Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kareyquilts, Mimin, Ghost & BJean The Final Push

I'm back! Thank you Karey for the PM, it sent me an email and kick my butt back in here.

This swelling has been a major pain in the arse. I have had to wear compression garments from toe to boobs, cut out as much sodium as possible and drink drink drink Water.... I hate Water :cool: I have also been referred to a lymphadema center and will start treatments next week. I am very suprised at how sore I still am, granted it has only been 3 weeks. On the scale I am showing 183lbs, 10lbs down but it is just Fluid loss.

I am walking the neighborhood but physical activity promotes swelling - UGH! I miss the gym and my spinning class but there is no way I can do that right now.

I went with my fiance on Wednesday for his first fill and while I was there I decided to get a small adjustment. I was able to eat quite a bit of food so now I'm back down to 2/3s a cup at a meal. We rid our house of all the junk and both are back ontrack.

Karey: WOW, 8lbs already!! Congrats! Once I'm functioning normally I think I'm going to give the diet a try.

Has anyone tried the Achiev One coffee drinks? I am a big fan of the store bought stackbucks fraps that have no nutritional value at all but they're goooood.... My Dr's office sells them and I bought a few and OMG they are awesome. They are non-fat 120 cal, 5 carbs and 20 grams of protien. It's my new morning drink.

mimin, I just googled those drinks. They look great. Do you warm them in the microwave. The don't have any type of variety pack on their website. You have to order 12 of one flavor. Let us know which ones are really good. I wish I could order 1 of each to see which one I would drink. I have had to give up my Starbucks addiction, but I do love some coffee. Right now I drink coffee with sf french vanilla or hazelnut Creamer. It's pretty good.

Mimin: See we need you on this thread. You're already helping others with your good ideas. I've never heard of a lymphadema center before. I'll be curious to find out what they'll do to you there. I had lymphatic massages when I had my TT and I swear it made a huge difference in my swelling. Wonder if they'll do that? Please keep us informed.

SheSmiles: Feel free to post here as you're working on your last few pounds. It seems that life is always throwing us curve balls. My unfill after plastic surgery reallly opened my eyes to how much I depended on my fill. It was really humbling because I thought I was such an expert and so in control, but I started trying things I hadn't been able to eat in a year and half like reuben sandwiches and hamburgers and instead of losing weight after plastic surgery, I gained 4 pounds. Not being able to exercise is the pits too. Glad you're doing better!

RenewedHope: Please join our dialog. Sounds like your right here with the rest of us! How exciting that you're getting close to plastic surgery. I can't tell you how it will change your body image and really let you know how much you have accomplished with your weight loss. When I was where you are at, I got a personal trainer who started me with weight lifting. I didn't know much about it and was very intimadated by the machines and the whole scene. I was also scared to get a trainer, too many of those drill sargent images sprang to mind, but I carefully chose my trainer and it made all the difference. Of everything I've ever done to get in shape the weight training and trainer has made the biggest difference. After my surgery, when I couldn't use my abs very much, I was able to do squats and move in ways that I wouldn't have been able to if I hadn't been in such good shape. Also, think that my recovery was so good, because I was in such good shape. Anyway, please join us here with your ideas, frustrations and acheivements!

Thanks Karey. I have read yalls ps threads and I can't wait. I have exercised regualrly since being banded, so hopefully I am in good shape for my surgery. I am have been reluctant to do too much weight lifting, because initially I willg ain weight. I know it is muscle and the more muscle you have the more fat you burn. So.....in the long run it is very beneficial. I just have to convince my scale obsessed brain to chill and do what is best for my body.

This is probably sooo silly, but when I am dressing I often stand sideways in the mirror and lift my lap. I would be really small without that flap on my lap. Will it really all go away?? Will I really have a flat tummy. I can't even imagine it. I am sooo ready to be there.

I have a bodybugg too. I have not worn it in quite some time. I am not going to pull it out now, but if my weight stalls I will definately use it to stay on track!

Renewedhope: I use to grab my flap too and yes it will go away! I call it my "painful miracle!" You will love the flatlands! LOVE IT, LOVE IT!

Renewedhope: My favorite is the Java Mocha and Vanilla Bean. The Hazelnut is good but I didn't try the Cappuccino. You probably could microwave them but they are meant to be drank chilled, much like the Stackbucks fraps. I bought mine at my dr's office where they sell them individually. He has an estore but they aren't on there yet; if you emailed them and asked they may sell them to you individually ($4 each from him). The Band Doctor

I am really bad on liquid calories because I love things like fraps and high surgar crud so these are an awesome replacement for my beloved starbucks!

Karey: I need this thread too, when I stay active on the forum I keep on track. The support is what I need!

Renewed: I use to do the same thing and would lift the flap and think "wow if only this were gone" and I never could totally envision what it would be like without it because I had it so many years. I had an LBL at the end of November and it's the most amazing thing to have no tummy! Now I just need to get rid of these "love handles"!

Hello Ladies,

I want to put my bid in to join this thread :). I had initially put my goal as 180, only because it was less than 200 pounds and I couldn't even imagine being at 200, much less below. Well I have been hovering between 180 and 181 for about 10 days now, and I do realize that I can achieve much, much more!!!!

I think I need to change my goal to 160 now. It actually sends goose bumps through my whole body to even think about it :lol:. Because I have had carried so much weight over the years (as you can see from below I have been at least 409 pounds) my skin is in horrible condition and I am carrying a huge amount of extra skin and fat in my abdomen and arms :thumbup:, so I am a little worried that 160 isn't realistic, but what the hay!!!!!

Karey - will you let BJean know that she is in our thoughts and prayers? I have been living with an ileostomy (done by emergency due to to diverticular disease and bowel obstruction) for the last 2 plus years and am scheduled for a bowel resection (plus MAYBE ileostomy reversal and MAYBE Tummy Tuck at the same time :lol:) on September 9 and I know how scary this all can be. I have lots of experience with all the issues surrounding colon stuff, so if I can be of any support or assistance, let the family know I would be happy to help!

Thanks for being such a positive influence on the rest of us!!!!

Jacquie

Jacquie: I'm sure when BJean gets back on her feet, she'll read your post, but if not, I'll pass it on. You have come a long ways! Congratulations. Of course you can join the challenge. The more the merrier! What's your plan for getting off the last 20? If you get your TT in September that is a perfect time to try and get whatever you can off. Sounds like you've had some challenges, but good things are coming. Keep us posted!

I had totally missed your post about Bjean, Karey. Gosh I hope she's ok!

Thanks Karey

My Plan:

1000-1200 calories per day

1-2 hours of exercise, 4-5 times per week (cardio and strength)

I have been exercising very hard over the last six months (combination of eliptical, treadmill and sprint circuit (think Curves)). Anyways most days I am going between 5-8 miles (according to the machines).

The last two weeks I have been toying with the idea of jogging on the treadmill (scares the you know what out of me). This week, I have been doing 10-15, 30 second jogs, with 1 minute walks in between. I will have to see how it goes, as I am having trouble thinking I can get my endurance up. I am "glowing" in a rather extreme way at the end of the intervals :biggrin:

Like you, I want to be as fit as I can be before my surgery in September. Whether or not I actually get a Tummy Tuck, I will be losing about a foot of my colon and will have a very large incision to show for it. I have had a number of surgeries in the past, but never when I was actually fit, so I am hoping it will help my recovery.

Thanks for letting me join!!!!!

Jacquie

Jacquie: Your plan sounds really great. I'm so impressed with all you've accomplished, especially given your health issues. I bet you'll do a lot better with your surgery this time around. Being in shape really does make a difference! Instead of just plain jogging, why not just do intervals and jog for a while (minutes) and then back to walking. Research shows that interval training is the most effective fat burning method. Keep on posting.

I am down 2 more pounds this morning! That puts be 24 from PS!!!!! I can't wait. It is all i think about. I think I am becoming rather obsessive. I have read that you lose from 10 - 15 pounds of skin with the surgery (thighs, tummy breasts, arms). Am I reasonable to think that if I get to 150 before my PS that the surgery itself will get me close to my goal of 135???? If my thinking is right, then, in my mind, my real goal is 150 and then finish it out with PS.

FINALLY, this swelling is starting to give! I am obsessed with the scale and am on it every day and today it reads 175! A far cry from the 193 just 2 weeks ago. :party:

I am down 2 more pounds this morning! That puts be 24 from PS!!!!! I can't wait. It is all i think about. I think I am becoming rather obsessive. I have read that you lose from 10 - 15 pounds of skin with the surgery (thighs, tummy breasts, arms). Am I reasonable to think that if I get to 150 before my PS that the surgery itself will get me close to my goal of 135???? If my thinking is right, then, in my mind, my real goal is 150 and then finish it out with PS.

FYI don't tell the PS your goal is 135. I told the truth like that and I was told that they didn't do PS until you were at your goal. I am sure everywhere is different but just in case! lol... I only lost 8 pounds from surgery though, so I was glad I was already at goal.