Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Couch to 5k.....come join me!!

Aughhhh he was back again today!! There are 7 treadmills all lined up in a row. No one is on any of the when I got there. I picked the second one...then shoe guy comes in a picks the one RIGHT NEXT TO ME! WHY!?!?! He tied his shoes 7 times during his run today...I counted! I was so mad. I couldn't tell if he kept looking at me during his runs or if he was looking at the mirror on the wall but he kept looking in my direction. Maybe thats his way of trying to get my attention but the only thing that is going to get him is a punch in the face! Shoe guy better watch out!!

Leslie, I know what you mean about dh not exercising with you. Mine is the same way. He thinks playing catch a few times a week with our youngest son is enough exercise. We joined the Y a few years ago and he played raquetball a few times and we had a blast, but he didn't keep it up. He NEVER did cardio or strength training. I don't know what his problem was!

Guest Leslie2Lose

Bonnie - you really need to trip him. "Drop" your towell on his treadmill by "accident". I'm kidding - I wouldn't purposly hurt him. I'd move. Go get a drink of Water and get on a different treadmill...or turn up your headphones to an annoyingly loud level and start singing.

Your DH sounds like mine. He joined - we've played racquetball a few times and had fun. I guess he'll come when he is ready.

Bonnie... ohhh I feel your frustration! Is this guy all there - if you know what I mean? If so, try frustrating him as much as he frustrates you - I love the singing idea :biggrin:, but sing badly! If he's not all there, then just accept that this might be his attempt at socialization, and understand that it might be very challenging for him to do this. Ask the staff if they know what the situation is with this guy, and if it continues to bug you... do what Leslie suggests... move.

Bonnie - You might suggest that he gets a pair of velcro running shoes :biggrin:

Leslie - Good job signing up for the 5K. I just found out about one that is September 6th at the local high school track (there are very few level places to run in West Virginia - the track is one of them) I do not know what week I will be running by then. Since I have had this EVLT it has messed my whole schedule up. I ran again this morning, but I am not doing the intervals because of this darn support hose. I do the other leg on Monday. If I can get that blessed 20 minute thing by then, I will really consider it even if I have to walk part of it.

I just went online to active.com and registered for the 5K in November (YMCA Chili Run). It's official and paid for. No backing out! I'm so excited!!!!!

Well.....I guess since you made it official, I needed to also. I DID IT!! I registered for the Chili Run. I'm soooo excited!! You, me, and J will be doing this together. The YMCA here in Moultrie has a Race of the South Sept. 20th (my one year bandiversary!!). They have a 10k, 5k, and a 1 mile run. I'm thinking of signing up for the 1 mile run, but I'm not sure yet. I might could talk my SIL into doing it with me.....

Anyway, I'm excited about the Chili Run!!!! Can't wait!!

Guest Leslie2Lose

Georgia that's awesome! I'm so excited too. J gets back from the beach today. She's supposed to call me and workout..hmmm...I'll have to harrass her to make sure she signs up too.

September would be a good goal. I'm with you - I'd try the mile first. And on your bandiversary! How cool is that!

Georgia that's awesome! I'm so excited too. J gets back from the beach today. She's supposed to call me and workout..hmmm...I'll have to harrass her to make sure she signs up too.

September would be a good goal. I'm with you - I'd try the mile first. And on your bandiversary! How cool is that!

I know!! What a wonderful bandiversay gift! I called my SIL and she said she would think about doing it. I emailed her the podrunner intervals to download. She said she would give it a try and let me know.

You and J are more than welcome to sign up too. I think it would be great practice for the Chili Run....

Way to go Leslie and Georgia. Yall are making me feel like a slacker. I am going to have to start looking for 5k's around here.

Leslie, Hang in there!! DH will probably come around. If not, you are exercising for you, and doing quite awesome at it. I know it would be fun to do it together, but try not to let him get you down!! you are doing so well!!!

Guest Leslie2Lose

I'm going to put September 20th on my Calendar. I think it would be great! Road Trip - okay an hour's road trip. I'll get with J and see if she can get off.

Thanks Renewed! I'm doing day 3 week 1 today. Next week I'm moving to week two. I'm ready. You do need to find you a 5K. It gets me motivated to think of actually finishing an actual race.

I still need to download the podcast. I've been running to music right now. It's working out fine. My left hip started aching on Wednesday and I slowed the pace a bit and it eased off. I don't want to end up hurting. I get sharp pains in that hip every now and then (almost like when I was pregnant - physatic (sp?) nerve???). It did it before I started running. I'd be walking and my hip would go out and get a sharp pain. I usually just walk it off, but it hurts.

I'm going to put September 20th on my Calendar. I think it would be great! Road Trip - okay an hour's road trip. I'll get with J and see if she can get off.

Great!! Sounds like a plan!

Anyone wear anything to help with the jiggle while running? (Hehe, the word jiggle makes me think of the Jello commercials, lol). Okay, back to my post. I have a lot of mid-section jiggle (hehe) and was wondering if there is anything out there, especially for runners, that would help with it. Since I've started running, I've had some rashes under my apron that I usually don't get (sorry if that's TMI). I'm sure it has to do with it rubbing during my runs. Anyone wear anything under clothes that helps with that?

I also put deoderant under my flap and places that seem to hold moisture when I sweet with exercise. This seems to prevent that aweful rash.

Thanks for the tip guys. I will try both.

Well, I did something tonight I didn't think I could do. It's been steady raining here since this afternoon, so I didn't get to run outside today. I took my butt to the YMCA and did my running on the treadmill! Luckily there was hardly anyone there. I thought to myself, now would be a good time to see how it goes, so I did it! I was worried about people staring at me and I was paranoid that it would sound and feel like an earthquake when I started running, but it didn't!! I took off my headphones to listen and by golly, it wasn't bad at all! I figured I would be stomping loud like the guy that annoys Bonnie so bad, lol.

Anyway, I think I actually did better on the treadmill. I honestly thought I was probably running about 4.0 mph outside but it was more like 4.5 mph. I was pleasantly surprised. I like the fact that it kept me at a steady pace. I know that's a little slow but I will work on speed later.

The run was wonderful. My breathing was much better and I had a good stride going. I think I will do another day of week 2 on Sunday and then move on to week 3 Tuesday.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!!

Edited by georgia girl
typo

Way to go Georgia. Most of the people at the gym are as self conscious as you are. Good for you for not letting anything stop your run today.

I am going to start week 6 day 1 tommorow. I am looking forward to running again. I can't believe I am starting to like this.