Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

CIBO Clinic (toronto)

hi, i was banded by cibo a week ago yesterday. this of course was all new to me, i did alot of reasearch and iam pleased with them thus far. pls feel free to ask me anything

if i can be of help

they have 2 surgeons, dr misera and a dr sullivan, misera did mine, my wife is a rn and has known misera since she was a resident. really skillled and really upbeat.

My Doctor is talking about referring me to Dr. Sullivan in Toronto if I can't get it done in Ottawa. Does anyone know what he/she charges for a lap band and how long the wait is at this time

Caribou,

If you don't mind me asking, did you have to pay and if so, how much? I am just finding out that OHIP doesn't pay and I doubt that I can afford it.

Thanks

I am so glad that you are considering something other than TLBC (now Slimband). I wish I had not chosen TLBC. Their post operative support is terrible even though on paper it looks like they have a lot of stuff. I have been unable to get personalized support for my circumstances. You are told to just go to classes and that personal nutritional consultations are not possible. I could tell you tons of stories. TLBC has changed a lot in the last year and it feels like I am being herded along rather than people listening to my issues and offering solutions. I have been banded for one year and have only managed to loose 15 pounds even though I run 30 km per week and do 3 hours of personal training sessions per week. I feel like I made the wrong choice for sure.

Do your homework very carefully before choosing a clinic.

Hi everyone,

I have my first consultation at the CIBO clinic in Toronto and was interested in getting some feed back from anyone choosing them.

I've seen lots of championing of the TLBC but was drawn to CIBO because of the "mental" support described on their site.

would love to hear everyones thoughts, experiences.

I've just begun my research and would appreciate an info.

thanks

-a

You CIBO people out there... do you have any updates on how things are going in terms of the quality of services you've received?

I met with Dr. Misra today and she says she has done 700 lap band surgeries in addition to the thousand or so general laproscopic abdominal surgeries she's done. Lordie I hope she's older than she looks, which is about 12 years old.

I'd love to know how she has come up with 700 lapbands done considering they've only been open a year or so. I was banded at SWLC and they have done over 2000 in 4 years and they are super busy and operate 5 days a week. There's only a handful of their patients that ever post and you'd think if she had done 700, there would be more posting not just a half dozen or so. I belong to numerous bandster sites and her name seldom comes up as anyone's surgeon.

:smile:Allo from the East Cost.

I had my lapband in August 08. I lost 60 pound so far. I read diligently all the comments from Canada's banders. I do not feel alone that way.

In NB, we have one doc who does banding with a waiting list of 5-6 years. We have a second new doc in Bathurst (Thanks God) for those who need that procedure done faster. Now he is very busy.

I choose to selfpaid my procedure in Montreal (Rockland clinic) The best !!! (16 000$)

Now, I just want to tell you that for any info about your doctor you go on

Browse Doctors | RateMDs.com

(Rate my doctor from Gooble)

This is a website which rates any doctors of many countries : USA, CANADA.... and it is FREE. So save it in your favorite for now on, and you can check any comments of regular patients like you satisfied or not, about their Doctors.

I hope this will help and pass the word. The better we communicate, the better we are informed.

Sorry for my English and take care of yourself.

Madame Suzanne :bored:

She definitely hasn't done 700 bandings at CIBO but she also has something going on at Mac, plus she used to practise in California. I do believe that's where most of her work was done. I'm betting that she's including all the patients she only assisted on, not was the main surgeon.

I went to TLBC (now Slimband) and I called yest to get a De-fill appt... now I sent a FAX, an EMAIL, and telephoned and left 2 messages...

I have YET to hear from them yest or today!!!

Wats up wif that???

She definitely hasn't done 700 bandings at CIBO but she also has something going on at Mac, plus she used to practise in California. I do believe that's where most of her work was done. I'm betting that she's including all the patients she only assisted on, not was the main surgeon.

I think you might be correct here. Most surgeons only count the ones they actually perform not sit in on or assist.

My Lapband is scheduled for August 24th, 2009 at CIBO in Toronto. This clinic is tops in my book for its integrity, honesty and acceptance. Of course, since I have worked in the public health care system, utilizing private care is for me, a treat. Looking forward to finally finding a tool that will help me with a life long battle. CIBO you are here to stay!!

I am so glad that you are considering something other than TLBC (now Slimband). I wish I had not chosen TLBC. Their post operative support is terrible even though on paper it looks like they have a lot of stuff. I have been unable to get personalized support for my circumstances. You are told to just go to classes and that personal nutritional consultations are not possible. I could tell you tons of stories. TLBC has changed a lot in the last year and it feels like I am being herded along rather than people listening to my issues and offering solutions. I have been banded for one year and have only managed to loose 15 pounds even though I run 30 km per week and do 3 hours of personal training sessions per week. I feel like I made the wrong choice for sure.

Do your homework very carefully before choosing a clinic.

Just a note, I hope in the right place here. I was banded by CIBO, Dr. Misra on August 24th, 2009. I cannot say enough about the support and precision with which my surgery day was carried out.

Even though I am 4 hours from Toronto, I have had any question answered within minutes or an hour via email or telephone.

The weight is melting off; I am following the rules cited in the patient handbook and looking forward to my first fill on Oct 5th.

To anyone who reads this, please consider the post op care and attention provided by any clinic before you sign your name.

At CIBO, the truth seems to what they are building their business on; and the truth is what we patients require both pre and post op.

K