Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

CIBO Clinic (toronto)

Hi everyone,

I have my first consultation at the CIBO clinic in Toronto and was interested in getting some feed back from anyone choosing them.

I've seen lots of championing of the TLBC but was drawn to CIBO because of the "mental" support described on their site.

would love to hear everyones thoughts, experiences.

I've just begun my research and would appreciate an info.

thanks

-a

I did consider CIBO ,back in the winter along with SWLC, and TBLC. I decided to go with The Surgical Weight Loss Centre. I'm having the procedure done on July 3rd by Dr. Mumford. Good luck with your search and choose the one you feel the best about.

E.L.:)

I did consider CIBO ,back in the winter along with SWLC, and TBLC. I decided to go with The Surgical Weight Loss Centre. I'm having the procedure done on July 3rd by Dr. Mumford. Good luck with your search and choose the one you feel the best about.

E.L.:tt2:

Thanks E.L. Can I ask why you choose the Surgical Weight Loss Centre over all the other centres in toronto? It's a bit overwhelming.

thanks

Hi I was banded three weeks ago on June 6, I was done by Dr. Yau at TLBC. I made that choice because based on my research he has done over 1500 lap band procedures. That was the most important factor to me -- experience.

I felt I wanted the best surgeon as that was one aspect I have no control over. Everything that comes afterwards is up to me and how I behave and work the tool I now have.

Best of Luck with your decision. Any questions don't hesitate to ask.

Cheers!

Marilyn

Hi disolvegirl: Good for you in doing your research. Research old links and ask questions. No matter how trivial or small they may seem. Don't skimp on aftercare either. Support is vital. That can turn out to be one of the most expensive parts of the journey particuarly if you live a long distance from the clinic. SWLC has a network of fill nurses/doctors across Canada and TLBC is working hard to do the same. You will find that many doctors/nurses will not do fills for anyone but their own patients. You will also find different charges for fills. So make sure you have a backup plan for fills. The personal example I can give you is for me to fly to Toronto to get my FREE fill, I have to pay airplane tickets, hotel, meals, taxi etc. I had my local GP lined up for fills, but he backed out. TLBC helped me find a doctor in Vancouver that took on my care. Now I only have to fly back for surgical intervention such as I did in June. I had my port corrected. So no matter which clinic or doctor you chose, bear in mind the unforseen. Hope this helps you on your journey. :angry:

Thanks Doddie, it truly is more like 5 weeks as I lost 10 on the pre-op diet. I wasn't sure how to make the ticker show that. . . .lol

I am just going into the soft foods phase..... so tonight I am making a pot of White Bean Turkey Sausage Soup for the upcoming week and it smells very yummy!!!

pamperedmoon. Hey, it is great. Your starting weight doesn't have to be different for any other weight loss. You are well on your way and it sounds like you can cook too. Not my strength.

Hi Disolvedgirl !

There were lots of reasons why I chose The Surgical Weight Loss Centre. I have been in contact with them for about 7 months (surgery in 3 more sleeps!) and every phone call, email and face to face visit has been kind, curteous, professional and caring. They have been very supportive and patient with me on all the trials and tribulations I endured to secure the procedure financially and with all the tons of questions and concerns I have had all along the way. I met in person with my surgeon, Dr. David Mumford, at my consultation and he has also personally phoned me to give me info about concerns that I had. In addition to all the support through all the profesionals at the SWLC, they have an awesome, supportive patient forum that is quite active. All your questions and concerns can be posted to fellow bandsters and you can also chat live with the members! I felt really at ease with this particular centre.

E>L>

I chose the SWLC because not living in the Toronto area I was concerned about having fills done for me and like Doddie said, SWLC has a great network of Docs willing to fill their patients. Dr. Cobourn flies down and personally trains them as he did here in Edmonton where I am. My fill Doctor is totally comfortable giving fills for SWLC patients but he won't fill for any other Doctor.

becca: I am glad you made this statement. It is common to read some individuals think that once a doctor is trained, they will do fills for anyone. NOT!

Hi everyone,

I have my first consultation at the CIBO clinic in Toronto and was interested in getting some feed back from anyone choosing them.

I've seen lots of championing of the TLBC but was drawn to CIBO because of the "mental" support described on their site.

thanks

-a

I agree with Doddie, research, research that's the key to success and a happy outcome.

There are things that CAN go wrong with lapband and you need to be sure they'll be looked after in a timely fashion, and for FREE! You don't want to be paying and repaying for $16,000.

Also, how many fills and years of aftercare will your clinic give you? 5 years? or follow up care for LIFE??? there is a big difference.

Hi I was banded three weeks ago on June 6, I was done by Dr. Yau at TLBC. I made that choice because based on my research he has done over 1500 lap band procedures. That was the most important factor to me -- experience.

I felt I wanted the best surgeon as that was one aspect I have no control over. Everything that comes afterwards is up to me and how I behave and work the tool I now have.

Best of Luck with your decision. Any questions don't hesitate to ask.

Cheers!

Marilyn

Maryilyn; You DID choose the best surgeon. Dr. Yau is awesome and precise... he stands by his work and like you mentioned he's done more surgeries PERSONNALY than any one else in Canada.
becca: I am glad you made this statement. It is common to read some individuals think that once a doctor is trained, they will do fills for anyone. NOT!

Personally, I like to go right back to my clinic for fills or unfills... unlike some I am 2 1/2 hour drive away.. so I just have gas expenses to consider.

Definetly, I am GLAD I decided not to go to Mexico...:lol:

Hi everyone,

thanks

-a

Hi Dissolved Girl,

I am a recent patient of CIBO. I had my surgery performed in April and I must say, I LOVE that clinic. The support that they have shown me, pre-op and post op is service that I have never received before in the medical industry. Joanne and Nisrene have displayed patience with me, calling them every day to ensure that I am feeling what I am suppose to be feeling. I must be driving them nuts with my questions, but I want to succeed at this just as much as they want me to succeed. They spend all the time that I need them to spend with me and they don't make me feel like I am imposing. Dr. Misra is also very wonderful. She always hugs me when she see's me and is available to answer my questions. She encourages me that I am doing great and that I am succeeding. I have lost a total of 40 lbs (pre and post op) and looking forward to loosing even more. I am very confident that I did choose the right clinic with CIBO. I did visit TLBC and to tell you the truth they were ok but I did not feel the "family environment" that includes love, and patience, and understanding that I felt when I had my consultation with CIBO. I have consulted with everyone in the clinic and I felt very comfortable expressing my fears and challenges and they litterally have taken me under their wings (the angels that they are) and are walking in my shoes, with me, through their continual support and encouragement.

I loooove CIBO and I encourage anyone that is looking into having the surgery performed to visit with CIBO so that you are able to see first hand, what it is that they have offered to me that made me fall in love with them, but most importantly, what they have given me to fall in love with myself!

Good luck!

Hi fightingtolose,

That is so awsome that you have had such a great experience!:smile2: It is very important to feel the way you do about the clinic you have chosen to care for you. You have done well so far, congrats!! How far post-op are you?