Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi Junies!

I'm just checking in! Ok, I'm officially 1 week post op! And wooohoo! I'm not in the hospital this time!!!! This is as far as I got with the first band before I was a seriously sick/infected internal organs/dehydrated chick, band out and starting 2 weeks being seriously ill in the hospital!

I'm feeling really good. I've pushed things a little too hard a couple of days and worn myself out, but overall I'm amazed at how great I feel. If I had any idea I was supposed to feel this good I would have been pounding on my surgeons' door by day 2 last time telling her something was really wrong! I just thought I was one of those unlucky ones who was a bit swollen for a few days. Who knew you weren't supposed to have to load up on lortab to drink Water by the teaspoonful? ;-)

This time - ZERO restriction. I'm on clears, but I swear I could eat a steak with no trouble! (and I don't even like steak!)

My incisions are looking good. The steristrips are starting to peel off, which is good because they itch like crazy! I had teased my surgeon in the pre-op area that she was going to have to think back and recall her plastic surgery rotation from way back, because I expected pretty scars this time. (Last time after the band came out, she used staples because she was worried she'd have to go back in again right away, and the scars ended up sort of ugly.) She went back in through the old port scar, which was the worst one because it had dimpled in about an inch, and the other little ones she put close to the 1st ones but those don't worry me much because the 1st ones faded pretty well (about half gone now). My new port scar looks like it's going to be nice - she cut out all the old ugly parts and I'll have one nice clean line, and it doesn't look like it's going to be all sunk in this time. Yay! She rocks!

The post op diet has been a challenge. Clears for 2 weeks. Uhg! I'm running out of inventive ways to make chicken broth. So far, stirring in a teaspoonful of pesto has been pretty good, and I came up with an "asian" flavor with a little ginger and cilantro. I'm alternating that plus a scoop of Protein Powder, with other Protein Drinks. Thank goodness I got a good variety! Once I survive the clear phase, I get to move on to pureed Soups and mushie stuff for 2 weeks then finally into soft Proteins and into my new normal eating. I'm looking forward to it.

Now one week out, I'm getting hungry. Not sure how much of it is in my head and how much is real hunger. 400-500 calories/day isn't a whole lot to run on for 2 weeks.

In good news, I've lost around 10lbs since surgery. It's a nice head start, because I think it may take a little time to get to that sweet spot given how loose I am right now and I know my surgeon is going to be uber cautious! I may resort to gnawing on the table legs before I get there. But hurray! 10 pounds!

Always ;-)

Hunzi

hey there Junies!!

Long, congrats on wearing your daughters hand me downs.. lol..

hunzi- sounds like you are doing much better this time around..

angel- Im glad you are going to get some help with getting a fill.

Lucy- woo hoo sounds like you are becoming a pampered chef queen!

vz- woo hoo on 75 pounds lost!!

Ok so this has been a sad week. A friend of ours age 42 died from an aneursym (sp?) her 14 & 8 year old sons came home from school and found her. It has been such a shock! Her and her hubby had just gone to las vegas and the doctors think she developed a blood clot from the long flight and it traveled to her brain. They had gotten home on Sunday and she was fine Monday morning but dead by that afternoon. It's sooo terrible. So please if any of you are taking long flights or drives get up and move around!! She fell asleep as soon as she got on the plane and slept the whole way. Her funeral will be on Tuesday :blink:.

My hubby and I are going to Atlantic City tomorrow and staying for two nights for a getaway. He said he wants to spend some quality time together. His buddy kept saying, make sure your wife knows how much you love her, our hearts are breaking for him and those kids. So everyone hold on to your dear ones and make sure they know you love them. Life can be soo short.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Easter! xoxo

Oh Allie dear, I'm so sorry about your dear friend. That poor family, I know they are in so much pain. That is so sad, so young and young kids. It's just heart breaking. My condolences.

Long, hey way to go on the pants. I bet you look HOT! Good luck with the unfill, hope all goes well.

VZ, I love "What Not To Wear" I love the clothes they come up with, but omg they are so expensive. And somkey eye, whoo hoo!

Hey Angel, I agree, the activites at your meeting did sound a little lame for grown-ups. Hope you had fun, ha ha. Good luck with the fills.

Hunzie!! Way to go, 10 pounds that are gone forever!! Just be patient with your restriction, it took me up to 3 fills before I felt restriction and I take it slow and easy and I have never had any problems, knock on wood.

I've been a little sick, dang germy school kids!!

Tommorw is my weigh in but I'm not feeling good about it.

lucy

Hi Junies...I am so sorry...I just cannot remember the last time I posted on this thread. I have been following it but a crazy time of year for us....I am BOOKED!

Great going on the weight loss VZ.

Hunzi...sounds like this time it will stick! So happy to hear good news from you.

Allie...so sorry about your friend. Even sadder when young kids are affected. I am sure everyone is still in shock over such a death.

My son called me today about a friend and student of his. DS is a commercial pilot and has a flight school outside of Atlanta. He has been training his friend who was about 1/2 through pilot training. He called DS Sunday night and told him that his sister was killed in an accident over the weekend and that he wanted to fly Monday morning to just get away to take his mind off of everything. DS was the last to talk with him. He committed suicide and did not show Monday morning. DS is pretty torn up. Death is so difficult to understand no matter what.

Just had a new computer installed tonight. Got the huge flat screen. Going to take me a little time to get used to it. I am soooooooooooo going to appreciate the entire set up.

Hope everyone had a good day. I posted in a couple other threads that if anyone wants to see photo of me...just PM me with your email address and I will send. I know it's not fair that I don't post here but it's a long and complicated story.

Well...back to the New York and LA Times crossword. Usually have them done by now but unusual evening around here. Take care and, again, so sorry you lost your friend, Allie.

Good morning Junies..

Thanks Apples and Lucy.. that is terrible about your son's friend apples!! My heart is breaking for your son and my goodness his poor parents! They have to bury their son and daughter! That is beyone comprehension! I have been hugging my kids and hubby extra this past couple of days.

Oh Apples send me a pic PLEASE! It's so funny what your mind pictures people look like.. I have this idea of you as this 5' 3" lady with blonde hair and teeny chicken legs (lol). That reminds me, I measured my calves and they are 16" now! That elliptical is doing it's job! My butt is firming up quite nicely too.

I go on May 13 for a plastic surgery consult. Woo Hoo. I just want an idea of how much this is going to cost and I heard he can show me digitally what my body will look like after ps. I definetly want to see that :blink:

We are off tonight for our mini honeymoon! I am so excited I can't even begin to tell you. Have a great weekend everyone! xoxo

Allie...you will need to PM me and send me your email address in order to get the photo. I can't seem to attach it here.

You are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay off, Allie. I am close to 5'7", dark short hair with legs all the way up to my A$$.

Apples, all I can think of is the poor parents and rest of the family, how aweful. It just has to be so hard to understand, so much pain. My heart is breaking for them.

Allie, have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, I couldn't imagine having to bury my son and my daughter at the same time. How tragic.

I have seen Apples pic and she's gorgeous but not blonde!!

Allie, congrats on the 16" calves!! Mine went down to 16 3/4 but went back up to over 17". GRRRR

So far my unfill has been pretty unnoticeable other than no reflux last night. Now I didn't have it every night so time will tell. I PB'd at lunch today. I think I had this attitude I didn't have to be as careful as I wasn't as restricted. I found it comforting to know there was still restriction. But the scale was up one today GRRRR

Hi Junies,

I haven't posted for a while but I have been reading whats going on. You all seem to be doing so well. I have been stuck at the same weight for so long and getting frustrated and sometimes dont care. This is bad because I have been eating way past comfortable and into pain several times. I know it hurts when I am too full but do it anyway! So I smacked myself and said snap out of it. Today I started a 5 day liquid diet because in case I am stretching my pouch, what you guys have commented on makes sense. Maybe I can shrink it back. I think I have a fill scheduled in a week or so but I am going to try to get out of this stall. I did ok today, had Protein shake(remember those!!) for Breakfast and lunch and doing ok with just Water to drink so far. I did have a little cup of applesauce but when I get home (still at work here...) I will sip chicken broth for supper. I need to stock up on some Jello and SF popsicles and hope I can do this for 5 days. I did it for 10 before surgery so I hope I can do 5 without curling up in a ball and sucking my thumb! I am such a wuss! Wish me luck Junies.

Hey Strike, good luck with your plan! I hope you can snap out of it and get on track with where you want to be.

lucy

Well Long...not sure you were looking at the photo I sent you. I wouldn't say that I am beautiful but I will take the compliment and run with it!

Strike....I think it's a great idea that you are doing the 5 day. I've always thought that is a great way to get back on track and get things working the way they should. Now, stick to it so you don't disappoint yourself. Then when you are done with it you will be soooooo proud and will feel like going the distance!

Lucy...will send you a photo when the computer guy shows up to load the computer. He took our old computer last night (and installed a new one) so he could do his thing and load crap back on tonight. As soon as he leaves I will email you.

Had a full day of volunteering at the hospital. Two different jobs today so worked til 6pm. I love it cuz I don't have to think but still enjoy it. Gets me off the farm and amongst people. I worked for so many years and had my own businesses so some days feel dead way out here. Things just don't mesh here when I work every day. Just a sacrifice I made for DH and our sanity.

Hope everyone had a good day. Have a good honeymoon, Allie. We want to hear all about it...minus SOME details!

HI Junies,

I haven't posted in a while. I've been dealing with some big issues and it has been very difficult. However, I am happy to report I have finally reached 100lbs lost!!:cool2: It seems to have taken forever to get here but i'm here. Next goal is onederland!! 13 lbs to go!!

Wishing everyone a Onederful Easter!!!

My first NSV in a very long time...even though I've only lost 36 pounds, I've been working out the last few weeks and I feel myself getting into better shape. Today, I went for a 2 mile walk and didn't have to stop at all to rest. My feet didn't even feel like they wanted to fall off when I was done :thumbdown:

Happy Easter Junies!!

We had a wonderful time and I actually won! We came home after all the expenses up $2,500 bucks! What a great surprise that was! It was so nice to get away and we got comped for all our meals. It was kind of ridiculous though because both mornings we were comped the breakfast buffet. I can not eat in the morning so both days I was only able to eat 1/2 of a yogurt! My hubby kept commenting on how different my eating habits are. It was so nice to not eat everything!

We had a wonderul room with a view of the ocean and it we stayed up both nights till after 3:00 a.m. we hadn't stayed up that late in so long. We danced, gambled and just explored! I took lots of pics so as soon as I figure out how to upload pics from my new camera I will post them.

I only have a sec, we have company coming so I didn't have time to read the previous posts. I hope everyone is doing well and having a wonderful Easter.

God Bless!

Hey everyone! I've been on spring break and just finished catching up on everyone! Hope you all had a great Easter! I spent the first half of my spring break in Miami Beach on a trip I earned with The Pampered Chef. It was amazing! I had so much fun! Lucy, I'm so glad to hear your business is going well! Maybe we'll get to meet next year in Disney!! It's back to work tomorrow. I have an appointment with my surgeon and nutritionist on Tuesday and a fill on Friday. I've got two months left (my self-pay amount covered the first year of treatment), so I need to talk to my doctor Tuesday about what things are going to look like after June 17th of this year. I have no Fluid in my band now and also need to find out how often they will let me get a fill. I've done well with out fluid, but know that I'll see the weight come off faster once I have some fluid :blushing: I got back on the Wii Fit today...one small step at a time. I'm gonna get up and exercise in the am before work. If I wait until I get home, it just doesn't get done. I did a little shopping this week. I just love Ann Taylor Loft. It's so wonderful to be able to walk into stores and just buy clothes! I'm a size 14 pants and a medium top. I even have a few dresses that are 12's :confused: I need to stop buying clothes though...I went through my closet and realized I have a LOT. If I'm planning on getting smaller, I need no more now :biggrin: I'm attaching a picture of my sister and I in Miami. (I'm on the right with the cardigan covering my arms :thumbup:) I have to say it's one of the first times I've seen a pic of myself and thought, wow, I look pretty darn good :unsure: It's a great feeling! I'm going to bed early tonight...it's back to work tomorrow :thumbdown: Have a great evening!!!

:crying:

Jennifer

post-239625-13813138313371_thumb.jpg

Edited by iteachurkid