Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey Junies!

Well I'm about 48hours away from Round 2! I'm in to the hospital on Wednesday morning for rebanding. I'm trying not to be nervous.

I've been keeping super busy with Mary Kay to keep my mind off it all. I just got back from our career conference, which is so much fun. Now I just want to get all this surgery and recovery over with as quickly as I can so I can get back on track with my business. I'm working on being the #1 consultant in my national area for the 2nd year in a row!

Last June with all the disaster of the post op infection I was pretty sure I wasn't going to be #1, but I was, but the recovery really took me a long time, so I wasn't back to work until about October, and now I'm a bit behind! I think I'm still in the top 10, and there's still plenty of time before June 30th for me to catch up!

With Career Conference, etc, I'm only just now starting the liquid diet. I've been eating fairly sensibly up until now, and working on picking lower carb choices, but now it's liquids until midnight Tuesday. Bah humbug, I'm already hungry. ;-)

I'll probably be here chattering nervously until the anesthesiologist knocks me out! ;-) Prayers and happy thoughts are most welcome!

Always ;-)

Hunzi

Hey Hunzi, congrats on the rebanding and the Mary Kay, way to go!!

I wish the best with the surgery, I bet you are excited.

So what is your secret to your success with MK? I am selling Pampered Chef and I love it! Do you have any tips from one consultant to another?

Lucy

Happy Sunday Junies..

Hunzi! congrats and good luck!!!!!

Strike, nice to see you girl! Have fun with your babies.

Vz- sounds like you are keeping busy. Sometimes things happen just so you can get some quality ME time!

Apples, I haven't tried the seven for mankind yet but will.

Lucy- I hope you had an enjoyable dinner with your dad.

Long, I was on the thread to see what erosion really was and it definetly wasn't what i thought it was. I unfortunately got involved in a conversation I shouldn't have and boy did I learn my lesson. I just was pissed because I thought the doctor was really nice and informative to post in a thread and he got slammed for it. It made me mad and I impulsively posted when I was mad. LOL. I realized I am so pro band that when people aren't it makes me mad. It kind of felt like someone picking on my kids LOL. I took it personally and I shouldn't have. I am staying out of that thread from now on. lol. Just because it has done so much for me doesn't mean that it is the right choice for everyone. :crying: God sure gave me a kick in the pants for that one.

I hope everyone has a great Monday!

Hunzi...wishing you all the best with your upcoming surgery. You've been through a lot and you deserve a bit of luck this time. Please keep us posted as I am sure we are all anxious to hear how you are doing. Sending love your way!

Good Sunday evening, Everyone! Had a busy weekend. Helped oldest DS (28) with his bookwork for his tax appt. He had things pretty well documented but got a new program put on his computer and got last year's transaction and up to date for this year. He was VERY appreciative and momma didn't mind helping him out.

Did some last minute things around the house and a little baking for the guys for when I am in Vegas. I am so excited for this trip. Just hope I can go into the relax mode once I get there. I always worry about home, the farm and how things are getting done.

Our weather is pretty iffy which is making me nervous. Any hint of bad weather tomorrow and I am off and running to get closer to the airport (4 hour drive).

You all have a good week and will talk when I get back. Take care....and, Hunzi, you will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Happy Sunday Junies..

Hunzi! congrats and good luck!!!!!

Strike, nice to see you girl! Have fun with your babies.

Vz- sounds like you are keeping busy. Sometimes things happen just so you can get some quality ME time!

Apples, I haven't tried the seven for mankind yet but will.

Lucy- I hope you had an enjoyable dinner with your dad.

Long, I was on the thread to see what erosion really was and it definetly wasn't what i thought it was. I unfortunately got involved in a conversation I shouldn't have and boy did I learn my lesson. I just was pissed because I thought the doctor was really nice and informative to post in a thread and he got slammed for it. It made me mad and I impulsively posted when I was mad. LOL. I realized I am so pro band that when people aren't it makes me mad. It kind of felt like someone picking on my kids LOL. I took it personally and I shouldn't have. I am staying out of that thread from now on. lol. Just because it has done so much for me doesn't mean that it is the right choice for everyone. :crying: God sure gave me a kick in the pants for that one.

I hope everyone has a great Monday!

Allie...I think we are talking about the same Seven jeans...they are a tad expensive but soooooo nice. There are Seven/7 jeans also that are less expensive but fit nice.

Trying to stir up trouble in another thread, Allie??????? (Just kidding). I get very passionate about my band also. In real life I seem to be defending it daily. People make the some of the oddest and rudest comments. Very opinionated and sometimes quite stupid. I just burns me. I try to stay out of threads like that. I just sit here and lurk with my foot inserted. Nothing wrong with saying what you feel and defending yourself though.

Allie...I think we are talking about the same Seven jeans...they are a tad expensive but soooooo nice. There are Seven/7 jeans also that are less expensive but fit nice.

Trying to stir up trouble in another thread, Allie??????? (Just kidding). I get very passionate about my band also. In real life I seem to be defending it daily. People make the some of the oddest and rudest comments. Very opinionated and sometimes quite stupid. I just burns me. I try to stay out of threads like that. I just sit here and lurk with my foot inserted. Nothing wrong with saying what you feel and defending yourself though.

Thanks Apples :crying: I really felt terrible for letting my anger get the best of me. I usually don't let that happen. This was really the first time I have had to deal with someone so obviously anti band and I admittedly didn't handle it well. I am sticking to this thread and the share ideas what you eat thread. Nice and safe. LOL.. I woke up this morning thinking I should cancel my account, if I can't respond appropriately I shouldn't be on here. Hubby said " that support group means to much to you" and he was right. So I am still here. :laugh:

Thanks Apples :crying: I really felt terrible for letting my anger get the best of me. I usually don't let that happen. This was really the first time I have had to deal with someone so obviously anti band and I admittedly didn't handle it well. I am sticking to this thread and the share ideas what you eat thread. Nice and safe. LOL.. I woke up this morning thinking I should cancel my account, if I can't respond appropriately I shouldn't be on here. Hubby said " that support group means to much to you" and he was right. So I am still here. :laugh:

Allie...don't beat yourself up. I went and read the discussion between you and Wasa. Yes, she is very pro-sleeve but most who discuss on the sleeve or complications threads have had MAJOR troubles. I guess I peak into complications threads once in awhile....you never know what can happen with the band and good to have that knowledge in case something does. I've been very lucky and have only been stuck a couple of times and it was totally my own fault (nervous when eating and ate fast). Wasa is actuallly full of knowledge and very helpful to most that are having problems.

Try to blow it all off and not feel bad about your discussion with Wasa. You could talk to her tomorrow on another thread and she would be there to help you out and give you advice. We've all been in a situation like that. Things get heated up and things are said. Been there done that!

Hi all! I was on vacation the latter part of last week. We went camping in a state park and the hiking was great. I am so glad I could do it this time. For some time now, I have stayed at the campsite while the others go bike riding or hiking. No more! I am back and love joining in the fun. I still have not bought clothes. I kept my old stuff and am just bringing it out of trunks. I can now fit into all of my suits for work but if I keep losing I will have to shop as these are my smallest clothes. I need a fill but am not in a hurry. I was a little tight last time and I think I was not losing for a while but have lost some recently. I am like Strike with that - I lose track watching the scale jump around. I also keep forgetting to weigh and then by the time I remember to get on the scale, I can't remember what I weighed the last time! My company changed insurance policies and this is no longer covered so I have to pay cash for fills now. My doctor will charge $300 or I could go to FillCenterUSA for $150. I am leaning toward sticking with my doctor for now as I am so comfortable with them and really like the staff. Going to strangers now is a scary thought but I probably will do it at some point.

Hunzi- I am so glad you are getting a second chance. This time is bound to work out for you. Good thoughts are coming your way - keep us posted.

Allie, don't you dare go anywhere over a debate with one person. A while back a similar thing happened to me and I almost did the same thing and say forget it, it's not worth it. But you know those folks are rare and for the most part folks here are very supportive. To think of all the support I'd have missed had I just deleted my account and left. Let your success speak for itself and let the naysayers be. I realize folks have had problems with the band and those need to be addressed, but this is afterall a band board too for the most part, I realize there are areas for other surgeries now.

Well I lost about 6 lbs this morning. I was so upset to be up 4 and then the stomach flu hit (I know TMI) but there has to be a bright side. I am so down and out today. I've not been this sick for years. I was so worried about slipping my band or something the way I was retching this morning. I pray all is well. Time to go lie back down.

Well phoooey!

I guess I picked up a stomach bug this weekend at my career conference, and I woke up to the joys of tossing my Cookies this morning. So my surgery date is bumping a week til next Tuesday, the 31st. Better safe than sorry.

Waaaa! Is someone trying to tell me something???? ;-)

Always ;-)

Hunzi

ok, pity party over

Lucy,

Just love your clients and give them rock star customer service! Make it fun! I have customers all over the country.

This is an awesome time for my business, I hope it is for yours too!

Always ;-)

Hunzi

Hey thanks Hunzi. Sorry about the bug, that really stinks!

Hey Brown Bear....here is what I do. I weigh in once a week. Thursday is my day for some reason. Anyway, I write down my wight on a calandar in the bathroom right after I weigh. This works so well for me and it will give me a weightloss diary.

Hey Allie and anyone who is interested...I finally was able to get my pampered chef website it is:

www.pamperedchef.biz/lucywilliams

I sure hope it is okay to post that here:blush:

Lucy

Allie, don't you dare go anywhere over a debate with one person. A while back a similar thing happened to me and I almost did the same thing and say forget it, it's not worth it. But you know those folks are rare and for the most part folks here are very supportive. To think of all the support I'd have missed had I just deleted my account and left. Let your success speak for itself and let the naysayers be. I realize folks have had problems with the band and those need to be addressed, but this is afterall a band board too for the most part, I realize there are areas for other surgeries now.

Well I lost about 6 lbs this morning. I was so upset to be up 4 and then the stomach flu hit (I know TMI) but there has to be a bright side. I am so down and out today. I've not been this sick for years. I was so worried about slipping my band or something the way I was retching this morning. I pray all is well. Time to go lie back down.

Ohh Long I hope you are feeling better! It sucks you and Hunzi are sick! I had the vomiting about a month ago and I was worried about a slippage as well but it was fine. I hope you are both ok.

Lucy.. thanks girl. I will check it out!

Hunzi, sorry your surgery got delayed. I feel your pain with the stomach bug! I promise I didn't breathe on the computer screen! LOL am a little better tonight but not sure about work tomorrow yet.

Hi everyone,

Well things have not been so great in my world. I had a fill from hell, then some taken out, then all of it taken out. Right now its just an empty band and i. It has been about 2 weeks since all of this started. And somethign is just not right with me. I dont' think its the band, but their for awhile i was having episodes like hypoglycemia?? It really freaked me out, i had all the fill removed and have just been resting and reseting myself. Thankfully after the fill was removed the episodes stopped. I have developed the awful reflux though from the fill that was to tight, but my doc put me on Prilosec and it seem to be better. Im hoping now with no fill it will stop completely plus with the help of the prilosec. It has been awful not feeling good, and im hoping that soon i will be back to my old self. I think i might have a thyroid issue, its been 2 weeks and im still waiting on the dang results(base clinic in Germany sucks) My hands and feet get freaking cold off and on through out the day, its freaking me out LOL. But im still diggin my band, just waiting till i can feel like my old self.