Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

NSV (Non Scale Victory)!!!

I had a great NSV yesterday, went shopping, went into a normal store, GAP, and bought a T shirt a size XL but still it was a normal store!! I bought it thinking it would fit down the road and it was incentive, I've not bought something in a NORMAL store in years!! I tried it on at home and IT FIT!!!!!!!!!!! I think it's snug but my daughter, husband and friend all say no that's the way it's supposed to fit. I'm so stoked, now I want to go back and get one in every color!!!

I just had to go back to the Gap today and get one more of those shirts in another color. Now I have 2 'normal girl' shirts!!!

Another NSV is I took measurments and after only a few weeks I have lost a few inches all over!

Come on, share your NSV's!! (non scale victories) I know there have to be plenty in a group our size!

Gratz! I can't wait to go shopping this Christmas. I will probably buy more stuff for myself, then for other people.:redface:

I HAD to step on the scale today, and I had to get back on like 10 more times!! I started a pre-op diet 2 days before surgery and before I left for the hospital I was down 5 pounds. So my high was 270, pre-surgery was 265 and today it's at 250! How friggin exciting is that!!! I couldn't believe my little eyes! That means that this is gonna work! Plus I'm overcoming my head hunger, I think thats the hardest part! But wahoo!!!!

Gratz! I can't wait to go shopping this Christmas. I will probably buy more stuff for myself, then for other people.:redface:

Oh Christmas shopping, I hadn't thought of that! That's gonna be so cool. I'm going to be at the top of my list too!

I recently saw my husbands cousin, I picked her up at the airport and then she drove home to Wyoming. So I only saw her for about 30 min. But she told DH's aunt that there was something so different about me. She said I seemed happier, more confident, and just had a different 'air' about me. The aunt just told me this last night, she knew I was banded the cousin didn't yet. That was just so encouraging to me to hear.

Also, bought some new smaller clothes!!

Congrats Long2bThin! :thumbup::thumbup::rolleyes:

It is amazing how much of a boost these non-scale victories give us. Each and everyone I have makes me euphoric!

I started out having to lose much more than you, but I am now getting close to 'normal store' sizes. It is so exciting and a bit scary. I'm afraid I'll become a shopaholic! To go into just about any store and find something that will fit AND look good on me - WOW!

Keep up the good work!

Katja

Come on, I know there has to be lots of Non-Scale Victories (NSVS) now, let's hear yours!!

I had another one yesterday. I discovered my bras just weren't offering the support they used to so I went bra shopping. I've gone from a 42 to a 38!!!

Come on, I know there has to be lots of Non-scale Victories (NSVS) now, let's hear yours!!

I had another one yesterday. I discovered my bras just weren't offering the support they used to so I went bra shopping. I've gone from a 42 to a 38!!!

I have been staying low at work and home. Also, all my ld skinny people clothes are in Florida at the moment. :)

My BP was 132/82 yesterday, nearly normal!!!!!! Pre-surgery it was 155/95 ish, even with meds. I am still on meds, was even when I was thin, but I am so excited about this. Yes I want to look good, but the real reason for this surgery was my health and a benefit like this after just 15-20 pounds in AMAZING!

What a gret thread. Before surgery I was pretty much in a 22/24 pant and 4x shirt. I now fit in a 2x shirt and just bought regular 18 - not plus - pants. This is so great. As with many of you, I have been off my blood pressure meds since surgery. I will have my blood work done nex month to check cholesteral. Congrats everyone...on to healthier new lives.

I don't pee when I sneeze anymore!!! LOL

I know that's not what you were looking for, but I've got terrible allergies!

I trimmed my toenails yesterday and could actually reach them without my big belly being in the way!!

I trimmed my toenails yesterday and could actually reach them without my big belly being in the way!!

Way to go! I love NSV's like that! I was so excited that I painted my own toenails last week that I took a picture of them! I've been wearing flip flops since then.