Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Couch to 5k.....come join me!!

OK, the moment has come. If I wait any later then it will be too close to the end of the day to attempt this. I am getting on the treadmill to run my 20 minute interval. Man, I want to be able to do this. If I don't post again within an hour be VERY concerned. LOL Just kidding!!

I get back to ya all soon...I hear Rocky music!!! :biggrin:

I DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:biggrin::w00t::angry::w00t::thumbup::w00t::mellow::w00t::blush::w00t::blush::w00t::wink2::w00t::eek::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t:

I lived to tell about it. The first 10 minutes went by pretty fast. The next 5 were harder, and the last 5 were the longest 5 minutes of my life. I can't believe I actually did it!!!

This is a big deal so I am going to be sentimental for a minute

When this run started getting very hard I thought of where I started this journey 9 months ago and 81 pounds heavier. I couldn't run a minute much less a mile. Then I thought of my DH and DS and how fun it is to see them so proud of me. DH can't keep his hands off of me. Not just the physical part, but he is so proud of who I am becoming in the process. We are both seeing the me that he fell in love with and married being reborn. DS told me today, "Mom, I didn't think that lapband thing was supposed to work so fast!" He also told me that I am 81% to being "hot". They are my biggest fanclub and greatest support!!

Then I thought of you all!!

• Bonnie - Finishing your run inspite of the psycho shoe guy at the gym.
  • Leslie - Beiing determined to show DH that you can and are doing this
  • Georgia - You have been a constant source of inspiration for me!! You never give up, even during long dry spells. You kept running even after your ankle injury
  • Kathy - You are already scoping out 5k's to run. You are such an encourager to everyone else on here. So good about reading and responding to what's going on with everyone
  • Mamato - You are kicking butt and taking names. While I was running I thought about you 1 day behind me. I knew I had to finish it because if I did then you would know that you can too.
  • Whosya - I thought of your little girl wanting to run with you!! What a great inspiration to your kids. What determination you have
  • Sugar - You are running even after EVLT! You go girl
  • Lyn - You ran right up until surgery and are earger to get going again!!

So, thanks you guys, I really did think of each of you while I was running. I was determined to be able to come back and post that I DID IT, and it was because of each of you!!!

Sorry this is sooo long and sappy. I was probably sucking so much air that I am now overloaded with oxygen and in la la land.

THE ROCKY MUSIC IS PLAYING!!!!

You guys are the best..

Hey, if I get this excited over a 20 minute run, what will I do when I actually run a whole 5k. Better watch out!!

Renewed - YOU GO GIRL!!!! That is so awesome. Twenty minutes Whew!!! You have encouraged me so much. I can't wait until my morning run.

Guest Leslie2Lose

Renewed - I can't wait to be able to run 20 minutes. You are an inspiration! I think of you guys too when I run. Like yesterday, I just didn't feel like it and all of you reminded me of why I needed to get off my lazy rear and do it. I hit the treadmill and thought they are counting on you to push through and they believe in you - get your arse moving...

You are right! If I didn't have you guys on here supporting and pushing me I probably would have quit after day two. I know I can do this! The strange part is I'm enjoying it. I can't tell you how much that surprises me...

Keep it up ya'll!!!

Renewed - WOW! Congrats! I am so happy for you and proud of you. I literally got shivers reading your post. Thankyou for being such an ongoing inspiration for me!

As for me.... I am going to give it my best shot tomorrow. I am still full of self doubt, but I have been like that every single week.

One thing I DO know... I will not be running at 5.2! I would fly off the back of the treadmill. I will go for 4.5.

Congrats again lady! You are doing so awesome!

Renewed... I'm all teary eyed! You did it, just like that! I'm so proud of you, and so happy for your accomplishment! Thanks for the sappy stuff too, it made me feel good. WOW.. 20 minutes! That is just so great. You must be on top of the world, knowing you did it!

I did my 2nd week 3 run this morning, and it went much better. I lasted through both 3 min. intervals, although I had to slow the last run down from 4.5 to 4.4... but that's ok. If I was outside, I'd have done that naturally.

I'm looking forward to Sat for my next run. Last night I felt like running, but knew I shouldn't overdo it. So I took the dog for a fast walk. The dog is starting to enjoy our fast walks, and didn't want it to end. I'm not sure if she could run with me, but I might try it one day to see. She could have when she was younger, but now I'm not so sure.

Whooooo Hoooooo Renewed!!! 20 minutes is freakin AMAZING!! I'm so proud of you right now! You give me hope girl!

BTW, you are a HUGE inspiration to me!! I couldn't have gotten through some of those dry spells without you!

Thanks guys!! I am just so pumped!!

you know, I have been kinda bumbed lately because my scales are not dropping. Well, today helped a ton!! Being able to actually run for 20 minutes is better that getting on the scales and having lost a couple. Now, I can't say it's better than the total picture of losing 80, but it ranks pretty high up there.

My scales may not be moving, but when I look in the mirror I am starting to see more curves, more bone structure, and a healthier me!! I attribute these recent changes to running. Now, a pound or two lost would be a great added bonus, but I think I am officially a runner now. It is so addictive, and the scales will have to drop eventually!!

Renewed!!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::lol::lol::lol::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

CONGRATS!! I would like to ditto everything already said. You are an inspiration to us all. You have shown us that it can be done---even though I know my speed wont be NEAR that fast when I am doing it next week--or attempting to do it!

I loved your little comments about us runners and about your family! Thanks for the success story to keep us all motivated!

Since we keep bringing up the Rocky music, here is a funny clip from youtube...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqOBR_Xbw2I&feature=related]YouTube - ROCKY - REMI GAILLARD[/ame]

hehe--g-girl--you said "hanging meat"

sorry flashback to beavis and butthead days!

Video was hysterical! Thanks for sharing!