Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What is the rudest thing someone has said to you?!?!

Some of my mom's comments stick out the most to me right now.

When I was 3 mos pregnant' date=' and had a 17 month old, my husband left me for another woman. When I called my mom to tell her that my world was falling apart, she said, "Well, what did you expect him to do with you being so big?". My family actually felt sorry for him for having to live with someone as fat as me.

My mom called me to bring something to her work. She said to call her when I got there so she could come out to the parking lot to get it. She said for me not to come in to work because she did not want the people there to know she had a fat daughter.

5 years after my divorce I started dating some one from work. When my mom found out she said, "Anybody that would have anything to do with you can't be worth much".[/quote']

Gina that is the saddest thing I've heard in a long time! I'm sooooo sorry your mom is that way. It's her own insecurities, but that doesn't make it easier. What craziness. I'm sorry. If you ever need support... I'm an email away!!!

I have had more than my share of cruelty starting at over 400 pounds but I think I accidentally hurt someone. A year before I got my surgery I worked with a lady who was also big. After our training I didn't see her for awhile by the time I did I had already had my surgery and was super excited. I saw her in the ladies room and she had lost a lot of weight. I told her she looked great and asked how much she lost. She told me over a hundred pounds. I was so happy for her and then i told her I just got the lap band and I was so excited to be losing weight. I never asked her how she lost weight and she never volunteered. I think she thought I assumed she got surgery so instead of having someone to relate to she won't talk to me anymore and looks the other way when I see her. I don't know if she was mad cause she did it the old fashioned way and was insulted or she did it the same way and didn't want her secret out but it made me sad the way she blew me off :(

Well I remember a time when I was 12 my family and I was on our way to a family bbq and he was about to go over a speed bump he told me to left my butt off the seat as he goes over the bump so I dont hurt the car...

Blue eyes..................where does that jerk get off ? Someone made the smart comment of weight loss being a million dollar industry. Oh how true ! If just eating right and exercising did the trick we would'nt NEED all this million dollar diet stuff, or a lap band would'nt of been invented , for that matter. The weight loss industry has PROGRESSED for a reason, it EVOLVED into a multi million dollar business. Too bad your hubby has'nt "progressed" or "evolved" either. Sorry ALL of you had to go through this, and yes i believe in karma too. Years ago i adored a co worker who was quite overweight, she was funny, smart , kind and hilarious. I was medium weight , but i just accepted her for who she was. then i started struggling with a weight prob after 30, and gained alot of weight. Thank goodness i never made fun of anybody who was overweight , because now im dealing with it myself ! karma !!!!! They'll get their comebacks, you'll see !

Blue eyes..................where does that jerk get off ? Someone made the smart comment of weight loss being a million dollar industry. Oh how true ! If just eating right and exercising did the trick we would'nt NEED all this million dollar diet stuff, or a lap band would'nt of been invented , for that matter. The weight loss industry has PROGRESSED for a reason, it EVOLVED into a multi million dollar business. Too bad your hubby has'nt "progressed" or "evolved" either. Sorry ALL of you had to go through this, and yes i believe in karma too. Years ago i adored a co worker who was quite overweight, she was funny, smart , kind and hilarious. I was medium weight , but i just accepted her for who she was. then i started struggling with a weight prob after 30, and gained alot of weight. Thank goodness i never made fun of anybody who was overweight , because now im dealing with it myself ! karma !!!!! They'll get their comebacks, you'll see !

Good lord so,many times ive heard terrible things but here are a few that will never ever leave my head number one my step grandma looked at me and said youd be so beautiful if you werent fat what a waiste of a face.... I was so depressed and it has always stuck with me and this was 8 years ago! .. Worst high school situation I won a contest for most spirited at a pep rally walked down in front of the entire school to get my prize which was a bench seat for blechers at a football game and a guy stood up and yelled better give her two maybe then her ass will fit in it I bawled my eyes out I was so humiliated... Then a few years ago A guy I thought was finally diffrent then other guys decided to tell me after a few weeks of seeing each other that I was so great and pretty and he had never had so much in common with a girl but that he could never really be in a relationship with me because his friends would never stop teasing him because of how big I was and he didnt want to deal with it..this is after I was down a hundred pounds from my band n feelin pretty giod about myself... Well good for him because im now married to a real man who loves this girls curves n supports me in every way ;).. Ppl.suck

Good lord so,many times ive heard terrible things but here are a few that will never ever leave my head number one my step grandma looked at me and said youd be so beautiful if you werent fat what a waiste of a face.... I was so depressed and it has always stuck with me and this was 8 years ago! .. Worst high school situation I won a contest for most spirited at a pep rally walked down in front of the entire school to get my prize which was a bench seat for blechers at a football game and a guy stood up and yelled better give her two maybe then her ass will fit in it I bawled my eyes out I was so humiliated... Then a few years ago A guy I thought was finally diffrent then other guys decided to tell me after a few weeks of seeing each other that I was so great and pretty and he had never had so much in common with a girl but that he could never really be in a relationship with me because his friends would never stop teasing him because of how big I was and he didnt want to deal with it..this is after I was down a hundred pounds from my band n feelin pretty giod about myself... Well good for him because im now married to a real man who loves this girls curves n supports me in every way ;).. Ppl.suck

We were having an ice cream social at work and another coworker turned to me and said "should you be eating that with your weight issues" I was at 137 pounds!! I just replied "should you be out in public with your face like that"

:) yeah I'm a beeotch!!

We were having an ice cream social at work and another coworker turned to me and said "should you be eating that with your weight issues" I was at 137 pounds!! I just replied "should you be out in public with your face like that"

:) yeah I'm a beeotch!!

I'm lucky is that I rarely got weight comments growing up. Part of it is being a guy and 100 lbs overweight...for whatever reason is more acceptable to society. I can't wait until I get down to my highschool weight. It's going to be great.

is=in

WOW ! I see this thread has been hanging on for years ! That's Great and sad at the same time ! Great we have a place to vent this stuff.Sad that there is sooo much of this cruelty.

I have a lot as many of u but the one that comes to mind is Memphis .I lived there as a kid from age 5-9 yrs old.(in the 70's) I went back for the 1st time in 2003.the first thing my uncle said to me was " Damn!! what happened to u !? I thought everybody from California was skinny and wear bikini's" WTF ?!? Really unc ?!?!

I remember two things: Me, my mom, & aunt were together visiting someone and my aunt had to tell the person we were visiting that her two daughters were slim....that hurt my feeling more because I think it hurt my mom. And my uncle once told me in front of my mom and my aunt .....what do you weigh...your legs alone must weigh 200 lbs, We were in a car and I cried behind my sunglasses. People just don't realize the aniquish we endure and then to add more to it. Well, I am now thinner than my two cousins, and my legs look pretty darn good.

Okay so must of what is written here has been said to all of us...but I have got a good one. This was probably about 20 years ago but it sticks with me and I think about it all the time' date=' I was told that I look like...think about a person who is fat, that is also ugly...okay you got someone in mind...well this is worse!!! I was told that I looked like Rosanne Barr!! I am telling you that has stuck with me forever, but soon I won't be looking like her any more.:thumbup:[/quote']

I have been told I look like Rosie odonald. I am so on my way not looking like her!

I was skinny until college. The sad thing is because I went from a size 2 in 7th grade to a size 10 in High School I was deemed as "getting fat." I fulfilled the foreshadowing that was laid out for me. I was so self conscious and was always told how pretty I am but I knew that there was an underlying tone to it. I remember never feeling like I was pretty all through college. My self esteem was shot by then. I got up to 252 lbs and met the man I love. He loved me just as I was. He encouraged me as I went on a journey to lose 52lbs. However things didn't work out because I found out he was with someone else while we were together. When I confronted him with it I of course immediately asked was she skinner than me. He told me what he thought was going to be a good thing...that his friend asked him all time if he really loved me because I was fat and he always told him yes. That was the beginning of my weight gain back to 257lbs. I'm now down to 240 and scheduled for surgery on 8/22. I've since been able to forgive my ex and he is my best friend because I was able to tell him why that hurt and tell his friend that I knew what he said about me. Now that Im getting ready for the lapband he keeps telling me that I'll change because most people desert people around them after WLS. I was able to confidently say YES I will be leaving some people behind in my new life...The Colonel, Ronald McDonald and anyone else who only sells fattening foods.

I knew one thing I had to begin to do before I had this surgery was to forgive anyone who hurt me but most of all forgive myself. I let what other people thought of me bring me to this point but I am not taking them with me from here.

Reading all of these replies has really made relive some very painful & memories from my past. I expected(as sad as that is) to have to deal with strangers regarding my weight. However, the incident that happened with my Dad years ago, is the one that still bothers me to this day.

This was back around 1986 or 87(telling my age, I know). It was a popular fad for kids to wear leg warmers on the outside of your pants. My step-sister & I were sitting outside on our front stairs. My Dad walks up & stops to look at both of us and decides to tell me that I should take mine off because they don't look right. That my legs are too big and they don't fit me like hers did....I was embarrassed, but, more than anything I was hurt. This may seem small to some people, but, to a 16yr old; this was life altering. He always tried to compare us but we a two different body types...I'm 5'11" with a large frame and she has always been petite....5'4".

He also made me exercise every night before I went to bed. No one else; just me. Very humiliating!