Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

That's aweseome Katies!!! I'm anxious to go some place beachy and well be beachy! Not worry about bathing suits, not worry about Water activities, not look to see if I am the fattest one on the beach, etc. etc. Not sure I could ever parasail though, kindda hard to do that and leave one foot on the ground!! ;)

My daily news for today!!! I'm on my way home from the best vacation I've ever had!!! I spent a week in Key West and after losing almost 70 pounds I can finally do activities with my family. I went sailing on a catamaran, rented wave runners, and the best part...I went parasailing. That's right I had my fat butt hanging in the air up 300' and it was awesome. I never would've done that 4 months ago. Life is changing so fast and so am I. This is incredible! I love my band!! Its true what they say about my new birthday, June 9, 2008, I finally started living again!

Congrats on the great NSV, Katies. I bet you felt 20 yrs younger on you vacation. We spend a lot of time in FL but have never been to the Keys. Plan on putting some time at the Keys in Jan or Feb. We have a son that can fly us there and pick us up again so we don't have to do the drive from Ocala. Would love to parasail but not sure if I should. Did the sling shot a couple of years ago while in FL (shot me 360' in the air) and had trouble with verdigo after that for about 9 months.;)

Congrats on the great NSV, Katies. I bet you felt 20 yrs younger on you vacation. We spend a lot of time in FL but have never been to the Keys. Plan on putting some time at the Keys in Jan or Feb. We have a son that can fly us there and pick us up again so we don't have to do the drive from Ocala. Would love to parasail but not sure if I should. Did the sling shot a couple of years ago while in FL (shot me 360' in the air) and had trouble with verdigo after that for about 9 months.;)

Hey Apples, are you going to be in Ocala in Jan/Feb?? I may be in Lady Lake visiting my parents sometime during that time. Maybe we can meet up?? I know Ocala is sortta near them as I fly into Gainesville when I go and we drive through Ocala on the way.

Hey Apples, are you going to be in Ocala in Jan/Feb?? I may be in Lady Lake visiting my parents sometime during that time. Maybe we can meet up?? I know Ocala is sortta near them as I fly into Gainesville when I go and we drive through Ocala on the way.

OMG...that would be great. We are leaving home around Jan 1 and taking 2 weeks to get down there (going to do lots of fun stuff on the way down. Have museums, etc. chosen to stop and see). We rented a cabin in the Ocala National Forest from 1/15/08 through 2/15/08. Would absolutely love to meet up with you! We'll talk about it the closer the time gets. Wow...how exciting!;)

Thanks so much!! We had a great time and really the best part was keeping up with Dh and my 2 boys. Our hotel room was on the 3rd floor and it seemed like half the time the elevator wasn't working, but I was able to bop right up 3 flights of stairs without feeling like I was going to drop dead. The people were so friendly and I didn't feel like the giant elephant in the room that people tried to ignore. I met so many people, we had a blast. I'm so glad I made this decision.

:thumbup:Hello all you cute and thinner June bugs! Hope you had a GREAT Halloween! :cursing:

NOW! TAKE ALL THAT LEFT OVER candy TO THE TRASH CAN OUTSIDE! :) DON'T GIVE IT TO A KID.... THEY DON'T NEED IT EITHER! :wink:

I am doing good, losing very slow, but steady! I am still working on re-decorating and remodeling my house. I still have to paint 3 rooms I plan to completely remodel my kitchen this spring! All this painting is great exercise. I am short so I have to climb up and down a ladder a bunch!

Dont forget to set your clocks back an hour tomorrow night!

Have a GREAT Saturday

Cathy, so what kind of colors are you painting everything? We just moved into our house 2 yrs ago and painted the entire interior in one 3 day weekend before our furniture arrived. I am so glad we did then.

I seem to be stuck on the scale. I knew to expect it as I was losing at such a fast pace, but I still don't have to like it!! 80 is eluding me and teasing me on the scale. Seems whenever I get stuck on the scale it is always just before a milestone number that ends in 0. I was stuck at 49, 57, and 68 and now 78. This too shall pass.

Hey there Junies!!! I too am stuck long2be.. I keep fluctuating between 78 and 84 pounds lost.. bahhh.. I love that I lost so much, it just seems to get to a point I really have to work to get it off.. I guess the closer to goal we get the harder it becomes. I am trying to focus more on the size of clothes I am wearing and not the number. I was weighing myself like 10 times a day going from elated (numbers were down) to depressed (numbers were up).. I don't want to trade my addiction to food for a eating disorder.. I am struggling with the attention I have been getting. It is elating to get honked at but scary as well! I hope everyone had a great Halloween.. I can't believe it's only been a little over 4 months since i got my lapband!

No one is honking at me yet, I don't think they honk at 50 yr olds. :thumbup: Unless you count the jerk who honked and gave me the one finger wave after he cut me off. :smile2: Not sure what his problem was other than he wanted to be where I was, I was doing nothing wrong.

I know what you mean about the attention being scary. I like that people are noticing and do remember a few months ago I was complaining that no one noticed. But now that they are and many ask how much I lost and it feels like so much pressure. Like if I am not down enough since the last time they asked they'll think here she goes again, going to gain it all back, etc. It's probably more me transferring my fears to them. I started answering the how much did you lose question very vaguely with things like: a lot, not as much as I want, etc. However the question I am most uncomfortable with is: how much more do you want to lose? especially if they just asked how much I lost. I can see the calculator going in their minds. Plus I am not totally sure of the answer. So I just say, I'll know when I get there.

Hey long2b Amen on the 50 also The same guy honked at me.:thumbup: Great job junies

Did you get the one finger wave too???

Oh and thanks for the congrats for 50 but I am now at 78!!!!! I want 80 soooooooooooooooo bad and it's been eluding me. It gets close then goes back. GRRRRRR But it will happen, probably sooner if I get my butt back in gear and up the exercise some.

I understand how you guys feel about getting some attention. Yes, you want acknowledgment sometimes for your weight loss but there tend to be TOOOOOOOOOOO many questions that follow. And...I was getting this one 40# from goal..."Gee, you really don't want to lose any more do you". WTH? My answer would be that myself and my surgeon set a goal that was good for both of us and I'm working towards it. I still get that statement from people. Heard it three times today. Believe me, I am NOT too thin. My BMI is NORMAL...right in the middle of where it should be. These types of comments drive me crazy.

Went to see my nutritionist today. Wanted some ideas from her. If my doc insists on only 1/2c 3x/day, how am I going to stay at goal and not drop. She suggested that I throw 2 healthy, higher cal Snacks in...like my Greek yogurt and soynuts that I eat for Breakfast. I see my doc tomorrow and will have to let him know that's what it is going to take for me to stay in the normal range. He's not going to like the extra Snacks idea but I've already dropped down 5lbs from my goal and want to get back there. Didn't help that we had a tummy bug around here for over a week. No vomiting but a sore stomach.

I know this will all work out when I figure out how many cals. I need to stay at goal. My doc says 600 for a woman and 800 for a man. I am waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too active to be at 600.

Better get back to busy. We JUST started our corn harvest as we speak. About 6 weeks behind schedule. Hope our beautiful Indian Summer holds out for awhile...no rain...no snow. Cold weather doesn't affect the harvest but hard for the guys to work in it.

Everyone have a good evening. Thanks for listening to me ramble.

Hey everyone! Just thought I'd drop in a say hi. I had my second fill on Thursday. It hurt like heck, but at least it's over. I forgot how much I dislike liquids and muchies :blink: My weight had kind of leveled out a little, so I'm hoping this will give me the jump start that I need. Hope everyone is doing well!!!

Edited by iteachurkid

Good morning June Bugs..

Well today my hubby and I are climbing a mountain. Yep that's what I said a mountain. I have ALWAYS wanted to do it.. but when I smoked I knew I'd never make it then when I was at my heaviest I knew I'd never make it.. So today I don't have any excuse.. today I am doing it! Everyone talks about how beautiful it is at the top and how you can see forever.. And I get to see it!! It's 56 degrees so should be beautiful! Wish me luck that #1 I make it and #2 I don't fall off.. lol..

This has been a crazy weekend for me.. my 17 year old daughter T-boned a school bus and broke her collarbone and totalled her car. (thank god she and the kids on the bus are ok) Nothing like a little scare to put things in perspective and make me realize to stop waiting for the perfect time to do things.. live life to the fullest and that is why today is the day I am climbing a mountain! I FROM THIS DAY FORWARD AM LIVING LIFE TO THE FULLEST.. I kept saying when I get to my goal weight i will do this or I will do that.. NO MORE.. I am doing it all now!!!

God bless and have a wonderful weekend! :(

Hi Junies,

Hope all are doing well. Today I lost another pound and decided to measure everything. I have lost 14 inches overall since june! Just when I sort of give up on my plateau and pig out one day somehow I lose a pound the next day! I can't figure it out. Someone wrote in here somewhere that they stop losing if their calories drop below 1000, or 1500 or something. I have kept mine between 700 - 1000 and I am a slow loser. When I go over 1000, i am usually cheating. So tell me, what works for you guys? I hate to bring the calories up regularly because in my mind, that means I am eating too much and I will gain. Its frustrating trying to train your mind and your body! I dug out the elliptical from storage now that its colder and its dark when I get home. Going to add in exercise in the evening and see what that does.

Come in and post, Junies. I miss y'all. How do you all like the new format? It took me a while to locate my subscrbed threads again but I did. If you haven't figured it out, its under links on the main page. Keep on losing!