Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Congrats Long! Just think of all the new clothes you can buy with that money!

Also thanks for the job prayers. They were supposed to call today. I hate waiting! Of course I'm thinking negatively since I did not get a call. Did work out some of my stress on the treadmill for an hour today, which felt really good.

Just got back from doing some Christmas shopping, actually my first attempt out at the stores. I've done most of my shopping on-line. Was planning on staying out longer, but getting hit with a snow storm right now and the roads are awful.

Have a good evening.

WOOOOOOO HOOOOOO LONG!!!!!!!!!

I am sooo excited for you!!! Way to goooo.. I hope you do something fun with your winnings.. make it memorable!!!! xoxox

Way to go, Long!!!What a high to know that you beat out everyone else. All that hard work payed off for you. Happy shopping with all those winnings, just in time for christmas. I will email you my list....hehe.

Good Job!

Today is my six month bandiversary. Best thing I ever did. There REALLY is a light at the end of that perpetual tunnel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks gals! I still don't have my check, the gal that would give it to me was out ill today. But now I am hearing rumors of they don't know how much as if it's a certain amount they have to withhold taxes. HMMMM Hope there's nothing fishy going on.

Today was my volunteer day at the hospital. I visited about 3 folks that had lap band surgeries and helped out in a post op nutrition class of folks only 1 week out. They came today instead of 2 weeks like normal because of Christmas eve next week.

Found out today not only are my Vitamin B1 levels low, so are my B12. I have to take some supplements and get rechecked in 3 mos. I've been so tired, and she did say fatigue was a symptom. Hope it corrects itself soon.

congrats apples on 6 months!

Long.. Sorry to hear about your Vitamin deficiency.. My doc doesnt' do any blood work for banders so it makes me wonder.. hmm..

Today I am off to be a little elf.. I have been making tons and tons of christmas Cookies and today is delivery day. I have to deliver to customers and friends all day! I have been doing this for about 5 years now and I just love it. I would wait till the weekend but tomorrow it is supposed to snow 6-12 inches then snow again on sunday.. so it looks like today is the day.

I hope everyone has a glorious day!!! xoxo

Thanks for the congrats, Allie.

Hope your numbers come back to normal soon, Long. It can be a worry. I had a bone scan a couple of weeks ago and my numbers were a little alarming. Need to start a program of some sort. Thinking it might be Flomax. It's funny how once we start on this road to healthiness, we pay so much more attention to our health. I just want to be healthy forever and for a long retirement with my DH (when the time comes).

My dr. does lab tests at your 3 mos post op check then I thought they said again at 1yr. However, for some reason at my 6 mos they ordered another set, maybe he suspected something, I don't know. But part of it is a bunch of tests on your Vitamin levels. And since this last tast was abnormal I am to be retested in 3 mos. after I start a vitamin regime. I started some B1 but found out it is not enough and need to add B12 to it so need to get up to Walmart to get those. I was just too busy today. Will get them tomorrow. I so know what you mean, Apples, I am so much more aware of my health these days.

Allie, what kind of work do you do? Sounds like you are out and about a lot.

Good Morning Junies..

We are expecting between 8-14 inches of snow today then another 6 inches on sunday (sigh) ...

Long.. I work for an industrial supply company. On Monday, Wednesday and Friday I work out of the office doing inside sales, and all the accounting for the company and on Tuesday and Thursday I am on the road doing outside sales. I sell pipe, valves and fittings. I am the only woman that works there so it is always interesting..lol

I found out last night that my Uncle passed away. I guess he was living out of his truck and froze to death :biggrin: what a horrible way to go.. He had such a rough life it is unbelievable.. at 16 he was in a barn fire and lost both of his legs. He really just struggled all his life. My twin cousins that are 22 are devastated. It is so tragic. Please say a prayer for him and his kids!! Thanks!

Ho, Ho, Ho!

Today is the Christmas Party at work! I will drive the 40 miles to our main campus and attend a covered dish lunch and then get to be off for 2 weeks!

Apples, you have done so GREAT! I do hope we can meet someday!

Long! the Vitamins can be replaced! I take the sublingual B12 and it does great!

Allie, sounds like you love life! GREAT

vz and strike, hope all is well!

Well, in a rush! Take care and I will post soon!

Love ya all!

PS: Snuffy... and all you other Junebugs! Say hello! I know your there! :biggrin:

Hi everyone! I'm glad that everyone seems to be doing so well. I haven't posted in a while but I do get on here and browse around from time to time to keep up with everyone. I don't know why but it seems like I've been really busy since my daughter started school. She's my only child so I thought that I'd have tons of extra time on my hands but I feel like I never have enough! But that's good, less time to think about food! I'm still losing weight, slowly but surely. I haven't really gotten stuck yet, I have stayed the same weight for a week or two but it is always because I've slacked on eating right and exercising. As long as I do those two things, the pounds come off. My long term goal was 100 lbs. by the one year mark, and I'm over halfway there. I think I might make it, but I know that I'm going to have to step up the exercising soon if I'm going to get there. Anyway, I just wanted to say hi and kind of check in. I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday season!

Hi everyone! I'm glad that everyone seems to be doing so well. I haven't posted in a while but I do get on here and browse around from time to time to keep up with everyone. I don't know why but it seems like I've been really busy since my daughter started school. She's my only child so I thought that I'd have tons of extra time on my hands but I feel like I never have enough! But that's good, less time to think about food! I'm still losing weight, slowly but surely. I haven't really gotten stuck yet, I have stayed the same weight for a week or two but it is always because I've slacked on eating right and exercising. As long as I do those two things, the pounds come off. My long term goal was 100 lbs. by the one year mark, and I'm over halfway there. I think I might make it, but I know that I'm going to have to step up the exercising soon if I'm going to get there. Anyway, I just wanted to say hi and kind of check in. I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday season!

Hey, Gina...what a beautiful daughter you have...and...mom is beautiful also. Sounds like you are doing well with banded life. Wishing you continued success!!!!!!!!:tongue_smilie:

Hi Junies!

I went out and got myself a Christmas present today. I went to Victoria's Secret and got myself one of their Imex bras. Its wonderful!!! Ever since I had breast reduction about 5 years ago, i have only been able to wear sports bras which make ya flat. Not what I wanted and I can finally get into their sizes so I got one. Guess what! I got two girls now instead of one innertube!! BF is happy! The bra is expensive but I think I will start saving so I can get a few more.

Cold front is coming in tonite with temps in the teens and wind chills below zero so I am curling up with my sewing and staying home tomorrow. Hope all the Junies are having fun and getting ready for the holidays!

Hi fellow June Bugs,

Finally, I woke up this morning, did my normal morning routine and hopped on the scale to see I finally lost that damn pound that kept me out of the 80 pound loss. Sheesh, it felt like that took forever. Its amazing how that one pound can make your whole day and get you motivated again. I generally lose in a cycle, two weeks losing, two weeks not! Hopefully, I'm back in the two weeks losing again!