Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am going for my first support group meeting tonight. I haven't been before because I thought I didn't need it but I really do. I don't know anyone personally who has had the band and I need the support now more than ever. Since this last fill the weight started coming off again and now it has stopped AGAIN! I am so confused, I don't know what to do. I stopped snacking, no more sugar free Peanut Butter Cookies, no more chips, I exercise 30 minutes a day and I am actually eating less this week than the weeks before and the scale is stuck again. I really don't know what to do.

I am going for my first support group meeting tonight. I haven't been before because I thought I didn't need it but I really do. I don't know anyone personally who has had the band and I need the support now more than ever. Since this last fill the weight started coming off again and now it has stopped AGAIN! I am so confused, I don't know what to do. I stopped snacking, no more sugar free Peanut Butter Cookies, no more chips, I exercise 30 minutes a day and I am actually eating less this week than the weeks before and the scale is stuck again. I really don't know what to do.

GB, Going to a support meeting is EXACTLY what you should do. They will have good suggestions and ideas that you can try. Weight is crazy that way, seems we lose for a while, then stop but eventually it starts going down again. Sounds like you are doing the right things, it just takes time and thats whats so frustrating! I want mine gone now!! lol

I finally moved (for my job) so I am now living close enough to go to support meetings and I am also going to one tonite. Maybe we will get some good ideas to get jump started again. Hang in there!

Hi Junies!

I called the surgeon's office today and got an appointment to follow up on the last surgeries (band in and out a week later) and talk to her about getting the ball rolling on the re-band!

I'm ready. I've been sort of in a funk lately and I really need a change for the better. I think getting back to losing weight will definitely help.

I lost about 30lbs on my own pre-op, then about 12 more afterwards (being NPO and on IV antibiotics for 2 weeks is a evil weight loss system!) ;-) But now I've had about 10lbs creep back on, so I'm back to my just before surgery weight. I don't want to backslide further.

I must have changed something eating wise once I slipped away from daily tracking of every bite and sip that went into my mouth, because around mid-Sept, my hair started falling out by the handful! Ekkk! Back to counting protein! It fell out for about 2 weeks then went back to normal. Maybe it was just a weird post-op hair cycle. My hair is about half as thick as it was before, but I'm lucky to have lots of hair, so I still probably have more than most.

I do need to get back to daily exercise, I pretty much stopped when I was recovering, then school started and I'm busy every morning driving DH and DD around (we car pool) and I just haven't gotten back into the habit. I'll work on that!

I've been good to myself since June. I've revamped my wardrobe, and got a new hair cut and color. I was the #1 consultant in my Mary Kay National area. I look good. Now I'm ready to feel good too!

Always ;-)

Hunzi

Hunzi.

When is your appt? I hope it goes well and you can get the band rolling again!!

My hair went through a stage too. I started taking Biotin and it helped a lot.

I'm doing great. I've really started losing rapidly again, I'm loving it. I am at 73 now. I wanted 75 by Halloween and just might make it! I hope so. I have out of town company this week though and am doing very little in the form of exercise.

Hunzi....I hope you can get the ball rolling to start this process again. Sorry to hear about the Hair loss but you are doing the right thing by reassessing what you are eating. Some people do lose hair after a surgery. Good luck with your visits to your surgeon and keep us posted. Karen

Thanks Apple & Long2BeThin!

My appointment is for Tuesday (upper GI) and Thursday (to see the Dr).

The hair thing was weird! I'll check into the Biotin.

You both are doing amazing! 75 and 104lbs! I hope I can do half as well!

I'll report back in next week.

Always ;-)

Hunzi

Hey...where all you Jazzie June people? Everyone doing great, I hope. CathyChatts? I'm calling for you!!!!!!!!!! Where have you been??????????

jdrocks226 checking in.. have lost 47lbs. feel great.. had my first sliming and getting stuck two days ago. don't want that again. no support group in our area, but they are working on it. thank goodness for this forum.. i need a new wardrobe.. hope all are doing well. have 4 fills now about 4cc. in a 10cc band. must have swallowed to fast and i was stuck for the first time, now i know i will be alot more careful. congrats to all and keep going. we june jazzy's can do it...

jdrocks226 checking in.. have lost 47lbs. feel great.. had my first sliming and getting stuck two days ago. don't want that again. no support group in our area, but they are working on it. thank goodness for this forum.. i need a new wardrobe.. hope all are doing well. have 4 fills now about 4cc. in a 10cc band. must have swallowed to fast and i was stuck for the first time, now i know i will be alot more careful. congrats to all and keep going. we june jazzy's can do it...

Hey JD...are you feeling restriction with the 4 fills that you have gotten? I have had two fills in a large band with a total of 6cc's. I sway back and forth whether I need another fill. Most days are good but other days I am very hungry and feel I am doing this all by myself. I have decided in the last couple of days that I will ask for a fill at my 11/04 appt. Doc gives .5 at a time and can get an unfill day or night if I need to. My biggest fear is being too full but know that I some days work hard than my band. Decision made and gonna go for that fill.

Want to keep this thread going and stay in touch with all the June 2008 friends. We started with a mega amount of people and would be nice to hear from some of them and how they are doing. Sounds reasonable, right?:biggrin:

Hey everyone! I just wanted to check in and say hi. Things are going very well. I met with my surgeon last week and he's very happy with my weight loss so far. My only concern right now is Hair loss. I'm trying really hard to get in all of my Protein, but everytime I run my hands through my hair I'm pulling out lots. Is anyone else experiencing hair loss? I'm trying really hard not to let it get to me, because fortunately, I have pretty thick hair. I have to say though, all the hair in the shower this morning and after drying my hair...I got a little teary eyed (stupid, I know...I mean it's just hair). I just don't know how much longer I can lose at this rate and still have hair :biggrin: Thanks for listening!

yahoo!!! I did it!! I hit 75 lbs gone forever this morning!!

Hairloss, yes I was getting concerned. I did start taking Biotin as I had heard from some bypass folks that it helps and it seems to have, plus my nails have never been so good!

Apples, I was worried about overfilling too. I have a large band as well and when they gave me 1cc on my last fill (which was my 5th) I was really scared but so far so good, I have 10.5 cc's in my large AP band (14cc). Hope you get the help you need.

Also my rec center in my community is having a biggest loser contest. Guess who won this week!!! YAHOO!!! I won a free hair cut and style.

Hey Long...I hate to say this but "What a Loser"! (joking).

I have been taking Biotin since the day I had surgery. Also take Vitamin E. No Hair loss so far. I hate to jinx that but I have my hair thinned every six weeks when I get it cut. I have way more hair than a person should. I still don't want to start losing it though!

Wow Long, Apples and iteach, you are all Big Losers!!!

Just curious, is that your weight loss since banding or in total? If since banding, what's your secret?

I just finally hit 41 pounds lost since surgery. Really had to work for the last 5 pounds, seemed to have hit a plateau. Went for another fill today and now have 6cc's in my 10cc band. I hope this finally does it! I have had a few episodes of stuck food, no fun at all! Mostly my fault for not slowing down and chewing the food.

In reference to the comment about Hair loss, remember to get those good fats in your diet(olives, almonds, avacado, olive oil, etc.) this will aid in preventing hair loss and brittle nails.

Awesome job long2be you did it!!! Apples almost to goal awesome job!!!! Iteach congrats on hitting 70!!! I am so excited for everyone..

Ok I am having a very very crappy day. My mammo came back and today I went and saw the surgeon and he told me to "mentally prepare to have a double mastectomy by the end of the year" BAHHHHHH .. just to clarify between the genetic testing, my mammo, ultrasound and upcoming mri this is where he came up with this info. Just when I am getting my shit together with losing weight I get hit with this! I am trying to stay positive and the good news is I will get some new boobs! I am trying to not throw a pity party and stay upbeat. It scares the crap out of me due to seeing my grandmother pass away from breast cancer. I have not been diagnosed with cancer but it's leaning that way and with the brac gene I guess I need to say goodbye to my girls. I go on the 24th for the breast MRI which will help determine where I stand. Uggh.. oh and he also said that I should probably get my ovaries out as well. Menopause and my girls gone sounds like fun.. Ok I am rambling.. :)

Congrats again to all us Junies on making it through the past 4 months!!!!!

Hey everyone! I just wanted to check in and say hi. Things are going very well. I met with my surgeon last week and he's very happy with my weight loss so far. My only concern right now is Hair loss. I'm trying really hard to get in all of my Protein, but everytime I run my hands through my hair I'm pulling out lots. Is anyone else experiencing hair loss? I'm trying really hard not to let it get to me, because fortunately, I have pretty thick hair. I have to say though, all the hair in the shower this morning and after drying my hair...I got a little teary eyed (stupid, I know...I mean it's just hair). I just don't know how much longer I can lose at this rate and still have hair :smile: Thanks for listening!

Congrats on your 70# loss, iteach. Try not to panic about losing some hair...could be just a short term thing but I guess I would discuss this with you doc. He could have some ideas on what to do. I, too, have tons of hair but I would feel like you do and not want to lose any. I wish you lots of luck and hope you can get the needed protein in your daily diet. :)