Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi fellow June Bugs,

Finally, I woke up this morning, did my normal morning routine and hopped on the scale to see I finally lost that damn pound that kept me out of the 80 pound loss. Sheesh, it felt like that took forever. Its amazing how that one pound can make your whole day and get you motivated again. I generally lose in a cycle, two weeks losing, two weeks not! Hopefully, I'm back in the two weeks losing again!

All right, Katies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let the new cycle begin!!!!!:tounge_smile:

WooHOo!! I hit 91 lbs lost last Thurs. only to regain a pound this weekend, but the ticker stays! Since that day I've had some event or another every day. A brunch on Thurs., a party on Fri, Sat. and my sister's Christmas tonight. I've had a few 'extras'. Also I find I do great when I go out to eat at restaurants etc. but not so good when I go to potluck type events. There's never much there that I can eat. The brunch almost everything had bread in it, I didnt' bring anything thinking there'd at least be eggs. I did take some chicken salad out of a sandwich and had that but didn't care for it and left hungry. The 2 parties I ended up eating things like Cookies. LOL Not good! Tonight I know my sister is having crab so I should be good there. I am normally not a sweets eater but I am finding myself being way too tempted by them this year. But alas, in years past I'd have gained 10 lbs by now since Thanksgiving, instead this year I am down at least half that since Thanksgiving. I will cut myself some slack through the holidays, keep up the exercise and then go strong til goal after that. I set myself a mini goal of hitting 100 by Valentines day, that's 9 lbs in a month and a half. Should be doable, I seem to average about 5 to 7 lbs a month now.

Allie, sorry about the loss of your uncle, sounds like a sad situation.

Strike, you've made me want to go to Victorias and get a good proper fitting bra. I have mixed feelings though after years of not being able to get something there I'd love to walk in and know things fit me, on the ohter hand, when I have been in the store at my heaviest with my daughter etc. they act like 'what are you doing here' and hate to spend money there after their attitude. But I am sure I'll go there.

Gina, beautiful picture!

Katies, congrats on the loss, here's hoping you are in your 2 week losing phase!

Chatty, how were the parties? did you handle your's better than I did mine?

Long, the biggest sizes I know of that they have at VS is 38D. I am in 38C now and before I couldnt fit in anything they had! Maybe you will find a nice sales lady there this time. I always look for an older person but seems like they like to hire tiny little young things! Hope you can overlook any bad service and just find something that will make you feel good about yourself.

I have been busy doing my yearly cookie baking. Being pretty good about not eating all I bake but I do have to taste a bit as I go. Its all going to go away, to neighbors, coworkers and my family when I see them. The trick is to get them wrapped and out of sight before I get tempted.

merry christmas junies.. I'm on my way to virginia. I am using my blackberry to check in. I amazingly enough hit 94.5 pounds lost. I am really excited. I can't update ticker with this thing though. my hubby and kids really spoiled me this year!! may god bless you all!!!

I hope all the Junies had a Merry Christmas. I know I did. I had a little struggle with all the goodies. I am up a few pounds but am not counting them yet. I hope they come off as easy as they came on, I know some is Water retention, but probably not all.

I got spoiled as well. I got a new pair of Gap jeans in a 14, they are snug now but will fit soon, I got $75 in Ann Taylor gift cards, a $100 Visa gift card and $200 cash all for wardrobe shopping. I spent $25 at Ann Taylor today on a sweater, the other gift card which was $50 they showed as a zero balance so need to get the receipt to get that rectified, but will save it for spring (will rectify the gift card before then though). I also got a leather jacket today at Penney's. They were marked from $225 to $49.99 until 1pm only. Then at checkout she gave me a coupon for $10 more off. what a deal!! I am sortta set right now for clothes so am hanging on to the rest of the money for some springy clothes in a few months I think.

I am a little disgusted with myself for falling of the wagon so hard the past couple of days. It scared me how easy it is to go back to old eating habits and to eat the junk food which all seems to slide right down no problem. I just grazed for 2 days it seems, no set meals and such small amounts at a time, i never felt full. Definitely ate around the band. But no more.

alie, congrats on the 94 lbs!!

Long, the biggest sizes I know of that they have at VS is 38D. I am in 38C now and before I couldnt fit in anything they had! Maybe you will find a nice sales lady there this time. I always look for an older person but seems like they like to hire tiny little young things! Hope you can overlook any bad service and just find something that will make you feel good about yourself.

I have been busy doing my yearly cookie baking. Being pretty good about not eating all I bake but I do have to taste a bit as I go. Its all going to go away, to neighbors, coworkers and my family when I see them. The trick is to get them wrapped and out of sight before I get tempted.

Hey Strike, I just had to post and tell you that I did find a nice sales person at Victoria's. I even got fitted. I am a 38 D now (was a 42DD) so that is cool! That's what I guessed and measured myself as so guess I knew what I was doing. Anyway I found one of those Ipex bras on the sale table in their 'semi annual sale' and I got one! Nice!! At first I wasn't so sure as I've never gotten anything with any kind of padding, thinkin I was big enough already. I may try another Victorias closer to my house and see if they have any on their sale tables as well. So thanks for mentioning it!

Hey Strike, I just had to post and tell you that I did find a nice sales person at Victoria's. I even got fitted. I am a 38 D now (was a 42DD) so that is cool! That's what I guessed and measured myself as so guess I knew what I was doing. Anyway I found one of those Ipex bras on the sale table in their 'semi annual sale' and I got one! Nice!! At first I wasn't so sure as I've never gotten anything with any kind of padding, thinkin I was big enough already. I may try another Victorias closer to my house and see if they have any on their sale tables as well. So thanks for mentioning it!

Speaking of bras...After reaching goal decided that I would treat myself to a Geiger red boiled wool coat. The only place to get one within a 100 miles was this high-end store in the mall quite a few miles away. Well, loved the coat and decided to buy it. But, also got talked into two bras. Tried on the Spanx bras but not enough support. Sales lady went and got me what she called "the best and most comfortable bra made". Heck, ended up buying two of them after trying. I would usually never spend $79 on a bra but these things are like wearing nothing and they support and have some padding (which I have never worn padding b/4). The brand name is: Mysterey Rouge. I know I am hooked and will most likely be my bra of choice for life. I have never owned a VS bra...just never had them to fit me. I think I will try and Ipex the next time I am in a mall that has their store. Just for the fun of it and to see what you girls are so excited about! LOL

We have a full blown blizzard again today. Cancellations all over the place. I AM A PRISONER IN MY OWN HOME!!!!!!!!!!:)

Long, Apples, Isn't it great to have the ol girls perk up again! Even after I got mine surgically lifted and reduced 5 years ago, they are starting to go south again. Not nearly as bad, but wow, that bra really puts em back up here! People at work probably think its strange that one day the girls are real perky and other days when I wear my other bras, they seem to disappear!:wink2: So glad you found one on sale, Long! They are sure not cheap. Wish I could take some time off work to go for some after Christmas sales. But then, I hate to put out that much for a bra that hopefully will be too big!I am holding steady thruout the holidays...but will sure be glad when new years is over and we can get back to normal. I need to buckle down and drink more Water and start paying more attention to what I am eating. Hope you all had a great Christmas and will have a good new year.

Hey Strike...how ya doin? Yep..love to have my girls in place and looking straight out instead of at the floor!

Congrats on holding steady with your weight over the holidays. I hear ya on just wanting things back to normal again. I will be going to NYE overnight party tomorrow afternoon and taking all the candy, Cookies, Snacks, etc. and they will not be coming home with me. Even though I am trying to gain a few #'s back...I just don't like the feeling I get when I eat junk.

You all have a safe, but fun, New Years Eve. I'll do a little private toast to all my LBT friends! Wishing you everything you wish for in 2009. I also wish you health, happiness and continued friendships.

You all have a safe, but fun, New Years Eve. I'll do a little private toast to all my LBT friends! Wishing you everything you wish for in 2009. I also wish you health, happiness and continued friendships.

And the same to you too!!

Isn't it wonderful to be facing this New Year's without making that same resolution to lose 100 lbs? I mean I do still have weight to lose, but it won't be 100 lbs more like 40 or so and it won't be like 'to begin a healthy lifestyle' or 'to get serious about losing weight'. Instead it would be more on line with 'to continue what I've started'. So refreshing!

And the same to you too!!

Isn't it wonderful to be facing this New Year's without making that same resolution to lose 100 lbs? I mean I do still have weight to lose, but it won't be 100 lbs more like 40 or so and it won't be like 'to begin a healthy lifestyle' or 'to get serious about losing weight'. Instead it would be more on line with 'to continue what I've started'. So refreshing!

You're almost there, Long....you should hit your goal within the next 6 months with the rate that you are going. ANN TAYLOR....HERE SHE COMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:wink2:

Happy New Years Eve Junies! Well I finally have computer access. We were in the boonies until last night..lol.. We are still in Virginia but at a friends house near Williamsburg. No one here has a friggin scale so I am having major withdrawals! I am hoping I haven't gained. It doesn't feel like it and I have tried to be really good. We are heading to the mall to get "outfits" for tonight. We are going to a party and I am pretty excited. I am glad everyone is doing well! Happy New Years all you Junies.. what a great thought long not having to start this year with the resolution to lose 100+ pounds.. Oh and long I also went to penny's and got the leather jacket on saturday! I was so excited the xl fit me and I got the one that zipped. I feel pretty hot in it..lol xoxo

Happy New Year!:cool2:

I pray all you beautiful and handsome June Bugs will have a healthy and happy year to come!:w00t:

One thing is certain! We will all be smaller! and much healthier and happier!:)

I am honored to know you all and look forward to our journey as it continues!:wink2:

Love you all!:)

Cathy

Happy New Years Eve Junies! Well I finally have computer access. We were in the boonies until last night..lol.. We are still in Virginia but at a friends house near Williamsburg. No one here has a friggin scale so I am having major withdrawals! I am hoping I haven't gained. It doesn't feel like it and I have tried to be really good. We are heading to the mall to get "outfits" for tonight. We are going to a party and I am pretty excited. I am glad everyone is doing well! Happy New Years all you Junies.. what a great thought long not having to start this year with the resolution to lose 100+ pounds.. Oh and long I also went to penny's and got the leather jacket on saturday! I was so excited the xl fit me and I got the one that zipped. I feel pretty hot in it..lol xoxo

That's the one I got! I swear you are my much younger twin! I got the XL too. Really wanted the L but then realized i was getting too hung up on sizes and the XL was just more comfortable and longer in the arms. I think I've worn it every day since!

My party tonight just got cancelled, so now I have no plans so might go get some lobster and ring in the New Year nice and quiet at home.