Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Couch to 5k.....come join me!!

Welcome Red! Congrats on your progress so far! I hear ya on the favourite part. That was my feeling as well. Now, I actually enjoy the time that I'm running (or at least some of it). That didn't happen until about week 8 or 9, just before I ran my first race. Take care of your feet, and enjoy the process.

Well I had a treadmill success last night. As I've mentioned, I really don't like running on the treadmill and my head usually gets in the way and I quit too soon. Last night I ran while my DS was playing video games and talked to him throughout the run (I was actually able to carry on a conversation throughout the run!!). Then I noticed that 30 min had passed and I was still running! So I did a total of 35 min, and it was almost 3 miles!!!

Way to go Kathy!!!

Today is my last "recovery" day. Tomorrow it is back to real life. I will still take it easily physically, but I have got to get back to eating very healthy like I was presurgery. So....I am going to drink a strawberry soda today and then only healthy food beginning tommorow.

BTW, DH is taking me on a date night either Friday or Saturday to buy new, smaller clothes. This is good incentive to eat healthy this weak. I don't want to be bloated for my date with DH.

Kathy - I see your ticker is moving too!!! We are both so close to our first goal and the 2nd goal is right around the corner. I think the fill has really helped both of us.

This fill has left me more restricted than ever. Almost too restricted. The hot tea is helping. After getting so comfortable with my band, I now have to remember to slow down with this fill.

Renewed - Does the strawberry soda bother your band. I have been afraid to drink one. Yea!!! for new clothes. You have come so far, I am so proud of you.

Welcome Red

Thanks for the welcome ladies!

I did week 3, day one today and actually made it through the 5 minute runs! Wow! My asthma kicked in a little and my foot was hurting a bit during the first 5 min run, but I made it!

I went to the local track--trying not to run on concrete more than one day a week. It felt a whole lot better on the feet.

Sugar, it doesn't bother my band if I sip it very slowly, but I wouldn't say it is a good band choice. That is why I am having it today. Some people can't drink sodas at all. All of us shouldn't. I can drink them very slowly.

Well, it seems I am finding less and less time to post. Unfortunately, I think that means I am less and less dedicated to my weight loss. I have been stuck at about the same weight for several months. Probably need a fill, but it is not in the budget as we lost our medical insurance when DH was converted to Long term disability. So that's it for blah news....

Now for good news. 1. DH is improving. He is moving about more and able to participate with physical therapy. It will probably be another few months before he is back to himself, but progress is good. 2. I am going on a mini vacation for Thanksgiving. YAY! I get to take my girls to Arizona to spend the holiday with my parents. I am so excited and I really need a few days. 3. I GOT THE JOB! I start Dec. 1st. I'll be a Health and Wellness Director for an assisted living residence.

Renewed - enjoy your date night! How fun will it be to get some new clothes!

Kathy - when you figure out the whole work full time and still find time to run thing... will you fill me in? LOL

Thankyou to all of you for letting me pop in and kind of be a running wannabe. I sure hope I can find time to start running again. I have never had anything else in my life give me such a personal sense of accomplishment. You'd think I would find time since it makes me feel so great....

mamato - Great news about your DH's improvement. Kudos for the new job. Enjoy your holiday trip. I am sure it will be nice to see your parents. You will get back into running when things settle down at your house. It took me awhile to get back exercising.

Congrats on the new job Mamato!! That's awesome!! Glad your hubby is doing better too!!

I have had a crazy busy weekend. We decided to try to get most of our Christmas shopping done over the weekend. We shopped till we dropped, lol. We still have to buy for our parents and our DS. We took care of all our neices, nephews, etc. We got a lot accomplished.

I haven't ran since Monday. I will run tomorrow. I'm getting a fill, thank goodness. It's so overdue. I've gained so much weight....it's ridiculous!! I'm very anxious to see how much Fluid I've lost this time. I'm pretty sure I have a slow leak and will eventually have to have surgery to fix it. Anyway, hopefully I'll be back at my ticker weight soon.

Mamato... YEAH!!!! Congrats! I know you really wanted this new job, so I'm really happy for you. Does this give you medical coverage? BTW, I'll certainly let you know when I figure out how to fit it all in! I tried to get up early this morning to run before work, but was way too tired. So I plan to run tonight! I'm fairly motivated right now as I'm so close to that Onderland # that I want to get there.

Renewed... Ohhh new clothes. Do you even know what size you are now? It must be such a rush!

Georgia... I'm usually such a late Xmas shopper, but this year I started shopping on eBay. My DS keeps mentioning gifts that are kind of hard to find, so I've found them on eBay and they are already on their way. Haven't done much else yet.

Sugar... we're both 1lb away from a big goal... we can do it! Now that I had part of my fill out, my restriction is ok. Its not super tight, but tighter than it was before. I can still eat, but it catches me in time before I do any major calorie damage.

Red... keep it up. Good plan to stay off the concreat when your feet hurt. although I love to run outside, I do feel it more compared to the treadmill.

Hope everyone's weather is nicer than mine. We've got a blizzard happening right now with it supposed to keep blowing all week. I'll have a foot or two of snow by the weekend if the weather report is accurate. Ughh.

Kathy - Do you plan to do something special for meeting your big goal? I was thinking about a pedicure, massage, or a new hairdo.

It is snowing here too. They are calling for 2-4 inches. Nothing like the blizzard up north. I wouldn't mind being on a 2-hour delay for school. It's to early for a snow day. It's no fun making those up at the end of the year.

I am going with the ladies from church on a shopping trip to Winston-Salem, NC on Friday night and Saturday. I hope to get quite a bit of my Christmas shopping done. I am almost done shopping for my DS. I need some stocking stuffers. I think I am finished with all of the neices and nephews. My list is getting smaller. Maybe I'll be finished this weekend.

Last year I did pretty much all of my Christmas shopping online, the day after Thanksgiving. I did a lot of shopping on the Old Navy website and got some great deals.

Well, I got my fill yesterday and I was missing 1cc of Fluid. They are still not too worried about it yet. My fill nurse said that my increase in exercise could be a big reason I keep losing fluid. She said that exercising brings your body temperature up, resulting in some evaporation of fluid. Any of ya'll ever lost fluid as a result of exercising???

Anyway, I'm just glad to be feeling some restriction again. I'm slowly sipping my Protein Shake and I feel restriction....YAY!! I just want to FINALLY get to my sweet spot and stay there. I've had the band for 14 months and I've never had really good restriction that has lasted more than a couple of weeks.

The site has been wacky this morning. This is the first time I have been able to get on.

Well, we had a snow day today. I am getting my house cleaned top to bottom for Thanksgiving. We have relatives coming to my parents house (20 minutes away) from Mass. and Florida. They will probably be stopping here too.

I stopped long enough to work out with my buddy Gilad. LOL. I plan on doing the elliptical later. I am still at 99 pounds. I want that 100 pounds gone so bad. Maybe tomorrow, or the next day.

Georgia - I have never heard of evaporating Fluid because you are exercising alot. It sort of makes sense. Girl, you must be boiling hot!!!

I've been having so many problems with this site since Sat., so hope this post works.

Georgia... I don't know, it sounds sort of suspicious to me. My girlfriend had a slow leak due to her port disconnecting, and at first she'd slowly lose restriction. Then it just came completely disconnected so she had to have surgery to reconnect the port to the tubing. That was about 1 year post implant, then it happened again in year 5 or so. Does your doctor do fluroscopy? If there was a leak, that would show it.

Sugar... I weighted in at exactly 200 this morning. I hate being just on the cusp. Just a little bit more! BTW, I tried to respond yesterday to you... I love your idea of rewarding our major milestone. So I mentioned it to my DH, and he agrees... So I'm planning on a pedicure when I hit 100lbs down!

I ran yesterday on the treadmill for 30 min. and really enjoyed it. Plan on a short run tonight just to get rid of the day.

Georgia... I don't know, it sounds sort of suspicious to me. My girlfriend had a slow leak due to her port disconnecting, and at first she'd slowly lose restriction. Then it just came completely disconnected so she had to have surgery to reconnect the port to the tubing. That was about 1 year post implant, then it happened again in year 5 or so. Does your doctor do fluroscopy? If there was a leak, that would show it.

Hey Kathy. No, they do not do fills under fluroscopy. I wish they did. It's funny you mention that because I talked to my fill nurse about my port. It has shifted a bit. They are still able to access it, so it isn't causing a problem right now. Maybe a stitch popped loose or something.

I really don't think that my loss of Fluid is completely due to evaporation. All of us on here exercise a lot and no one else seems to have this problem. I dunno, I'm just hoping this fill will last a while.

I ran for a little bit last night outside. I couldn't run long because it was pretty cold. My throat is sore this morning too. I'm going to make sure I run today before the sun goes down.

Have a great day ya'll!!