Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Couch to 5k.....come join me!!

I'm soooo behind on posting it's not even funny.....

I will be doing another day of week 2 today. I'm hoping today will be my last day doing week 2, but I may go another day. We'll see how today goes. I did notice during my last run that I had a much better stride. More rhythmic I guess.

Renewed~ 8 minutes is INSANE!! Right now, I just can't even imagine being able to do 3 minutes, lol. WTG! You are doing sooo good!

Sheesh, what a workout this morning. I was so excited to do day 2 of week 4 and right after the warm up a guy got on the treadmill right next to me and he immediately turned the treadmill to fast run and was making a lot of noise with his feet and I looked over and he was holding onto the side handles and slamming his feet down as he ran. He would do that for about a minute and half and then stop treadmill tie his shoes, stand up, run fast normally for a minute, stop it, adjust shoes, start up and stomp/run again, stop, tie shoes, run regular----and he kept up that pattern during MY entire run!!! It was so annoying. I had to just keep looking forward out the window and TRY to tune him out. I even had my ipod turned up and could still feel his feet stomping. I thought for a minute he was wearing work boots his feet were so loud!

Bonnie~ Wow, that is annoying! If he needed to adjust his shoes THAT much, I think he needs a new pair. You shouldn't have to adjust your shoes that often! That's just strange!!!!

Holy Heck! 8 minutes is a looooooooong time! lol The first 8 was hard, but the second 8 was just.... I dunno the word for it!! Insane, maybe?

BUT.... I DID IT! I am so excited right now. I can't say I felt this good right after cause I thought I might die. But now, I am so thrilled. I can't believe I can run for 8 minutes straight.

Bonnie - I dunno how you kept going with that guy next to you! See how dedicated we are all becoming?

Renewed - I can't wait to here how your attempt at the 20 minutes goes. I am full of self doubt at this point. From 8 minutes to 20 minutes? Are you kidding me? I'm going to have to do a whole lot of positive self talk for the next couple of days to talk myself into this!

whosya - OK, nekkid treadmill running? Are you crazy? LOL Not even a visual I want to think about!

Sugar - glad you are back at it after your EVLT. You go girl!

Ok mamato, here's what I have come to. On our 8 minute run we actually ran 16 out of 21 minutes. The first 8 was bad but not unbearable. I am thinking that i will just keep going. I will run as long as I can physically stay on the treadmill. I didn't think a week ago I could run 8 minutes and WE BOTH DID IT!! So, the sky is the limit!!

I was looking ahead and we only have to do this 20 minute thing once for now. Week 6 starts with 5 and 8 minute running segments. Week 6 mix 2 is 10 minute running segments, and then 25 minutes on mix 3. So......just once.....surely I can hang on for 20 minutes just once!! Then it's back to some more doable intervals for a few days. 8 minutes won't seem so bad once we've done a 20 minute interval. I don't know if it's physically possible for me to do or not, but I am going to get on and run, and then I'm going to just keep running (Run, Forest, Run!). So, this run is tommorow. I am already trying to gear up mentally! I'll let yall know how it goes.

I guarantee I won't be running it naked!! LOL

Bonnie, I would have been tempted to trip the guy at the gym (just kidding)

I am trying to think of the part of my body I am most proud of, and I really can't single one out. So, here is my list. (A list of parts of my body I like!! Whodathunkit!!

- From a 42DD to a 38D bra (and it's too big)

- I have ribs (DH loves to count them)

- my back doesn't have any rolls and I have a waist. (DH would say my waist from behind is my best asset :) )

- I am losing my tire

- My arms are starting to look muscular

- My thighs are very muscular

- My neck and shoulders

- THE BIGGEST ONE......Would probably have to be that I have bones!!! All over my body, I HAVE BONES!! Shoulder blades, pelvic bones, hip bones, ribs, collar bones, ankle bones!!

The thing I want to change the most..... I HATE this flap on my lap!!!!! I want a Tummy Tuck in a major way!!

I have been pretty down about my lack of weight loss lately. Thanks for making me think about what is different. I REALLY am becoming a different person before my very own eyes!!

Guest Leslie2Lose

Ya'll I need a kick in the butt! I have been sitting here at work dreading going to the gym today. I didn't go yesterday. DH and I went out to eat. I did good with my meal plan, so I don't feel guilty. I just hate to go to the gym today. I'm not looking forward to my run tonight. Earlier this week I was stoked. I want to go home and take a nap. I need some motivation!

Renewed girl you've done great! Your weight loss will pickup. Just look at the changes in your body. You go girl!

Ok Leslie... here's your kick in the butt! Remember that 5k run that you want to do in the Fall... it won't happen unless you go to the gym and do your run... also, remember how good you feel after you actually do the run... you can't feel that if you don't go to the gym and run!

Ok, naked treadmill running.... NO WAY... my girls already hurt enough bouncing around while being confined in the sports bra... imagine the pain of a free bounce! Not an image I'd even want to imagine!

Consider yourself kicked Leslie!! You will be so glad!! So, get up and go to the gym!!!!!

Good point Kathy. My girls are soooo sore since I started running. I have got to get a better fitting sports bra. They are tired of bouncing!!

Guest Leslie2Lose

I did it! I'm SO glad. It wasn't hard at all tonight. I think I'll be ready next week to move on to week 2. Now - I am tired and of course I have sweat pouring from me like niagra falls. After each interval was over, I looked down and thought - I could go a little longer. Thanks for the butt kicking ya'll - I needed it!

Good point Kathy. My girls are soooo sore since I started running. I have got to get a better fitting sports bra. They are tired of bouncing!!

hey ya'll - my girls killed me (started 36DD & 1/2 :)) - now a comfy 32D and i found here on LBT, the enell sports bra:

Enell Sports Bra - Welcome

i was ready to get duck tape out - but these sports bras are incredible - NO bounce. they're pricey, but my SIL found some new ones on ebay for $25 and she's also hooked....

take care all - your doing WONDERFUL!!

Luluc - thanks for the link. I found a store in my city and am going to go check them out!

Leslie - way to go!!

Leslie, I felt just like you today. I didn't want to run at all. I've been on liquids from my fill and I have NO energy. I sucked it up and did it anyway. Man, that last interval seems like it last 5 minutes. I feel like I could sleep for 5 days....I'm soooo tired, but I'm glad I did it.

I did another day of week 2 today. I still don't think I am ready to move on so I will stay on week 2 until I'm ready. I can really tell that my stride is improving every time I run. It actually felt more like a run today instead of a waddle, lol.

I'm so glad I have ya'll for support. If I didn't have to be held accountable on this thread, I probably would have scratched my run today. Thanks for all the support and inspiration. Everyone is doing such a good job and it inspires me to keep going.

Georgia - I do not like to get out of bed to run, but once I am out there it feels good. I sweat like a stuck pig, but the feeling I get when I finish is amazing. And yes, the support and the accountability from this thread has been wonderful. Thanks!!!

Guest Leslie2Lose

Diddo Georgia!