Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Time to get real and face reality

This post is just so I can "get it out there" and make a declaration to begin again!

I was banded 6/1/07. Did GREAT until November of 2007. Went from 284 to 209.5! Then the weight loss stopped...shortly after I started working again at a sedentary job (was a stay at home mom).

Now, I've creeped up 16 pounds!

I take full responsibilty. I stopped regular exercise. I started drinking my calories in the form of frappucino's from starbucks and moo-late's from DQ! I ate a lot of ice cream (see a trend in the chilly treats??). I let myself get too tight, had a complete unfil...jumped 10 pounds in two weeks while unfilled!!! Then I got refilled and it was a little snug. Now I'm at a perfect fill, but still didn't lay off the icy treats and am now 16 pounds up! Yep 225.5!

SO, today...I woke up...prayed...asked for help...then realized...um, God gave us our own wills and I have to decide what I want more...moo-late's and frappucino's? or to be healthy and fit?

I am choosing to start fresh today! Be brutally honest with myself...yet not beat myself up! Hey, many people would KILL to be down to 225.5! I'm still down 58.5 pounds! But I HAVE to get a grip because the band is a tool that I have NOT been using. I need to USE my band and make better choices!

Well...this is my new beginning...I just wanted to journal it here for accountability purposes.

Thanks for reading.

We are all here pulling for ya! You can do it. I haven't lost an ounce for a few months now, like you, totally my fault. I had a fill yesterday so i'm back on the band-wagon again. I want to lose those last 20 - 40 pounds!!

Good luck and keep us posted.

Thank God for new beginnings. You can do this. Just look up how many calories are in those lattes and Moo's. I think I remember 700 or more for the DQ one. That alone should motivate you to stay away from them. You can always try to come up with a sugar free, low fat alternative and still have your treat. Best of luck on your new start.

This post is just so I can "get it out there" and make a declaration to begin again!

I was banded 6/1/07. Did GREAT until November of 2007. Went from 284 to 209.5! Then the weight loss stopped...shortly after I started working again at a sedentary job (was a stay at home mom).

Now, I've creeped up 16 pounds!

I take full responsibilty. I stopped regular exercise. I started drinking my calories in the form of frappucino's from starbucks and moo-late's from DQ! I ate a lot of ice cream (see a trend in the chilly treats??). I let myself get too tight, had a complete unfil...jumped 10 pounds in two weeks while unfilled!!! Then I got refilled and it was a little snug. Now I'm at a perfect fill, but still didn't lay off the icy treats and am now 16 pounds up! Yep 225.5!

SO, today...I woke up...prayed...asked for help...then realized...um, God gave us our own wills and I have to decide what I want more...moo-late's and frappucino's? or to be healthy and fit?

I am choosing to start fresh today! Be brutally honest with myself...yet not beat myself up! Hey, many people would KILL to be down to 225.5! I'm still down 58.5 pounds! But I HAVE to get a grip because the band is a tool that I have NOT been using. I need to USE my band and make better choices!

Well...this is my new beginning...I just wanted to journal it here for accountability purposes.

Thanks for reading.

Musicalmomma, What you point out is soooo important for us all to remember. WE are the ones that have to do the work. And WE are the ones that have to use that tool. Too many people use excuses and situations they think are beyond their control when in reality most things can be controlled with a little planning AND owning up to the fact, like you did, that YOU need to do this. We all need to be reminded sometimes that we CAN do this. Thanks for smacking us with reality, we need it! lol Good luck on your new beginning. I know you can reach your goal.:(

good for you for catching yourself before it was too late. i've been gradually getting more use to the idea that the band is a took and not a self-operating machine. I kind of wish that more emphasis had been placed on the tool part before I had surgery... it probably was but i was probably too busy daydreaming about my new body. Anyway, good luck.

I'm in the same boat! I was banded in Sept, lost 70 pounds, and am creeping up.

I love the icy treats, and am doing the WW program to support my daughter. I had a complete unfill in Feb, gained 10 pounds during that time period, and am now filled to an OK point. Not too tight, but not too loose. The icy treats go down nicely, though, no matter the fill level.

TODAY IS A NEW START. I am right there with you!!! I've got lunch and dinner planned, I'm staying on plan today.

Keep in touch and let us know how you're doing. This thread was an inspiration for me. I need this, too... :( Thank you.

Edited by Gone4Now

Guest Leslie2Lose

Thanks for posting musical mom. Thanks also for your honesty. You're not whining or blaming anyone or anything else for your choices. Good for you!

I'm usually not a big ice-cream eater myself. When it's hot though it does call your name. I'd been wanting some cheesecake (It's been mentioned on here recently). DQ Cheesecake blizzard has 520 calories and 21 grams of fat. That's more than 1/2 the calories I eat in a day. I went to TCBY yesterday and got a small dish - 130 calories and 3 grams of fat. That completely settled my craving. There are other alternatives out there - you don't have to completely give up your treats...just tell your car to stay away from DQ...lol

You've done great so far and accomplished so much. It sounds like you are back on track. Take care.

Good for you for putting yourself out there. Every day is a new opportunity to start fresh. Yes, let this thread hold you accountable and come back and post your progress. Each day will get a little easier. I'm in the same boat and in day 5. Aside from a mild headache, which is slowly going away (from sugar withdrawal) I am feeling a little better every day. Good luck to you.

Congratulations on your new beginning! :tt1:

Congratulations! I have to say one thing about the band.... I've noticed a number of people who fall off the wagon at a certain point, and gain a few pounds back..... and then they grab hold of themselves and get back on the wagon and lose it! Speaking from my own personal experience over the years, I have never known how to stop and get back on the wagon after gaining back just a small amount of weight. I simply went into denial and didn't look back until I'd gained it all back, or more. It seems obvious to me that the band is helping people grab hold of themselves and turn it around when they slip up.... and that's wonderful! Really gives me hope that I'm not only going to lose it (again), but I'm going to finally keep it off.

Good luck to you, I know you can do it!

I like your post! and, this probably happens a lot, heck, it could even happen to me... as others have said, you don't have to give up fun stuff like this, just keep it to an every now and again thing. For instance, every now and again I drink HALF a chocolate shake from Chic-Fil-A. It's like 380 calories and I make sure to do it on a day that I'm working out and I allow this once every two weeks... or I'll have a skinny cow fudgecicle which I think is like 50-100 calories.. sometimes when we deny ourselves these fun things, it makes us crave them even more. But, I am glad all the Dairy Queens around me shut down. HA HA. Cuz I know I'd be there getting some blizzards.

I know you will do great :tt1: Thanks for posting this bcz it is up to us to make it work I have to realize that :tt1:

Congratulations Musical Momma on your new beginning. :embaressed_smile:

Not only are you being accountable to yourself, but you are an inspiration to many, many others!!!!

Take care and keep on being true to yourself!!!!!