Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July Butterflies Master Thread

Ugh, well I came home today from having my hysterectomy 10 lbs heavier!!!!! WTH!!!??? I know it is just air and fluids, but dangit. I couldn't even eat what they served me, so I know it isn't weight. It is just frustrating. I am hurting, swollen, bloated, without a uterus AND 10 lbs heavier!? Not a good day.

I hope you feel better soon. Don't worry about the weight.....it is Fluid. It will come off. Just take care of yourself.

After you have surgery you always weigh more. I did when I had my spinal surgery and with all the others. So don't worry.

I wanted to let you all know something and to have patience. I just now started loosing weight when my band was tightened enough that I could not eat certain foods and didn't want a large meal or even a medium meal. I want to stress this and I want you to look forward to what I am experiencing cause you will to. Here's a good example of how my life is changing. I went to lunch yesterday to met some friends was hungy in the morning but didn't eat cause I was eating an early lunch. By the time I met my friends I was more thirsty than hungry. So i just had iced tea and had over an hour conversation with my friends. I was NOT thinking about food at all. Just in the moment of the conversations that we were having. Then I saw another friend that I talked to later who bought two large iced Christmas Cookies, two chocolate cookies and a wonderful look chocolate cupcake. She asked me to have some and I just shrugged no and talked to her and her grown son. Later late last night I was talking to my husband about my day and guess what? "IT W

It was funny about the food. For Breakfast yesterday and lunch they brought me the ONLY things that were being served that would not have gone down well. So, my wonderful dad made me fish couvillion, which I normally tolerate really well, but I guess irritation from the surgery is making my stomach more sensitive, so it was sticking. I am just sticking to liquids for now. Hopefully it will all get better. I am trying not to take tooooo much pain medication, because anyone that has had ANYTHING gynecological done that involved cutting knows that you are AFRAID to go to the bathroom. I am sooo dreading it.:thumbup: and the pain meds will only make the process harder.:thumbup:

I am up now because it is time for my wonderful husband to go to work and I needed to go to the restroom. I will get up again later when my daughter wakes up. Good bye for now!

I Just wanted to say thank you to everyone one on this

thread. I've only had one fill and I'm really struggling with

the fact that I havent lost any weight this month. Up 2

one day down 2 the next. Its nice to hear everyones

struggles and acomplishments. I just want to say great

job everyone. Lets be nice to ourselves and enjoy our

acomplishments no matter how small or big. Keep posting

and supporting each other. Thanks

I Just wanted to say thank you to everyone one on this

thread. I've only had one fill and I'm really struggling with

the fact that I havent lost any weight this month. Up 2

one day down 2 the next. Its nice to hear everyones

struggles and acomplishments. I just want to say great

job everyone. Lets be nice to ourselves and enjoy our

acomplishments no matter how small or big. Keep posting

and supporting each other. Thanks

I'm in the same boat, I haven't lost anything since Thanksgiving and need a fill. But the good news is not losing is way better then gaining.

yiu bet. I have been discouraged too and avoided this website but it is now time to move on... going to count calories... do something pro-active... and can't wait for my gym teacher to come back.!

Hi all,

I have not posted in a while. I have been having a tough time. I didn't get a fill in October like I probably should have because my doctor was not going to around that much during the holidays. But I go back for a fill on 01/05/09. I can't wait I feel so hungry right now. Anyways I have missed you all.

How about we share some of our goals for 2009?

Last year was all about diet and eating habits for me. --And jumping through all those hoops! This is my year to start exercising regularly and build up my strength and stamina.

Mine is to buy a bike and go on rides with my son and do alot more physical stuff with him. No more letting my mind get in the way of what my body wants to do. Also he wants me to go rock climbing at the indoor rock wall place and I am going to do it this year:biggrin:

I think I may go for a little unfill. I am not able to eat enough and I am worried that I will turn to slidders like some other people do. I just don't want to pay the $250. For though the Holidays was not centered around eating food instead it was centered around not eating. That is still not a healthy mindset. I loved though not having to HAVE to have certain foods and keep eating even when i was stuffed. I did not have a free for all Holiday which is very new and every day is new when food is not the mainstay in my life!

Edited by joiful