Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July Butterflies Master Thread

I have had 8 fills and still almost no restriction! So fustrating. I am looking at how much weight you all have lost and I am jealous. I need a 9th fill and emailed the Doctor today to see what they could do for me. My insurance has dropped me and I would be self paid. At $250 and I have so many other medical bills that I am paying on that I don't want to pay the $250. I think after all this they should give it to me.

Happy belated birthday Crzytchr! Once you start getting some restriction from the fills, the morning eating seems to be out. Most people can't handle anything but liquids until lunch time.

I got for my 5th fill tomorrow. I hope it gives me some more restriction as I can eat just about anything (nothing gets stuck unless I eat too fast) and I can eat way more than 2 cups of food at a sitting. Although I don't feel I have much restriction and I'm eating way less food than I used to eat, I also don't feel hungry like I used to; in fact I'm rarely hungry these days even if I skip meals. Down side, I am not losing, but at leat I am not gaining. I really think at this point, it's going to have to be exercise for me.

Thank you Donna, and good luck with your fill. I made it through today without getting sick. So, I guess all is good for now. Believe me, I will definitely get some taken out if I start getting sick again. I can't handle that. I am SUCH a baby about throwing up. :biggrin: Of course, this isn't as bad as that, but close enough.

Hi, I am belatedly checking in. Things are going okay here. My crazy hunger seems to have pretty much left. Finally!!! I am a little tighter, probably because of my husband's 60 day notice from his job, but really amazingly calm, considering. I'm starting to lose at a reasonable rate, but I am really working at it. Exercise, not so much, but I plan to start really soon. Some of my older clothes are starting to really hang on me. The difference didn't show much for the longest time, at least not to me. I need to pull out some of the smaller sized things I bought months ago, around the time I had my surgery, thinking I would need them soon (not!), and see if they fit yet.

We had a pleasant Thanksgiving meal with friends. I did pretty well, and was amazed at the heaped plates everyone else had. How the mindset changes! It looked pretty disgusting to me. And the only real non-starchy vegetable there was the green bean dish (cooked in cider!) I brought. My friend cooked mountains of food for 6 adults, none of whom is at or near their ideal weight, shall we say...

It was a bit uncomfortable for me because I love both halves of this couple dearly, and it pains me to see them unable to stop sniping at each other and criticizing each other. They are both wonderful, intelligent, talented people and I wish they would actively appreciate each other instead of focusing on what they don't like in their partners. As my favorite bumper sticker says, I wish they would "Hiss less, purr more."

I can't wait to see the 200's!

Orea, it's so good to see you back and posting and even better to hear that the hunger monster is finally being tamed. It is amazing all the food others eat isn't it? When I eat around others, I'm always amazed at the amount and then amazed that I used to eat that much and maybe more prior to banding.

Hello everyone.. I am still around

Happy belated b-day crzytchr..

Orea glad to hear things are going well.. I am with you on the thanksgiving thing.. my hubby's family didnt eat all day to say up for the big meal and I am thinking to myself.. ummm ya.. not a good idea.. starve yourself and then load up on carbs!

I did pretty well overall.. my weight did go up about 4lbs when I weighed myself after returning home.. I dont know maybe it was the scale or the crazy time of day I weighed myself.. but I was a little upset.. its been 2days since I have been back and I have dropped 3 of those lbs. so something tells me it was something weird..

I am a little frusterated because I need a little more fill but I have to wait till January for it.. because I leave in 9 days for a 3 week trip.. I just really could use the extra restriction!! I have been being really good and trying to only eat when my stomach grumbles something I didnt do over thanksgiving weekend. man that food was so rich..

well hopefully I will check in again before we leave..

Orea, I am so glad you are back and doing good. I was concerned you dropped off the LBT.

I called the doctor's office yesterday about all the pbing I was doing. They wanted to see me for an unfill. He took out .5cc. Wow, I feel so much better although I get hungry sooner. I would rather be a little hungry than getting stuck every time I eat. I go on the 18th for a fill. He will probably put a little of it back.

Back from my 5th fill. They added another .5 cc to take me up to a total of 5 ccs. I can definitely feel the extra .5 ccs. Now I'm hungry but I don't know if I can eat -- I'm going to stick to liquids for the rest of the day and ease back into solids. I'm hopeful this fill will help me break 190 by the end of the week.

Back from my 5th fill. They added another .5 cc to take me up to a total of 5 ccs. I can definitely feel the extra .5 ccs. Now I'm hungry but I don't know if I can eat -- I'm going to stick to liquids for the rest of the day and ease back into solids. I'm hopeful this fill will help me break 190 by the end of the week.

You go girl! I hope it is the kickstart you need. Yep, stay on liquids today. I hope 5cc will put you to your sweet spot.:cursing::thumbup:B)

Joyful, You said 9 fills but you didn't say how many cc's you have. And orea, welcome back. Hope your DH finds something soon. Donna, Congrats on the fill. I'm hoping to get one soon but for now I have a lump in my breast and after the ultra sound now I have to have a biopsy tomarrow and they asked me to wait until they know whats going on. so i'm just trying to stay calm and in control of my food intake, you know that emotional eating thing alot of us have. anyway it's nice to see so many people comming back here and posting.

Kimaly, I hope your biopsy results are fine. Keep thinking positive.

Thanks Donna, I am.

Kimaly, I am sorry you are having to have a biopsy. I know you must be so anxious. I had one when I was in my twenties after the birth of my second child. I will say a prayer for you.

Hugs and prayers!

Kimaly, I am sending prayers your way.