Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kareyquilts, Mimin, Ghost & BJean The Final Push

Thanks Salsa! That really supports what I have been thinking. In fact, I was just talking to DH. He thinks that I don't eat as much as I thnk I do. He is concerned that my calories aren't enough to support my exercise. I do not plan to do low carb from now on, but thought I would do it until I am at goal. DH was saying that I may have reached a point the my body doesn't need such an "unbalanced" plan.

As far as how I want to eat for life...I want to eat whole, unprocessed foods. I want to add back healthy fruits and veggies, and whole grain pastas. I have always exercised some and have a very muscular frame, however, since I recently increased my exercise and started running I seem to lack energy. I think I need more carbs to support the extra exercise. I am actually starting to enjoy running so stopping that is absolutely not an option.

I just don't want to stop low carb and stop losing, but I certainly don't want to lose muscle either.

The progress you have made is awesome. I really value the opinion of all you ladies who have been so successful. Yesterday I was kinda freakin out. I freaked out all the way to the hot fudge sundae I ate. Now that was helpful wasn't it. Now that I have calmed down I do realize that I just need to tweak things to keep losing well. That fear of going backwards creeps in every so often.

I am going to low carb it until I get well into ketosis again (my sundae knocked me out) and then I am going to add back healthy carbs and go from there.

Renewed: On the Diet Power program, you will notice a tab for exercise. When you exercise the program credits calories so that you can or should eat more. I think that low carb is alright and you are on a mission to PS, but I don't think it's a healthy life style and sounds like you probably agree. On the Body Bugg website, they have a lot of excellent information about what your body needs before a workout. I followed that advice and had protien before my workout, and a carb and sometime protien after. It really helped and I continued to lose weight as long as I kept within my calorie intake/deficeit. I guess it's a little scary to experiment when you want to be a certain weight my plastic surgery, but I think that Salsa gave you some great advice.

I seem to be tolerating my food better after going on liquids for 2 days. I haven't pb'd yet, thank goodness, but there is still have bothersome tight feeling that could turn into pb. Do you think I should get a slight unfill or sit tight?

Karey - How many days do you have left on this diet? Do you have to pay for your fills? I guess those would be the 2 things that I would think of. I always advocate unfills because staying on the looser side worked for me, but I was eating double the calories that you are. I guess if you could get a bit of an unfill for the duration of the diet and then perhaps get a fill if you need it afterwards that could be an option. i don't have to pay for fills but the drive is 12 hours round trip, so I am very cautious.

I hate that "am I or am I not" going to PB feeling.

Salsa: I hate that feeling so much! I have to pay $150 for fill or unfill now. I have about 20 days left on the HCG diet. I guess I'm going to take a wait and see attitude for a little longer, but my tolerance for this stuff isn't very high!

Okay today is my birthday. I notice that my profile automatically changed my age. A little big brother, don't you think! Yesterday was my first day back to solids. I did alright for lunch, but dinner didn't go too well. I pb'd all night and day I can hardly hold down Water. I don't feel well at all. I went to my work out with my trainer and got a lecture about how I'm pushing my body too hard, etc. He might be right, I'm starting to think so. I'm going to call the lap band doc today, because I can't go on like this. I hope she will get me in today. I can't keep on this diet if I keep pbing. I'm very frustrated. I just want to be a star and excel at something. Oh well, I let you know if i get into the doctors today! Wish me luck!

Hi Karey, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I've got one coming up on Friday. We are both good cancer girls. Another reason I like you!

I'm sorry things aren't going well right now. You probably are pushing yourself too hard. Who knows why our bands tighten up on us. Sometimes it is just crazy. Maybe working your abs so hard has had an impact or maybe the stress of this strict diet you are on has caused the problem. Whatever the case it does sound like your going to have to get a little unfill. I hope they will be able to see you today.

As for being a star and excelling at something, HELLO! You have done an amazing job of losing weight and getting fit. You've taken control of your life and made so many positive changes. In my book you are a LBT super star! You have helped so many of us by sharing your experiences; the ups and downs. Like I've said before I appreciate that you were one of the ones who paved the way for me to get through my plastic surgery. Maybe you are feeling a little down now because of another birthday and the band troubles, but I'm here to say that you are an awesome lady with lots and lots of successes to be proud of.

I hope you get some relief today and can enjoy your birthday. Becky

karey if I could come get you in my car and take you to the doctor, I would do it. And I'm not even supposed to drive yet. Dang it girl, you have to have an unfill. Denial ain't just a river in Egypt, you know.

You are going to hurt something and then where will you be?! Seriously, just before my attack of ischemic colitis, I had gone for an unfill because they insisted on it. I happened to mention that I was coughing a little after meals and not able to eat much. They are learning that they have to spend more time counseling their LB patients on the dangers of being overfilled than on explaining about too little fill.

They have made a believer out of me. When I was overfilled it was practically impossible to lose weight. I know that is contrary to everything we tend to read here. But for some of us it is absolutely accurate and we can't be so stubborn as to ignore the symptoms.

Karey it is dangerous! Don't be a martyre!!!! I know you care about yourself, so dang it girl, insist on getting in today!

Otherwise, Happy Birthday young lady.

Yep Karey...I agree with them. At this point you HAVE to get an unfill.

And you are a star. Why do you think that Frangi, Becky and I turned to you when it came to PS? You have been my role model. Please take care of yourself.

I think its unanimous. Let us know if your band doc gets you in today. He really should if he understands you're having problem with even Water.< /p>

Karey!!! Happy Birthday to you!

I wonder if the HCG is causing hormone fluctuations that is making your band seem tighter?? Progestins (which increase during pregnancy) cause lots of the bad side effects including swelling - Not certain what effect HCG has on that.

I hope you feel better and get an un-fill! Hang in there!! You are doing FABULOUS!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I thing you are FABALOUS! You have come such a long way. You are a STAR, a bright shining one for all of us here who need to be inspired by your light. Hope you were able to get that un-fill.

Laura

Well, I'm reading all the well wishes and I'm almost in tears! Thanks for the outpouring of support and caring. I really felt it, even in cyberspace! I did make it into my band doctor today. She took out half of my total band fill. I already feel better. Tomorrow morning I am scheduled for an upper GI to make sure my band hasn't slipped. I pray it hasn't, because I really depend on this band! My doc also told me that the HCG may be causing the band tightness. Who would have thought? I guess I'll just try everything out so you guys won't have to!? I'll see how I do now on the diet. If I can keep food down, then I'm going to stay on it. I really really want to make my goal. If I continue to have problems than of course, I will take care of myself and quit the diet and get my body bugg back on and take it more slowly! I've also decided that I am going to have to have more calories on the days I weight train. I'm not going to give it up for this diet and I can't do it on the amount of calories I'm getting. I think I'll just have a really good protien shake before my workout? Does that sound reasonable? Would something else be better? Anyway, none of my children have called yet to wish me a happy birthday. Dang their little hides, I hope they don't forget!

Karey- glad you were able to get your unfill and I agree it has to be hard on your body to do that much exercise without enough calories. An extra Protein Shake should help and likely boost your metabolism more!

I'm personally struggling yall- had a bad eating day yesterday. I go to a meeting 2 x a month and they have these M&M Cookies. I budgeted for one (calorie wise) and ended up going of on a major binge and can't figure out why it happened. No real reason.

Its driving me nuts that its taking me so long to get these last 20 lbs off!

Oh well, today is a new day!

:)

good luck everyone!

Karey, so glad to hear about the unfill. I hope it makes the difference you need. I'm sure the upper GI will be normal and give you some peace of mind.

I had a nerves issue before my PS and got too tight suddenly. I had to have a little unfill and an upper GI which revealed that everything was normal. I hope you get the same good news.

Well how did your birthday turn out? Did the kids call? I've got one who always remembers and one who calls at the last minute (I think after his dad or brother calls to remind him). They're young and carefree and thinking of things besides mom. Even if they don't call it doesn't mean that don't adore us!

Mcgreen, no big deal on the Cookies. Even skinny people binge on cookies (or ice cream) every once in a while. Keep plugging away. You'll get there.