Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

NSV (Non Scale Victory)!!!

Good Morning to all my little June Bugs! :thumbup:

No one has been posting on this board for a few days so I thought I would spark it up again! I've had lots of little NSV's since June and all were very similar to yours, so everytime I would read one of yours I'd just chuckle to myself.

So here's one that I had this morning that just put a huge smile on my face...I have a pair of really sexy knee high boots that for the past 2 years I would have to leave half zippered under my pant leg because it would not zip up all the way for the life of me! Well, to my delight, they actually zipped up all the way with no trouble at all this morning!!! Yayayayayayaaa!!! :smile2:

Since surgery, I have slimmed down all over, and not just in one spot so the loss is really coming along nicely. Hubby keeps saying how I'm looking sexier by the day and he can't seem to keep his hands off me! :smile: (I know, I know, TMI!!) So, I've lost 40 lbs total since the beginning of the year and 32 lbs since surgery!!! I think I'm doing great and seem to be right where I should be with the loss! People are really starting to notice lately and I've been getting so many compliments, which feels great! Also, I've had virtually no sagging or loose skin at all. I think that has alot to do with my age and my skin type (we have really great skin in my family) and also with the fact that I've been walking, walking, walking!

Anyhow, hope you're all doing well! Does anyone have any good meal ideas that you'd like to share? I do get bored sometimes so I'd like to shake it up a bit! Hope to hear from you all soon! I also need to update my ticker and I can't quite figure out how to do it! Take care all!

xoxoxo

Edited by Love2Lose

I had my first NSV today. I am a hospice nurse and after seeing my patient I was walking in the hallway and the nurse came up to me and said, I did not recognize you from the back. I said, what do you mean, she said, your backside is really slimming down. It wasn't until you turned around that I recognized you. Needless to say, I was all smiles.

I had my first NSV today. I am a hospice nurse and after seeing my patient I was walking in the hallway and the nurse came up to me and said, I did not recognize you from the back. I said, what do you mean, she said, your backside is really slimming down. It wasn't until you turned around that I recognized you. Needless to say, I was all smiles.

That's awesome!!! I think my butt is going to be the last place to lose. Congrats!!

These are great!! It is that time of year when I do my fall cleaning, actually clean-out!! I had gone thru my winter clothes from last year and not one of them fit me, way too big so I had a "someday" bin with clothes a few sizes smaller that I finally fit into so that bin is now named "today"!!!! It felt great!!

Two NSVs (but they are related)

Hubby and I went to Six Flags Over Texas on the 19th. Every ride I wanted to ride, I could! The belts fastened and the butt fit in the seat! After the Tony Hawk ride they have a booth where you can purchase a CD or DVD of your whole ride. We chose not to purchase, but I noticed that "the girls" were a bit bouncy on the screen so I knew it was time to by new bras again. I wore a 52DDD in June, and today I bought a 46DD! I was stunned standing there in the fitting room wearing a size that I haven't seen in years!

Congratulations on your achievement, is motivating when the clothes do not fit you... when is too big... That is great....:thumbup:

I just started exercising last week and now I can do 50 jumping jacks and 50 crunches without taking a break after 10.

I have had so many nsv moments but here are a few that I have really enjoyed:

I got rid of all my size 24,22,20,18 & 16 clothes!!! The only things in my closet are 14's!!!

I can paint my own damn toes!!! My gut used to get in the way now I can bring my foot all the way up woo hoo!

I weigh less than my hubby!

I got whistled at for the first time in over 10 years!

The mirror matches my image of who I am.. it is not shocking to walk past and go "WHO THE HELL IS THAT" ..

My hubby can pick me up and carry me upstairs.. gosh do i love that.. I wish he would carry me everywhere..lol.. it makes me feel so little and sexy!! :teeth_smile:

Those are just some of my nsv's!

Those are awesome NSV's Allie!!

• I can now shop in the same stores as my daughter and unsubscribe to Lane Bryants emails!
  • size 14's!!
  • I went on an airplane and fit in the seat, the seatbelt, and the arm rest stayed down and wasn't pushed up by the parts of me that used to squeeze underneath
  • I also now weigh less than my 6'6 husband
  • I weigh less than my drivers license!!!!
  • the bow when I tie my shoes is now on top of the shoe, not on the side
  • crossing legs!

Long!! Great NSV's.. ok here are a couple of more:

1. NEW SEX POSITIONS (well maybe not new but ones I haven't been able to do in like 10 years)

2. crossing legs

3. my original wedding band fits!!

4. keep getting beeped at when I walk up to get mail for work.

5. fit in the movie seat nicely no overhang!

6. Confidence is growing as I shrink!

i have to say #1 is my absoloute favorite! It is like being newlyweds.. it has always been great but damn its smoking now!!!! I know TMI.. :rolleyes2:

I try to avoid using public restrooms just cause yeah....

But after a two hour movie sometimes u just gotta GO

well it was a Popular movie and the handicap stall was taken... I know im not hte only one who would automatically go for the handicapped stall and the extra room...

well.... going in a regular stall is not such a tight fit anymore :thumbup:

Still rather go at home but ya know

This is sort of a NSV....I can't think of a better thread to put it on and I really wanted to post it...

My son's on his way to Sydney for the 2010 Scout Jamboree. Today we packed his bag and his luggage allowance was 23kg.

He filled his bag and put it in the boot of the car and was saying how heavy it was and he wouldn't like to carry it very far...that's when I realised.... 5 months into my banded life that's how much weight I have lost - 23kg.

I've a long way to go still but I couldn't believe how heavy it was or how far and long I had carried it on my own.

To feel the weight of it and be able to understand it rather than it just being a number that was part of me, weight I had to lose or had put on or needed to lose or whatever else that figure has always been in the past. It felt really good to know what it actually felt like, to realise that was how much I was NOT carrying anymore.

I really, really, really wanted to tell all the other parents the significance of the 23kg bags they were all helping their Scouts to handle. I know they would just have looked at me without understanding what it meant to me.

So instead of telling them I am posting it here to tell you guys as I know you will understand how I felt about it and why it was so important to me. It was like a revelation, a realisation.

If you do not know what your loss feels like I would strongly recommend filling a bag with books to match the weight you have lost. If you are struggling or feeling like nothing is moving fast enough it is a real boost to realise how far you have already come and that it is ok to rest a while.

Have a safe and happy 2010

I can now shop in the same stores as my daughter and unsubscribe to Lane Bryants emails!

I have gone from 24's to 4's!!!!!!

Hubby thinks I look fantastic!

People say, "you're tiny !" if only they knew the whole story !!!

This is sort of a NSV....I can't think of a better thread to put it on and I really wanted to post it...

My son's on his way to Sydney for the 2010 Scout Jamboree. Today we packed his bag and his luggage allowance was 23kg.

He filled his bag and put it in the boot of the car and was saying how heavy it was and he wouldn't like to carry it very far...that's when I realised.... 5 months into my banded life that's how much weight I have lost - 23kg.

I've a long way to go still but I couldn't believe how heavy it was or how far and long I had carried it on my own.

To feel the weight of it and be able to understand it rather than it just being a number that was part of me, weight I had to lose or had put on or needed to lose or whatever else that figure has always been in the past. It felt really good to know what it actually felt like, to realise that was how much I was NOT carrying anymore.

I really, really, really wanted to tell all the other parents the significance of the 23kg bags they were all helping their Scouts to handle. I know they would just have looked at me without understanding what it meant to me.

So instead of telling them I am posting it here to tell you guys as I know you will understand how I felt about it and why it was so important to me. It was like a revelation, a realisation.

If you do not know what your loss feels like I would strongly recommend filling a bag with books to match the weight you have lost. If you are struggling or feeling like nothing is moving fast enough it is a real boost to realise how far you have already come and that it is ok to rest a while.

Have a safe and happy 2010