Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Couch to 5k.....come join me!!

Whosya... CONGRATULATIONS!!! You are amazing! One year after your first 5k and now you've run a 1/2 Mary! Great time too!

Welcome to all of the new runners, I hope you grow to love running as much as I do.

The weather seems to have turned into Spring, and it has been so beautiful out this weekend, so I ran Fri & Sat. I've fallen out of my routine a bit lately (since I was sick), that its been a little hard getting back into the right groove. I do love to run, but it seems so easy to let the day get away from me and then convince myself its too late to run. But certainly not this weekend. I actually ran in shorts and a Tshirt yesterday. Today was so busy and I was a bit achy, and it was soooo windy, that we chose a long walk with the kids.

Carol... I think you mentioned wondering why you have the compulsion to post after every run... well, I'm 9 months into running and I feel the same. It almost makes it real once you've posted it. The same with the Nike+... it makes it official. Keep it up... that's what we're here for.

My weight seems to have plateaued again. I think its going to be tough slugging now that I'm so close to the end. According to my body comp scale, I have about 53 lbs of body fat on me, so I have at most about 20-25 lbs left to lose. So that's going to be tough going since about 5-10lbs is loose skin :blink:. Oh well, I'm overjoyed with where I am now, so anything more is icing on the cake!

Also don't drink alcohol the night before.

I want to run a half mary now. I'm wondering if I can do it by the Fall?

Whosya, Congrats! I had no idea you were only a year out from your first 5K. You are truly and inspiration!!! Thanks for the pre-race tips. I'm running my first 5k May 9.

I'm also having surgery on my foot on May 19th, for a Morton's neuroma. Recovery for walking should be about 2 weeks, but not sure how long it will take to run again. I sure hope it doesn't set me back much.

Fri morning I ran with 21 year old DD and she couldn't keep up! She's fit and trim, but in her defense, she had mono about a month ago and is still feeling the effects. I ran again Sat for 3.6 miles! I was running around the block 1.2 miles per lap and only stopped once per lap for a quick sip of water! I feel much better about the race after that.

I did have some serious foot pain from the Morton's neuroma, and a mysterious new pain on the other foot, but I'm hanging in there!

Hi!

I just wanted to say thank you to all my well wishers for my Half Marathon today!!

Some of you have known me from the start. Last year i did the my FIRST 5k..the oshkosh 5k and 1 year on from that today i did the OshKosh 1/2 Marathon!

I started it all with the Couch to 5k!

I could bearly run for 1 min without dieing at first! so hang in there.

I fininshed in 2hour and 18 mins. 13.1 miles!

It felt awesome too! Last year it snowed but this year we had perfect weather. My pace was just below 10min miles for most of it.

Used my nike plus to pace me!

Bea and Carol thanks for the kind words!!!!! I REALLY apperciate it!!!!!

CONGRATS Whosya!!! You have come such a long a way! I'm so very proud of you! Great time too! You are rockin' it man!!

Short and sweet! Kathy u were right once again. W5D1...I DID IT!!! Blew right through it, Thursday for d2.

TC,

Carol

We did our track workout today and I fell and scraped my knee!

Got in 3 miles before it was time to cool down.

I just got back home from the gym and had a great run today! I decided to change things up a bit though. I watch The Biggest Loser and had always wanted to do the fast sprints like they do. They jump on and go really fast for about 30 seconds and jump off. Well, I ran 10 minutes straight, then did fast sprints for 30 seconds at a speed of 8.0 (really fast for me, lol). I walked about 60 to 90 seconds in between. It was really fun!

Are there any nike+ challenges going on right now?

Congrats Whosya on the frosty feeling challenge!!!

What are the 'Nike+ Challenges' i've seen mentioned on here?

Thanks!

Tkl

Nike+ challenges are running challenges on the nike website. You have to have an ipod nano and the nike+ sports kit. There's a sensor that goes in your shoe and a chip that plugs into your ipod. It records your run info and then you download it to the nike+ website. The challenges are just competitions between people...like "who can run the most miles in a month, or two months, etc". It's good motivation.

Are there any nike+ challenges going on right now?

None that I know of for LBT, the last 3 monther just ended.

Ahhhhh time to kick me in the butt!! Please! I've been so stressed out lately... work is piling up, the kids are driving me crazy, and $$$ (long story), that I have let myself slide on the running. I've only run 1x per week for the last 3 weeks. Each time seems harder and harder too. I'm going to have to get back into a routine and do some intervals to build back up.

Congrats on the progress everyone.

Carol... WTG on starting Wk 5

Suzanne... I'll be thinking of you on race day

Georgia... so glad to hear from you

I can set up another Nike+ challenge. If anyone has the Nike+ and hasn't participated in one of our LBT challenges, PM me your email address. If you've been in one, I'll just send it to you. I really need the motivation. It's Thurs now, so I'll have it start Sat and run for 4 weeks or so.

Ok the Nike+ "Spring Fling" challenge is set up. Starts Sat and runs until May 31. I've sent out the invites to everyone I know on the thread with a Nike+. If you have one and didn't get an invite... send me your email address.

Watch out everyone... I've decided to train for a half marathon so my miles will be going up in the challenges!