Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

great2bthin, good luck with your knee surgery! I am sure you will be up and running around in no time!

I am getting sooo excited about my plastic surgery next month! I keep going back on forth on what to get done. I have my pre op appt on oct 28 and I am hoping I can get my Tummy Tuck and thighs done. I am scheduled to get tummy tuck and breast lift with augmentation but really would like the tummy tuck and thighs done first. My breast are not bad and with a bikini top or bra they look good. My thighs have gotten worse over the last couple of months. I have lost so much weight in them that if I turn my leg to the side I have a bunch of extra skin (bleck). I am not sure if they can do those two together so we will see. If they wont hubby said I can get thighs done in 3 months after my surgery in nov. I love that man lol. I have been going to the gym twice a day really trying to be in the best shape possible for my ps. I am down to 154! For a total of 151 pounds lost! I have almost lost half my weight!!!! I haven't been trying to lose weight but it just keeps coming off. I feel awesome and am really happy with the way I look. The surgery will just be the icing on the cake! I wish everyone much love and happy losing xoxo

Hey Allie...first of all...congrats on reaching your goal and it's so nice to hear how happy you are. Just wanted to jump in here after reading that you are struggling on what PS procedures to have done. Just wanted to put my 2 cents worth in. I have seen many posts stating how difficult it is to do the TT and thigh lift together. If you go back through the PS threads (As Dr. Schulman), you might find your answer. I think posters name is "Kareyquilts" and there is a discussion about having the two done together. I can't remember if she actually had it done or was advised against it. Something you might want to ask Dr. Schulman or maybe PM Kareyquilts. Just a thought.

Hey to the other Junies. Have not posted on this thread for quite some time but have kept up with post. I tend to hang in couple other threads and have had such a busy life lately that just have not had time for much.

I am doing quite well. Lost more weight than I intended to. Doc thinks it's metabolic. Anyway, got to goal last Oct and bumped cals up to about 2000 and still lost about 20lbs. Eating about 3000-3500 cals a day and just maintaining. I am post menopausal and thinking that my metabolism kicked back in after being dormant for so many years. I feel wonderful and have all kinds of energy so doc nor myself are worried about it. I am tall but very smalled boned so it all fits.

So, Allie, if you are happy with the weight that you are at, really keep on top of getting all your cals. Don't let happen what happened to me. I was not weighing myself after getting to goal. Ate more than adequate cals every day but still lost. It's just has difficult trying to put it back on as it is to take it off. Anyway, like I said, I feel great and do not sweat the weight loss anymore but truly would rather be at more goal weight than under.

Sorry I have been MIA for so long. I will make a better effort to stay with this thread in the future.

Also Allie...maybe you want to wait on the breast PS for a bit. I am a 54 yr old and was disappointed in my boobs after my weight loss. A year after hitting goal, I can say that I am truly happy in how my boobs have gone back into shape. I am a believer that in order to keep breasts in shape, a good bra should be worn except for when sleeping. But, I could run around without one and my boobs sit right up there. Maybe you want to just wait a few more months and see how they shape up. Just a thought.

hey Apples!

I am hoping to have the tt and thighs done but have to ask dr if he can do both at same time. I figure if I am going to be in pain those are supposed to be the worst, why not do them together.

My boobs are good but I want them to be great :thumbup: If you look at my pics and are a friend of mine you can see pics taken a couple months ago. I am a 36 DD and if I wear a bra they are fabulous :D I am only 39 so I figure if I can get them to look great why not. I plan on getting everything done since I worked so hard to lose all the weight. My hubby at first was against it but when I told him it was important to me for me, he said I could get whatever I wanted done. :cursing: I love the way I look in my clothes now and want to love the way i look naked. So within 6 months I will have tt, thighs and boobs done. :ohmy:

Wow how the world do you eat 3000 calories a day! I struggle to eat 1200. I couldn't possible eat 3x that! I will post before and after pics as soon as possible! xoxo

I have worked every day since Feb to get my 3000 cals or more a day in. I am an extremely active person and, as I said, metabolism kicked into high gear at the beginning of 2009. I check out healthy. DH says I have the best of both worlds. Can eat and still maintain. I have only had two fills and have 14cc band so I really don't have much restriction.

I hope you don't take it that I was doubting you having PS. Just from personal experience and how my boobs shaped up was where I was coming from. I lucked out and have a flat stomach after all the weight loss. The only thing I would like to get done is a thigh lift. I am thinking maybe a year from now I will look into it. I have just heard a number of times it's difficult to do TT and TL together but you gotta trust your PS doc and what he recommends for you to do. I guess I would be the same as you and want anything I could do done at one time. Cannot wait to see your results.

BTW....put in a friend request and would love to see your photos. I thought I had you on my friends list but see I don't.

I'm home from my surgery!! Feeling pretty good too. The knee pain is gone, it's just a different kind of pain now and think it will get better everyday. I can already stand on my bad knee easier than I could before surgery.

Allie, I am sure you will make the best decision for you regarding your PS, am anxious to see the pics!

I'm home from my surgery!! Feeling pretty good too. The knee pain is gone, it's just a different kind of pain now and think it will get better everyday. I can already stand on my bad knee easier than I could before surgery.

Allie, I am sure you will make the best decision for you regarding your PS, am anxious to see the pics!

Hey there! I am so glad you are doing so well soo soon! That is amazing. Just imagine what you will be doing in a couple of weeks!

I am anxious to see my ps after pics as well lol. I am getting so excited and nervous all in one. Trying to keep busy. I will post a before and an after since I have lost quite a bit since the last almost naked pics were done lol :thumbup:

Have a great day girls!

I most certainally did have total knee replacement surgery, just this past Monday. I am amazed at how well one can do after it. I have a ways to go but can get around. My biggest obstacle in the hospital was my blood count levels but once that got better so did I. I just took my first shower at home and that felt so good. I got a little weak and DH had to bring a chair in the bathroom. Of course, he offered to shower with me incase I got weak. LOL NOT YET!! Already there is less pain in that knee when I stand on one leg than there was before surgery, it's not pain free yet but I have high hopes.

Allie, I have discovered that having been prepared for the worst in recovery that it makes it seem so easy, maybe since you are getting nervous about your's when it gets here it will seem like a cinch. It will be so worth it.

It's so great to see some action on this board. Long, I'm so glad that your surgery went well and you are recuperating so quickly! That is awesome! Allie, I can't wait to see your pics after ps!! It's definitely something I want to do one day, but I just can't afford it right now. Gotta pay off one surgery before I start on another :thumbup: I'm in Philly visiting my sister and we are getting ready to head out shopping. It's crazy how much I love shopping now (my Loft card would say I love it a little too much :tt2:). I'm calling the clothes I buy now my "forever clothes" though as the ones I've been buying I knew wouldn't fit the next year. I still haven't lost a pound (it's been a good six weeks). I haven't gained either, so that's a good thing. I just really want to be at goal which is less than 20 pounds away. I had said before that I knew I'd be there by Christmas and now I'm not sure if that's going to happen which is kind of disappointing. I really need a fill, but I just can't afford it right now which sucks. I wish my doctors office did a payment plan vs me owing $250ish. I'm also scared of the whole process now that I'm paying. I mean if they put too much in, then I have to pay again to have it taken out. I guess I'll figure it out. Hope everyone is doing well!!

Teach, does your dr office charge for unfills too? I have to pay for fills but if it's too much there's never a charge for an unfill, might not hurt to ask about that. I was self pay too and am still paying for my surgery as well. Just found out as of next year my insurance will cover WLS. Kindda bummed me out but on the ohter hand I'd still be sitting here 300+ lbs and not feeling as good as I am. It does give me comfort though if anything ever goes bad on my band then it should be covered now to get fixed.

My knee is getting stronger every day, I have quite a deal of pain at night with this brace I have to wear to bed, but it's bearable. Am anxious for it to be all healed.

I just assumed it would be a charge. I'll have to call and find out. That would really ease my mind and make me more willing to spend the money on the fill. Thanks for the info! I'm sure finding out that you wouldn't have to pay for surgery is quite a bummer, but like you said, think of where you'd be if you hadn't had it. You've added years to your life that you wouldn't have, if you would have waited. You'll be at least 2 years ahead of the game :thumbup: Glad you are doing well!!

It's so great to see some action on this board. Long, I'm so glad that your surgery went well and you are recuperating so quickly! That is awesome! Allie, I can't wait to see your pics after ps!! It's definitely something I want to do one day, but I just can't afford it right now. Gotta pay off one surgery before I start on another :o I'm in Philly visiting my sister and we are getting ready to head out shopping. It's crazy how much I love shopping now (my Loft card would say I love it a little too much :confused:). I'm calling the clothes I buy now my "forever clothes" though as the ones I've been buying I knew wouldn't fit the next year. I still haven't lost a pound (it's been a good six weeks). I haven't gained either, so that's a good thing. I just really want to be at goal which is less than 20 pounds away. I had said before that I knew I'd be there by Christmas and now I'm not sure if that's going to happen which is kind of disappointing. I really need a fill, but I just can't afford it right now which sucks. I wish my doctors office did a payment plan vs me owing $250ish. I'm also scared of the whole process now that I'm paying. I mean if they put too much in, then I have to pay again to have it taken out. I guess I'll figure it out. Hope everyone is doing well!!

I go to Fill Centers USA, and they do not charge for an "unfill" if you inform them you are too tight within 72 hours... Might want to check them out. Hope to see "LESS OF YOU" in the near future! Keep up th egood work!

I've had such a frustrating day and I feel like no one will understand or be of help anymore than you guys. So I called this morning to find out about the fills/unfills at my surgeon's office. To give you a little backgroud, there are three surgeons in my practice. 2 only work at one hosptial and then my surgeon works at 2 different hospitals. I dial the number and it says the number has been disconnected. So I'm a little confused and call the other number and it says "Welcome to Dominion Surgical Group"...yeah, I was banded by Richmond Surgical Group. I wait on hold and end up finding out that my surgeon has left the practice and both have changed their names (Ummm...I spent $13500 less than 18 months ago, don't you think you could have spend $.42 on a stamp to send me a form letter and let me know?!?!). So they give me the new number, I call my surgeon's office and find out because he is now only affiliated with the other hosptial the cost of a fill under XRay has gone from $258 (which I already didn't have) to $524. I cried on the phone. I mean really...I'm so close to goal and I need to finish this. Everyone says I look great, I don't need to lose anymore, etc, but I NEED to do this for me. I need to feel like for once in my life I've hit that goal. So I talked to one of my teammates and ended up calling back the other office (that my surgeon is no longer affiliated with) to find out if I can get my fill there. This is the same hospital that I had my surgery and where I've had all my fills. They said it's going to depend on if I signed a Bon Secours contract (where I had my surgery) or an HDH contract (where my doctor is now). If I signed an HDH contract, then I'll have to, once again, pay the $195 consultation fee like I paid before surgery to go in and them tell me I can get a fill (keep in mind, I've seen all the doctors and the NP in this office). If I signed a Bon Secours contract (keep your fingers crossed), then there is no consultation fee. But, in order to get a fill through Bon Secours (where it's half as much) I have to transfer care to one of the other surgeon and leave mine. I know it isn't that big of a deal, but at the same time it is...he's been with me through this whole thing and to just essentially cut ties...ugh! So I've got a couple of phone calls in. One to find out which contract I signed and the other to one of my favorite nurses to find out if there is anything on their end that can be done. If you are still reading, thanks! I just can't believe all of this has happened...it just stinks :thumbup: I'm going to bed early....I laid awake last night trying to figure out where to find the moolah for the fill and then once I decided to do it, this morning happened. I'm going to bed early tonight! Love you guys!

Hey Teach! Thanks for filling us in........ It is a shame how the medical field/docs who we put our trust in can just up and drop us without the courtesy of dropping us line...... we... the ones who have paid good hard-earned money to make them what they are! I hope everything works out for you! Keep up the good work! I too, am having a hard time coming up with the money to get my next fill (which is overdue now)... I have put it in God's hands, and there is no better place to be.. "If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it."