Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

aww lucy..I'm sorry sweets.. I hope your evening got better. I hate that you were crying on your birthday! :w00t:

Long.. I keep praying about what to do and I am hoping God answers me soon before I freak out on her lol

Lucy I want you to know that we are here for you girl! xoxox

Thanks Allie, yes my evening got better.

I had a pampered chef party and it went great. Then on the way home I talked to my 2 year old and she sang happy birthday on the phone and was excited because she helped daddy make me a cake. My four year old was with me.

When I walked in she came running and hugging me and saying Happy Birthday and led me toward the cake. Oh girls....she was so proud of herself and just beaming!!! That made my night. Of course she wanted to eat cake so I had a couple of bites with her. It was so nice and special. Oh, and her and my dh made me a card and she scribbled her name on it. She is my sweetie, and my 4 year old is my serious one.

Isn't funny how siblings can be so different.

Hope everyone else is doing well and having a good day.

Love,

lucy

Allie you are a better woman then I am... If a 21 year old man were doing anything with my 16 year old daughter I'd have his butt in jail!!!! Naturally I am assuming that things would have gone that far. Working at Juvie has OPENED my eyes to what teenagers really do :0

What a crazy ordeal we had here last night. DH was carjacked at gunpoint! Just as they carjackers got him out of his car with a gun to his head some off duty officers just happened upon the scene and ordered DH to the ground and started firing at the bad guys. One was killed not sure about the other. I don't feel the officers was a coincidence but God's provision and protection for DH and am feeling truly blessed today to have DH home and all in one piece. Our car still has police tape on it and you can see where they dusted for finger prints. This is on top of the added stress of my parents visit, Grandma moving and me getting sick wtih a chest cold/cough. I am just exhausted and have plans for a good nights sleep tonight. On the bright side, I have lost 7 lbs in the past 8 days! Ever since my tweak of a fill last week I've lost a pound a day everyday but one. I am just thrilled after my month of not losing and am 113 lbs down now! I will be back checking in more regularly after Tues. next week when life returns to normal (I think).

OMG!!! Long!!

Thank God he is okay. That would be so scarry. How is your DH doing. I'm sure he is pretty shook up. Wow! I do believe that things happen for a reason. Thank the Lord that he had angels with him that night.

Hey, great job on the weight loss that is awesome.

Goodness...I'll be praying for peace in your families life.

lucy

Hey guys! It's been a while and I'm trying to catch up on posts. Lucy, I'm so glad your bday ended up well. You did a show on your b-day?!?! You are a better girl than me :) Long, OMG, I'm so thankful that your husband is okay. God truly does show up in our life in times when we really need him. Allie, good luck with your daughter...I don't have kids, so I'm not sure I can give much advice/help. I'll just send prayers your way!

I'm doing so much better tonight than I was a week ago. I started back on solids yesterday and things are going down fine. It's weird to have no restriction. I'm still trying to only eat 1/4c servings, but they don't in any way fill me. My doctor told me to call the end of this coming week to get a fill as he wanted me to wait about three weeks before they started putting Fluid back in my band. I just relized, that would have me getting filled, like 2 days before I leave for a trip I earned to Miami Beach, FL. So, it's going to be like a month with no restriction. I just wonder how quickly they'll get me back to where I was. He said they'd could do a fill every 2-3 weeks to get me back where I need to be. My fills are covered for a year and as hard to believe as it is, that's through June 17th. He wanted me as close to perfect by then as we could be. Guess we'll just have to play it by ear. Ok, gotta go to bed. I'm going outlet shopping tomorrow and I can't wait. I so love being able to go into any store and try on clothes...it's something so many people take for granted. Night Junies :)

Long.. wow girl what a miracle your dh made it through! You must be hugging him extra tight this weekend! God was definetly looking out for him! That is something that could live a lasting mark.

I am so glad he is ok. My thoughts and prayers are with you and hope that he is doing ok emotionally.

Have a great night Junies. I haven't weighed in since I was feeling "heavy" lol.. I will weigh in tomorrow though!

Long.. wow girl what a miracle your dh made it through! You must be hugging him extra tight this weekend! God was definetly looking out for him! That is something that could live a lasting mark.

I am so glad he is ok. My thoughts and prayers are with you and hope that he is doing ok emotionally.

Have a great night Junies. I haven't weighed in since I was feeling "heavy" lol.. I will weigh in tomorrow though!

I was wondering how your weigh in went on Friday. Hopefully your feeling heavy meter was off and you actually lost. Post when you know! Just think you may be less than 20 lbs to goal! I know I've asked before but I forgot. What did you choose as your goal? How did you pick it?? 169 gives me (I think us as I think I remember you as being 5'9) a normal BMI, but my surgeon said he'd also be happy with anything under 180. So I either have 13 or 23 lbs to go.

Good Morning Junies-

Long.. I did weigh in and now have officially lost 115.5 pounds! Which means I am 189.5! My goal right now is 170 but I definetly will go past that. I guess now I am shooting for like 150-160. I am 5' 9" and am so excited about where I am at but really want to end up probably around 150 after I get my lower body lift and new girls. I want to lose as much weight as possible before I get the plastic surgery so I get the best results possible. I can't believe that it has almost been 9 months (in four days). What a blessing this has been! I am still excercizing like crazy and really can feel my muscles now! My legs and arms are really looking so much toner! I was really worried about my arms and that was one surgery I will not get so have worked hard on my "bat wings" which aren't that bad, I think the scars are terrible from the arm surgery and would hide them so why get it? But I definetly have noticed since working out they are shrinking!!! I am trying not to weigh very often since hubby says muscle weighs more than fat and my clothes are really telling me that I am doing great. I can no longer where any of my 14's they are way to big :) I am so excited about that! I haven't tried 10's yet, I don't want to be disappointed but I will soon!

Have a great day Junies!

Allie,

So we are very similar. I'm at 192.4, I want to hit 169 as that means a normal BMI but hope to get to 160ish. I can't believe how close it is. I don't expect these size 10's to fit when i go try them on or get them, but I want them at home to keep checking to see if they fit. I like having something to work into. Congrats on the loss!! I don't know that I will go the surgery route, I've not heard of surgery for your calves. LOL They bother me the most for some dumb reason. My arms are okay, a little flab but looking more and more toned all the time. My girls hang a little low as does my butt, but I'm a big chicken and a cheapskate to get the surgery I think. At least that is as of now, who knows as I get closer and closer I am not so opposed to it as I was! LOL

Long, you are too funny.. calf surgery..lol. I have alot of stretch marks on my tummy from my pregnancies. My oldest daughter was 10 pounds at birth! LOL. So I have to get at least the Tummy Tuck but since I am doing a tummy tuck I might was well get a lower body lift which will take care of my thighs, butt, tummy, back and mons. Since all that was going to get done I don't want un perky girls.lol. My hubby is going for a new job which will DOUBLE yes I said double his pay and if he gets that then #1 both girls college will be no problem and #2 plastic surgery no problem and #3 I can either quit my job or go very part time. So cross your fingers! I hope you guys have a great day and Long, good luck getting into your 10's! I really haven't focused on my BMI since I have been so focused on my weight.

Have a great night sweet Junies!

Allie, good luck to your hubby and getting that job. When will he know? What does he do?

Luckily my tummy isn't that bad. Sure it isn't tight like it was in my 20's and after the weight loss and 2 pregnacies but even at my pre op appt, my surgeon commented on my small abdomen area and said I wouldn't have much of a skin problem there. I carried most of my weight in my butt and legs. A lower body lift would definitely help, we'll see.

hey there good morning junies..

thanks lucy!

Long, he was in the navy for 23 years and retired last year. Right now he is an Enviornmental Health and Safety Engineer and is going for a different Engineer postion, I am not sure exactly what but it's at a power plant.. lol.

I am super sore today from the gym, my hubby keeps telling me it lets me know I'm alive.. Really? I need pain to know I'm alive? LOL..

Allie - I also can relate to the daughter issues. I agree with you regarding forbidding her to see someone. The bright side is that she will learn from this and choose better next time. I believe the only thing you can do is keep communication open with her and hopefully remind her of the values you have instilled in her and help her (gently) to see the problems with this guy. I never thought I was getting anywhere with my daughter until the relationships were over but then I would find that she actually was listening the whole time. Yes, relationship was plural - she is a slow learner in this regard. Low self esteem caused her to take whatever came along until she ended up single and pregnant at 20. Her current boyfriend is a good guy that we really like. He is 35 and she is 22. She has always had older friends and I have no problem with the age difference because he is a good person and treats her very well. Age was more of a concern when she was 16 dating a 23 YO, though. Hang in there!