He survived the rupture and the cancer took him on July 1st, 3 days before their 50th wedding anniversary...they were going to renew their vows. Devastated family for sure, but he was such a good Daddy, a Godly man, and a father to the fatherless....there were over 350 ppl who came to pay respects, we stood for over 4 hrs without a break, it was astounding. As you can tell I miss him very much. Yes they had been married on the 4th of July, funny thing, my Daddy came here from Holland and became an American citizen on July 1st and then a citizen of heaven on the same date.

Anyway, I didnt mean to get off on a tangent. It has been amazing that I have held at the 80pds this yr. I have found 2 things to be amazing in the last 2 yrs...I have aquired a like for veggies and not ever having a sweet tooth before surgery, I find that am completely addicted to ice cream. My motto has become *obey the tummy* due to the fact that one day it will like what the previous day it completely objected to...so I am not going to eliminate a food, just cuz one day, it didnt like it...why does that happen? It is a funny thing to find I can eat popcorn, yeah like a med size bag, no prob, bob! What is up with that? Tummy pretty consistantly doesnt like pork anymore, which is a shame, cuz I LOVE it. But I do eat alot more fish and veggies and Soup and fruit and Kashi Go Lean oatmeal - love that stuff! Anyone else, seem to have the same issues? I have only had 2 fills, I think that is kinda interesting in light of everyone else...isnt it?

Kimaly - Way to go Girl Awesome!!!!

Cynthia - Awesome on the 80 pounds!!!

I just had a msg yesterday from here that actually turned out to be a yr old, but I am glad to be back on. I am down 80pds and seriously holding at that...but I still have about 40pds left to go - finding it difficult to break thru. But I got a Gazelle at a garage sale for $15 and I am using that.

It has been a very very difficult year for me, my Daddy past a yr ago this July 1st, my marriage broke up this past February and I was sent to an oncologist 6 wks after my Dad passed cuz of some blood tests I had, they have been trying to figure out what is going on with me, very high red blood counts, tired...since May my left booty and leg are numb and in the last 9 days I have been having strange vertigo...not the kind where you turn your head and the world spins, have had that...this is when I lower the upper part of my body, I lose balance. I am going to a consult to have a nerve biopsy done next week, so we will see what that brings about. Since I was a teen, 3 things constantly have come up for me Lupus, MS & Leukemia...what is it about those 3 things makes completely different doctors go after the same thing? In my family tests mean nothing. My Daddy hadnt been well, been taken to the hospital, had numerous, blood tests, mri's, ct scans and NOTHING showed up, nothing...then on May 19th last yr his colon ruptured and when they went in they found 4th stage cancer - talk about a dbl barrel shotgun! If one didnt get him - the other would. How can one have 4th stage cancer an it not show up? He survived the rupture and the cancer took him on July 1st, 3 days before their 50th wedding anniversary...they were going to renew their vows. Devastated family for sure, but he was such a good Daddy, a Godly man, and a father to the fatherless....there were over 350 ppl who came to pay respects, we stood for over 4 hrs without a break, it was astounding. As you can tell I miss him very much. Yes they had been married on the 4th of July, funny thing, my Daddy came here from Holland and became an American citizen on July 1st and then a citizen of heaven on the same date.

I am so sorry you have had such a hard year. I lost my Dad to cancer in april of 09 so just before you lost yours. I understand what you are going through!! :grouphug: You are still doing amazing!! Congrats on the 80 lbs down!!

Anyway, I didnt mean to get off on a tangent. It has been amazing that I have held at the 80pds this yr. I have found 2 things to be amazing in the last 2 yrs...I have aquired a like for veggies and not ever having a sweet tooth before surgery, I find that am completely addicted to ice cream. My motto has become *obey the tummy* due to the fact that one day it will like what the previous day it completely objected to...so I am not going to eliminate a food, just cuz one day, it didnt like it...why does that happen? It is a funny thing to find I can eat popcorn, yeah like a med size bag, no prob, bob! What is up with that? Tummy pretty consistantly doesnt like pork anymore, which is a shame, cuz I LOVE it. But I do eat alot more fish and veggies and Soup and fruit and Kashi Go Lean Oatmeal - love that stuff! Anyone else, seem to have the same issues? I have only had 2 fills, I think that is kinda interesting in light of everyone else...isnt it?

Cynthia, I am glad you found your way back. Congrats on the 80lbs. Reading about your dad was so touching. I know you must really miss him. My dad passed away in 96 just a week after their 49th anniversary. My mother is still living. She is 86.

I can't believe you have only had 2 fills and lost so much weight. I have lost 81lbs, but I need to lose at least fifty more. Sounds like your food choices are really healthy.....except ice cream. I guess we all have our guilty pleasures. I know I have mine......cake!

Congratulations kimaly!

Cynthia, I am glad you are on the forum. You have done a fabulous job with your weight loss so far especially considering that you have definitely had a rough year. It is hard losing a parent and then to have your own health haywire makes it harder. My stepdaughter was having some crazy health issues. They were going back and forth between Lupus and rheumatoid arthritis. Her tests always come back mixed. She is fine for about 6 weeks and then she will have a week where she can barely walk. Please update next week when you get your results from the nerve biopsy.