Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1 week real food... eating too much?

Im in to about 1 week with real food and i have been trying to stick to 4oz of fish or meat for my meals, just the meat. If im thinking right 4oz is 1/2 a cup. ** note :At this time i do not have a fill. **

For a bit 1/2 a cup of real food was working... feeling full. until about last night. I have been having on going issues with late night since i stay up until 5am est and wanting to eat more then 3 times a day. So i TRY to eat no more then 1/2 a cup then also.

But now .... it takes more for me to be full durning the day also. Like today i ate 3 smallish meatballs for lunch and wanted more. so i split some fish with a friend, and after i ate that i knew i ate too much. And tonight i treated my self to a sausage pattie .... but i did not stop at one. I ended up eating 2.

So i feel hungery.... and i eat more. But when im full i wonder if im not seeing that i am so i keep going. Anyone else been here before and felt like this? July 3rd im set for my 1st fill i guess, is that too far away for the way im acting now?

~~jessica :redface:

Hi Jessica

I can totally see what you are say. Its as though the fillness creeps up on you, i too have not had my first fill yet and really struggling to know when i am full or not. I'm 16 out of having my band fitted.

Debbie

There are times when I eat more than my brain tells me I should, but the fact is that I have very little restriction still. My doctor said I can eat about a cup at each meal (ex: 2-3 oz lean Protein and small salad), and right now I do eat a little more than that at times. But, what I try to do is stop eating for 20 minutes after my allotted amount. If I still feel very hungry, I'll eat a little something else that is low in calories (ex: sugar free pudding). I think it's all normal until you reach a good restriction. You might want to talk to your doctor's office or nutritionist about it to see what's right for you.

I think we have all been there. You might want to give your nutri. a call and see what they say. It will get better. I have felt like that for a while now and can't wait until Tues for my first fill. When I feel like I am hungry and I know I shouldn't be I go and do something with a bottle of Water in my hand. Lets put it like this I have never been a gardener....well my flower beds look so good right now!!! Hang in there I am sure it gets better!!!!!

its worse today.... i can pretty much eat anything now. this is sad...and i feel like i have acid in my throat!