Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Happy Birthday tomorrow Allie!! You young thing!! I too had my birthday near banding. I began thinking of the band the end of April, went to my seminar then. My consult appt with the surgeon was the 14th of May and I turned 50 on the 17th, had surgery June 5th. I hope to ring in 51 at goal as well. I have 2 1/2 mos to lose 20 to 30 lbs not sure if that's possible or now with how much my losses have slowed down. But I do know I will ring in my birthday feeling much better than I did last year!

Allie........posting your happy birthday tonight just in case I miss you tomorrow. HAVE THE BEST BDAY EVER!!!!!!! You have accomplished sooooo much and should be very proud of yourself. Such a young chick. I remember 39 very well....DH threw me a HUGE 40th bday party. Yep...a year early and not one person questioned it. About 150 people were there and I wasn't even 40!

Treat yourself to something nice for your bday! Loves, Karen

Thanks Long and Apples..

Apples, I was drinking when I read your post and spewed it everywhere! That was the funniest thing ever! Golly he must have felt silly.. did you tell him during the party or after.. Gosh that had to be hilarious. If my honey did that I would have peed my pants from laughing!! So everyone thinks you are a year older than you really are.. :thumbup: thanks for the support guys! xoxo

Thanks Long and Apples..

Apples, I was drinking when I read your post and spewed it everywhere! That was the funniest thing ever! Golly he must have felt silly.. did you tell him during the party or after.. Gosh that had to be hilarious. If my honey did that I would have peed my pants from laughing!! So everyone thinks you are a year older than you really are.. :thumbup: thanks for the support guys! xoxo

Didn't have the heart to tell DH until after we got home the night of the party. He put soooooo much work into it with food and drinks and karoke, etc. My honey is the best and does pay sooooooo much attention to me (when he isn't farming...then I'm on my own for 9 months). He always has the sweetest gifts and has never forgotten a holiday gift, bday, anniv. or anything. I'm pretty lucky.

You just have a great day tomorrow. You only turn 39 once (or are you going to be one of those that use the same number for a few years?)

Hey Apples, that was funny and sweet also :thumbup:

Allie, your post about your life changing from one birthday to the next was touching and insightful. I am so happy for you and want to say God Bless you and I wish you the best birthday ever. Put on something that makes you feel beautiful and a little sexy and go out and celebrate...you deserve it.

I'm not sure about the pampered chef order, but I'll ask my director. Thank you for thinking of me :tt2:

Well, I have had two people in the last two days comment on how good I was looking and of course wanted to know what I was doing. I told them I had lap-band surgery. I don't try to keep it a secret. But I have this weird thing I do, and I don't know why I do it. When I tell someone I had lap-band surgery I take my finger and do a swirly motion infront of my tummy. I know, weird. It's like when I say "lap-band" I have to make the hand motion to give them a visual. I really need to stop that!!!!

Well, my weigh in day is Thursday, so I'm going to bed now, so I can get up and weigh. I'm giving myself good thoughts right now. I'll let you all know!!!!!!!!

Good night,

lucy

Lucy...fingers are crossed for you that the scale is where you want it to be in the morning.

I think it's cute that you do the little circle thing on your tummy. Maybe it will catch on with all of us other bandsters? Maybe you've started a quirky trend?????????

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALLIE!!! Have a wonderful day and go out and have some fun in that new beautiful body. That has got to be the greatest gift to yourself. Wow 39, that seems so long ago for me. I'll be 48 next month.

Apples ~ Your 40th party sounds just like something my husband would do, hilarious!

Lucy ~ Good luck on the scale this morning. I did my weekly weigh in this morning and the scale finally moved...lost 3 pounds! woo-hoo! So happy after it being stuck for so long.

Everyone have a great day! We are having a heat wave here today, high of 40 so maybe I'll get outside and walk today and get some fresh air.

Hi Everyone:

Sorry It has been so long since I have posted. I have read some of the thread, but not all. I have been busy! I decided to do my part for the economy and put some people to work. :thumbup:! I am redoing my kitchen! I had it completely gutted and starting from scratch! They have been at it for 2 weeks now and it is coming along good! It will be so nice!

Allie: I went to Sears and ordered a convection oven with a warming drawer and a solid surface cook top! I am also going to get a french door refrigerator and granite counter tops! I am so excited! OH and happy birthday to you!

I had my 60th birthday last week!!!!! :thumbup: I cannot believe it! :) The kitchen is to Celebrate that milestone! :tt2: I am very happy to have this birthday! I say I am like fine wine! I get better with age! I would have enjoyed being at goal on this birthday, but I figure I can reach it when my little body is ready! I am only 5'1" and wear a size 6.5 shoe. I am down in some sized 12 Petite clothes so I am happy!

Congrats to Long on reaching onederland! You have done awesome!

Apples, glad to hear you are back home, but I know you enjoyed your trip! You seem to have such an interesting life!

Allie, you are just a little social butterfly too! And all the contest you win! You have a lucky charm!

Addy, Lucy and Armywife You all seem to be doing great! And it is so good to have everyone posting!

Strike! You must be part nomad! You have moved so much! Sometimes I daydream of packing up and just moving to a whole new place and re-create my life! Since I am single I guess I could, now that my kids are grown, but I would miss the grandbabies!

Livin! hope all is well and thanks for checking on me!

Snuffy! where are you?

Huntz: Hope you are well and will get your surgery soon!

There are a bunch of junebugs that haven't checked in for awhile! We would love to hear from you!

Gotta go! I still have a class full of students!

Later

Allie, hope you are having a great birthday!

Cathy, happy belated birthday to you. the new kitchen sounds wonderful.

My internet was down all day yesterday so didnt' get on much, it would come up for a few minutes only to go back out.

I am going to Texas De Brazil for dinner tonight, it's a Brazilian Grill type place where the guys in gauchos bring you all this meat on sticks and you can choose what you want and is all you can eat. They have a gianormous salad bar too but my plan is to stay away from that so I don't fill up before the filet mignon comes around! It's Denver restaurant week and all these restaurants in town have dinner specials for 2 people do dine for $52.80 (for mile high 5280 feet) and you get appetizers, dinner and dessert. they started this about 3 years ago and it's a huge hit, most restaurants are sold out well before the restaurant week even hits. We could only get reservations for 5pm tonight. This place is normally $42 for one person. So am anxious to go, but this is my first buffet post banding. But it's not your typical buffet. I will for sure get my protein!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DEAR ALLIE

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!!!!

Hey Girls....how's it goin'

Nice to hear from you, Cathy. Yep...my life is interesting and I feel very fortunate to be me. Good goin' on the new kitchen. I did mine a few years ago and am thankful every day for it. Hopefully things will fall into place and you'll be done with the remodel in no time!

Long...have fun...sounds like a fun place to go eat. I haven't done a buffet since banding but yours sounds great if you can get the meat you want. I'm so picky about my meat.

Storming here today. Supposed to get 10-11 inches by 6pm. Being stormed in allowed me to do some baking and get ready for the company we will have this weekend. Now I'd better hit the bookwork so I can have tomorrow off. Bye for now!

Hey Allie, hope you are having a wonderful birthday. I can just about bet on it that you are!!

Apples, hope you don't get washed away or blow away, you know you don't have much to anchor you down anymore.

Long, we have a restuarant something like that here. I think it is called gouchos, or something like that. My dh has talked about it before and all the meat that you get. Our 12 year anniversary is this weekend and I told him he could pick out where we go, since I can only eat a few bites at a time :)

VZ glad the scale moved for you, 3 pounds is great. I know you felt great seeing that number.

Happy belated birthday Cathy!

Drumroll please.............194!!! Yes, my scale read 194 this morning. I'm so happy. It is now at the point, that people are really starting to notice when I lose weight.

I had to tell my friend/coworker across the hall about the swirly thing I do with my finger and we had a good long laugh!

Hope everyone is well.

VZ...congrats on the scale moving...fingers are crossed for you that it stays on the move!

Lucy...WHOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good job and Happy Anniversary!

Nope won't wash away. Snow storm warnings were moved up till 9pm. DS lives 15 miles from us and is taking off (done working for the day) to go home. 27 and won't stay the night. (I'm just the mom).

Happy Birthday Allie!!!

I hope you had a great one.

Hi all, Haven't been able to get on much, trying to study. I am working towards my BSN, I still ask myself why???

Lucy - WOW!!! yeah!!

Cathy - so glad to hear from you, to true, no way you look 60, happy belated birthday.

I went to the dr. Tues. and I weighed the same on his scale as mine, SO, I am claiming ONDERLAND!!!!!!!!!!! I weighed 198.5 :rolleyes: I smiled all day :lol: :tt2: My bp was still at 112/78 perfect for me, which he was very happy. I told him that that was the first time in years, that he had not told me to try and get off some of the weight. We both just laughed, and he told me to keep up the good work :)

I loved the "40" birthday party story, how sweet. I would probably pass out, if my husband even remembered how old I was, let alone give me a party LOL!

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend, I have got to go read about the "Boston Tea Party" woo hoo :)

addy

Edited by addy
didn't finish typing

Good Friday Morning Junies!

Thank you everyone for your wonderful birthday wishes! I had a great time! My hubby took the day off from work and brought me 3 dozen roses at work and took me out to lunch. Then when I got home my kids and hubby were all standing at the door singing happy birthday.. we went to dinner then he took me shopping at ann taylor and nine and company. It was sooo fun! Both stores had these huges sales. Nine & co. had racks and racks of stuff all marked down to 7.99 each. I bought tons! I even got a black suit! Then at Ann Taylor they had a even bigger sale! All there stuff was from 2.88-9.99 I bought so much stuff! I am wearing one of my new outfits today! It was sooo great. I got all size 12 pants and L shirts and I feel so fabulous! LOL.. I had so many clothes to try on and I was doing a fashion show for my hubby and the kids. They did number ranking on the clothes 1 they hated it 10 it was fabulous! It was a lot of fun.

Lucy.. you are the sweetest thing! I am so excited for you and I think it is so hilarious you do the swirly thing. I have this really bad habit whenever someone says wow you've lost so much weight! I always say "I had lapband" it's like I can't just say thank you. I tell EVERYONE. It's crazy! LOL.

Cathy, Happy belated Birthday! Congrats on the new kitchen!

Addy, woo hoo keep up the good work.

Long, jeez I forgot what I was going to say.. I had a list in my head and can't go back and see what you posted.. eek.. but thanks for all your support you rock sister friend!

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!!!!!!!!

Jeez I am losing my mind.. there was someone's anniversary and I can't remember if it was lucy or addy??/ Happy Anniversary! I hit 39 and now I am losing my memory.. uggh..