Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Couch to 5k.....come join me!!

:teeth_smile:Just think, if running gets usthis active; image what we will be up to in a year of running. Renewedhope will probably wear the 4 wheeler out from the top down!!

:teeth_smile:Just think, if running gets usthis active; image what we will be up to in a year of running. Renewedhope will probably wear the 4 wheeler out from the top down!!

omg - you should do stand up!!!

i have 2 quads that haven't been moved in a month....got some good ideas here!!!

Another slow day here today :omg_smile:

Oh well... I guess you all have lives! LOL

I did my run today. I did the week 7 run, but felt so good that I kept running through the cool down. So I ran a total of 30 min!!! I could have kept going too, but really had to pee!!! LOL

I then drove the distance to see how far it was... 3.5km. So I'm running at the speed of about 4.3 mph. I know its not that fast... but it's better than it was the other day and will continue to get better. Based on that speed, it will take me about 43 min to run a 5k.

Oh I love running outside! The weather was so nice today. Sunny, coolish and a light breeze. The coolest thing is when you cross paths with another runner and they give you the "nod"... you know, the "looking good, yeah you're a runner, hope you're enjoying your run" sort of nod! To ME! Who would have imagined that a year ago!!!

OK guys I need help, please. I made my way to week 4 with no problem did 2 days of it struggling and now i can not make myself run. I am still going to the gym and using the treadmill daily but i just can't get into the running. My question is do you think I need to go back to week 3 and progress a little slower or just keep struggling with week 4 until i can do it? I need advice I don't want to give up and I am really getting frustrated. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated I am feeling like a failure.

jbrad, everyone is different, but I hit a wall on week 4 as well. I just keep pushing it at week 4. Then I just started running for set amounts of time without the interval. It seemed to work for me and I enjoy it more. I just send a week at say 15 minutes, then the next week if I feel ready up it to 18 minutes. Ususally 2-3 minute increases works.

Someone else may have different advise or experiences.

Jeannie, I don't remember which week it was, but I had a very hard time with the 20 minute run. It seems that we al reach a week that really stretches us. Once you get over that hump it seems to get better, not easy by any stretch, but more doable. Hang in there!! We are rooting for you!!

I didn't exercise again today. I don't know what is up with me????? I am really tired too. My doctor recommended I go back to low carb/ reduced carb to get the last bit off before surgery. I think it is leaving me too zapped. Either that or I just need to get off my butt and do it!!

Jbrad - I started week 4 on Tuesday and today will be my second day running that program. I felt great on Tuesday so I'm really looking forward to my run. I hope I don't hit the wall this week! I have noticed that what I eat on the days I run can make or break me. Today I am keeping it very high Protein with tons of Water.

I do have another question though - at this point how far should I be running. I think I'm at about 2.2 miles, including cool down.

Jbrad... I hit the wall on week 4 too! It was really frustrating and demotivating. I didn't make it through the intervals on the 1st or 2nd run and almost did on the 3rd. I kept losing steam by the end interval. So I decided to move onto week 5 and see how I did. I did very well with the first 2 mixes of week 5, but struggled with the 20 min run (for 3 weeks!!). I finally achieved the 20 min run by taking it outside.

So my advice... move onto week 5, day 1, and see if you can do that mix. Then the next time you hit a wall, try running outside. I know its hot in Georgia... so might not be an option, but it worked for me. I progressed very quickly once I started running outside on my own steam. I'm now running 30 min, and that's just 1 1/2 weeks after hitting the 20 min mark. I'm also like Lynn... I have difficulty with intervals. Once I stop running and start walking, its really hard for me to get back into the groove of running again. I do better just steady running.

aclubb... don't worry about distance and speed right now. All you want to think about is amount of time. We are all different, as we all go different speeds. But if you need a comparison, when I was on week 4, I would do a total of 2 miles from start to finish including my cool down. So I think you're doing great. When I was on the treadmill, I was walking at 3.5 mph and running at 4.3 to 4.5. Now outside, its a rough guess, but I'm running at about 4.3 mph, so in 30 min I'm going just over 2 miles.

I didn't exercise again today. I don't know what is up with me????? I am really tired too. My doctor recommended I go back to low carb/ reduced carb to get the last bit off before surgery. I think it is leaving me too zapped. Either that or I just need to get off my butt and do it!!

hey renewed - i can't do low carb for just that reason, ZAPPED. no energy or very lightheaded after a workout/run. i don't go crazy w/carbs - but sure do include the complex ones from fruits/veggies/brown rice/whole grain toast/etc. each day. my trainer in fact today told me i need to up my "grains" since we just changed up my routine - which is going to include more weight training. so we'll see, the scale hasn't seen 125 in a few wks, this AM it was 126.5 - but i can really tell the weight training has been changing the definition of the body.

jbrad - i run inside and out. in North TX, it's pretty sticky right now - so when i do run on the treadmill....it is that much easier. if not mistaken, i did double of wks 4 & 5...repeating is not a bad thing...just listen to the bod.

aclubb - agree, don't pay attention to distance just yet. it will come.

for the workout -

yesterday - yoga class, wasn't up for running in the rain:tongue:

today - hr training session; hard to explain but 4 sets of 4 routines - double time of reps of 30. lots of core/ab - hamstring/squat - shoulder/bicep/tricep exercises & weights.....

have a good day all~

I am getting off my rump and getting on the treadmill after this post. I am adding healthy carbs back. I just don't have the energy without them. I am running a 5K on Sep 20. I registered for it this week. i can't slow down now.

Georgia, I hope you are getting settled in your new house. Sure do miss you!!

Where is everybody!!! Mamato, Leslie, SugarBean, Bonnie, Tootie?????

Whosya, what great running goals are you working towards these days?? I miss everyone's posts. Come guys, we can all do this, and if you aren't let us support you and help you get going again. I know I need a swift kick in the butt right now. Besides, if you are missing the x rated posts of Lyn and I lately then you are really missing out (or maybe we scared you away. LOL)

Guest Leslie2Lose

I am here - still lurking. I know I need to post more - but I haven't been running lately and feel like I don't belong...I have nothing to share and feel like a failure too.

DH has postal inspections this week and I haven't been able to go to the gym in the mornings. Crazy school week too with the kids - I did make it to the gym on Tuesday and am going to try to make it tomorrow.

I'm like Jeannie - I'm stuck at week 4. I'm thinking of taking it outside and starting week 3 over - just to make sure I don't overdo since I haven't ran in a while. I still have to buy me a new MP3 Player too. I'm full of excuses this week. I have no one to blame but myself for not doing it. I haven't given up though and am going to start back next week once life returns to normal.

Renewed - I'm giving you a swift kick in the rear. Hoping you'll return the favor. I've missed ya'll! (I know, my own fault).

I'm with you Renewed... I'm missing all of our friends!

Leslie... we missed you girl! Don't ever feel like a failure! You have come so far since your pre-banding days... just look at your progress photos if you need proof. Don't worry about taking a break from running... just don't let that break turn into a stop! If you find yourself "lurking" and not posting... just send a post and say "Hi Everyone". Then watch all the love and support flow in. We are all here to be friends and support buddies... even if you aren't running!

Same goes for everyone!

Luluc... wow, what a workout you've got planned. I plan to do my strength training session today. I think that has helped me jumpstart my weight loss a bit. I know it's certainly helped my shape! LOL

I went shopping yesterday to get the kids coats, as its getting a bit cool. While there, I checked out some clothes for myself... and I'm down a size!!! I now in a regular XL or size 18. Yeah!!!

I took a couple of pictures of myself. I'm posting them to my progress photo folder on my profile... but here they are. I took them in the mirror, so they aren't that clear (DH takes BAD pictures.. LOL), but I'm happy with them!

post-220980-13813137564825_thumb.jpg

post-220980-13813137565286_thumb.jpg

Guest Leslie2Lose

Kathy you look fabulous darling! Look at that waistline!!! I won't say you are shrinking down to nothing, because I hate it when people say that and I know I still have a long ways to go. You're doing wonderful and are such a great motivator. Thanks for being here for me!!! :-)

Kathy, YOu r pictures look great!! Keep it up.

Leslie, You are NOT a failure. That is the stinkin thinkin that led to our being overweight to start with. You are losing weight like crazy. Yes, I hope you get back to the gym soon, but if you never run again you are part of this support group!!!!!! I miss your comments. No more lurking. I am no longer doing the c25K. I just get ont he treadmill and run. I thought about going to the next podrunner for the 8K, but I think I am going to stay right here for a little while. This thread has turned into so much more than a c25k thread, so don't you go ANYWHERE!!!! Way to go on the weightloss! I am still so stuck!

I ran today. Only 25 minutes, but it was at 5.5 so that was pretty good. I need to slow down and run longer. maybe next time!!

Guest Leslie2Lose

I think I'm going to try Kathy's suggestion (from her PM - thanks girl) and take it outside. Rather than the podcast I'm just going to run and break when I need to. Try to build up from there. Do my own thing - it will be something different for me. I like my own music and DJ whats his face annoys the hell out of me.

I do miss all of you and thanks so much for your friendship and support. I feel like this is more than a C25K group too. We've all come so far - each and every one of us. I'm still doing the 5K in November - I've got to get back to seroius training if I'm going to be ready. I want to be able to jog most of it - it'll be great just to finish one! I'm aiming high.

I've got to go to a parent/teacher conference today for my eldest DD in a few minutes. Should prove to be interesting. I hope to get some answers and things sorted out by the time I leave. DD is driving me nuts! Yea for mom's everywhere!!!!