Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July Butterflies Master Thread

I am doing great. I started at 199.6 (5ft. 2 inches tall) Surgery was July 16th - I am at 164 today!!

I am soooo glad I got the lap band. It is just the tool I needed to help me set quanity limits. Although I was self pay; I consider it the best investment I have ever made.

I got banded on the 16th too. I'm 5'0" and was at 213 when I got the band. Today I'm 186. I lost 4 lbs since my 5th fill this past Tuesday. That's what helped me break through the plateau, but more importantly, really helped to remotivate me.

I couldn't agree more with your comment about this being the best investment I've ever made. How can anything compare to investing and improving in oneself?

Joiful, ignore all those that are cutting at you for being banded because of a low start weight. That's all BS. It's been proven that those with 40lbs or more to lose find it nearly impossible to lose without medical intervention. What are you supposed to do? Wait until you are 100 or more lbs overweight? My only regret is that I didn't do this earlier at a lower weight.

This thread's been very quiet the past couple of days. Where is everyone?

That is what I was wondering yesterday.

I have some questions. Went to a Christmas party last night for ABWA. I didn't put any salad on my plate, I needed Protein. I got Lasagna, Fett. Alfredo , hard veggies that looked very cook, and chicken spedinni. My band just started working so I am learning how to eat. I took a couple of bites and the chicken was hard to swallow and a bit of Lasagna. I thought to myself the Lasagna was overcooked, chicken was not cooked right, veggies couldn't even put a fork into them and I thought to myself this is not worth eating. I boxed it up and took it home. I was thinking too it would take to long for me to eat it and not be able to enjoy it because of other people around.

Have you had similiar happenings? I came home and had baked chicken with some canned peas and carrots and a grapefruit. My husband ate the dinner.

Joiful, I find that foods I used to enjoy and partake of in too much quantity now is no longer as appealing. Sometimes, I take one bite of something and even if I'm hungry, it just didn't taste right so I walk away. With this last fiill, I'm pretty sure I'm at my sweet spot. It's been one week and while the band has loosened enough for me to eat solid foods, literally, one serving makes me feel full, not just band full but belly full, too.

I had fill number three yesterday. The NP checked my Fluid level (it was good) and added 1 cc. He said one day of fluids and half portions the next day. I'm definitely a little tighter, but have only tried raisin bran and milk so far.

DH got a call to come in for an interview, and also was contacted by a headhunter with a few companies in mind. Fingers crossed. I'd like him to have a choice of jobs, ideally, but anything reasonable that will continue our oh so important health care coverage, would be nice.

Hi everyone, hey gotta question I've been working out daily and noticed that my port site hurts. Has anyone experienced this after working out? Hope everyone is doing well and enjoy the upcomming hoilday.

I only notice it when I bend over. I have been working out too. I have lost a lot of belly fat so that could be the reason, not as much cushion.

Since I haven't been working out, it doesn't bother me when I don't work out. He he

In all seriousness, if I sleep on my stomach I notice it's sore in the morning. I try not to sleep on my stomach but sometimes my body does its own thing while my mind is in dreamland.

Yep I'm a tummy sleeper too, my port is sometimes sore in the morning. Orea, glad to hear things might be looking up for ya'll. I'll put ya'll in my players tonight.

Gosh this economy is effecting everything. My husband just started driving for pizza Hut. He was in the mortgage industry. Unemployment is so far behind. We have our own business but like everything else it is suffering to. Do you think with the pressures of the economy some times you want to eat?

Gosh this economy is effecting everything. My husband just started driving for pizza Hut. He was in the mortgage industry. Unemployment is so far behind. We have our own business but like everything else it is suffering to. Do you think with the pressures of the economy some times you want to eat?

Yep, my husband got an email notice last wednesday laying him off(works for Dow) through the xmas holidays.....I hit the kitchen looking for snacks....I grazed all day. I even turned on Paula Deen and watched her make Cookies. I am still having a problem with slider foods. My husband will not know if he has a job until January 5th. I am so thankful our kids are grown. Staying in control of my eating will be a challenge for the next 3 weeks. :)

When you get the head hunger thing that urges you to eat (usually bad foods at that), drink some Water instead. If that doesn't make it go away, do jumping jacks and "feel" your body cringing under your excess weight and that should help shut that craving up.

I am sorry to hear about the employment problems. My family has been fortunate so far. I am very thankful.

Donna, I am soooo glad to see your band working for you!!!!

Well, I am on Day 8 of a Migraine headache. I have been to the dr 2 times and had 2 shots. Then, I found out the results of my pelvic ultrasound Monday afternoon and I need a hysterectomy. I am 41 and already have two kids, so it isn't that devastating to me, but it still shakes me up a bit. On top of that, since I teach, I am trying to have it done quickly so the time off of work is minimized. So, they scheduled it for December 22nd. :( Since I changed districts that I teach in, I am meeting TWO deductibles this year!!!!! That is the only part that really sucks. My lap band co pay was 2500. I think this will be 1500. BUT, at least I have insurance. And, hopefully, this may help my Migraines, since it is possible they are hormone related.:eek:

Does anyone know if all surgeries require an unfill before? I plan on calling my doc, but I was wondering if anyone had experience with this.

Hey all..

havent been on in awhile.. just caught up reading everyones posts..

I wont be around for awhile.. we are heading out of the country tomorrow..

take care everyone and God's blessing on you for this holiday season.

When you get the head hunger thing that urges you to eat (usually bad foods at that), drink some Water instead. If that doesn't make it go away, do jumping jacks and "feel" your body cringing under your excess weight and that should help shut that craving up.

Thanks for the advice......water is a good idea and I need to drink more water.:(