Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

NSV (Non Scale Victory)!!!

hi all! i think this is the best thread yet! congratulations everyone!! i hope pre-ops find there way here for encouragement!

i went clothes shopping yesterday while my car was getting fixed and i had no choice but to hang around nearby. i was a little scared to shop. my 'fattest' clothes hang on me but i can still technically wear some of them. i don't want to buy much knowing i will (and praying i will) continue to lose lbs and not need the interim sizes for long..

so. i went to avenue (hopefully for the LAST TIME tho that store has been a life saver for me for years) and i was absolutely shocked to go from a tight and frantic size 26 pants (before surgery and Optifast pre-surgery) to a loose 20!! even 1 pair of 18 shorts FIT! i bought just 1 outfit. and underwear (bra size from a 44 to a 38- i actually got measured because my old bras are coming unhooked on me as i walk around during the day).i didn't buy any more because i'm waiting to go down more. and i don't even know what the heck i want to wear now anyway - i'm so used to crappy clothes. what style? what colors? i don't know but it'll be fun eventually figuring that out!

YEAH! i think i said 'oh my god i don't believe this' out loud in the dressing room when those 18's zipped up!

cathychatts - congratulations on your promotion - that is great news - especially in this economy - good for you!

i'm not flying till november and i'm so pysched like many of you are to fit in the seat with comfort! finally!

keep up the good work everyone - it is work! but finally now it is something that DOES work!

Hi!

Yesterday I had an amazing NSV! For a"normal" person - not a big deal, but but many of us? You be the judge!

After 20 years of not even thinking of trying, I actually got in and took my first bath! It was heavenly! I know, this is not a life altering experience... or is it?

I think so!

:biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2:

Katja

That's awesome!! We have this big oval tub in our master bath and when we moved in 2 yrs ago I wanted to take a soaker. Could not get down in it between the weight and my bad knee. Or if I got down, there was no getting up. So I look forward to the day.

However, I did have one the other day. I was sitting in a chair talking and looked down and I had my legs crossed!! Not completely like a skinny person but it didn't hurt and fall off my knee either. It's a start!

Congratulations everyone! Greyhoundmom - I will be shopping at Avenue and Lane Bryant until their smallest size just hangs off of me. I have no clue where else I will shop, as I am not wanting to give my money to the stores that used to turn up their noses at me if I even dared to walk into their stores. I am open to suggestions. Thinking Kohls and Coldwater Creek.

My NSV for today was 45 minutes on the elliptical at the gym, 6800 steps and 3.45 miles. The first time I ever even tried the elliptical I was only on for 3 minutes and simply gasping for breath.

I can also run up the stairs to "inspect" my messy teenage daughters room. I think being in the dark about the condition of her room might have been better.

Have a great rainy Saturday!

Went to my primary care dr yesterday for my annual check up. The nurse calls me back, first thing has me step on the scale, writes the weight down and off to the room we go. She looks at the previous page from my last visit, flips back and forth as if to double check something and then says you've lost a lot of weight. Few minutes later, the dr. comes in and does the same thing. Though he said WOW! That felt so good. And I get to stay off my b/p meds. My b/p was borderline and he said it would only get better as I keep losing and to keep up the good work. It felt so good not to get the weight lecture this time!

I went shopping today. The first time in like two years. I was so happy to discover that I no longer wear a size 28 pants. I tried on a size 26, too big. I tried on size 24, too big. I tried on size 22, too big. I now officially wear a size 20 pants. I can't believe it! I was just going to by some smaller clothes in a size 24 because my clothes now fall off of me and I don't want to look sloppy everywhere I go any more pulling and tugging on my pants. I didn't think I was already a size 20. Now I have new clothes that fit to wear to school next week. I feel so much better about myself now. I was beginning to worry because my weight was at a stand still until this morning. This size 20 will be too big in no time if I keep working hard to lose this weight. I felt so good, I wanted to buy everything in the store today. My mom only let me get five outfits because she reminded me that I will be losing even more and I don't need to spend too much money because I will be back later buying even smaller clothes. I'm looking forward to giving these new clothes away sometime in the near future.

Congratulations to everyone on their success so far!

I've noticed a few positive changes myself similar to what some of you guys have said:

1. Chairs that used to be snug I now slide into.

2. The seatbelt in DH's pick-up used to be very snug - it's now LOOSE!

3. Lots of clothes that were too tight a month ago are in the Goodwill pile now because they are way too big.

4. I've had to move the seat closer to the steering wheel in our SUV and our smaller Honda feels roomy now where it used to feel tight.

5. Shaving legs & other areas (blush) is getting much easier! Haha

Can't wait to have more of NSV's to post in the months to come!!!!

Ok, so I went shopping today with my sister and we went in B. Moss. I decided to try on some shirts. I was in a 22/24 shirt before surgery and today I actually bought 2 XL shirts and 1 L. I was so excited to buy clothes from a normal store. Oh, and we went to the movies today, I fit in the seat and didn't rub the arm rests. I love my band!!!

Ooohhh....my turn! I was in my bosses office the other day (we are also pretty good friends) and I sat down in her chair. I asked her if it was the same chair that had always been there and she thought about it for a minute and then said, "well, yeah. Why?" I smiled real big and said "my BUTT FITS!"

I forgot about this, but last week I was able to start wearing my size sixteen clothes again! And they fit perfectly, they weren't even tight! I tried some fourteens on too, and could get them on but not buttoned or zipped....but I'm getting close!

I've been noticing the seat belt in the car riding up over my boobs and coming across by my neck. Couldn't figure out why. But it can adjust in height and before I had to have it at it's highest to compensate for my large stomach and chest to go around. Now it just slips up high and almost strangles me, must be because I am smaller and I had to adjust the height and now it's fine. Also the steering wheel is getting further away. Hubby is 6'5 and I never readjusted the seat after he drove as it worked for me at 5'9, but now it's getting further away and I have to adjust my seat too.

Oh and I crossed my legs last night!!!!!

You all are losing weight so much faster than I am...I haven't had any fills yet though :tongue: Anyway, I thought it would be awhile before I could post anything here, but I just had my first NSV!

Yesterday morning I was waiting for my fiance to get ready for work so we could leave and I had some extra time. We are allowed to wear jeans to work on Fridays so I was thinking "Hmm...since he's not in the room, maybe I should just try quick?" I haven't been able to wear my jeans in over a year and a half, and the last time I tried them on the buttons wouldn't come within 6 inches of each other. Yesterday, I was able to button and zip without sucking, pulling, or lying down and squirming :lol: I wore jeans for the first time to my job.

You all are doing great and losing alot faster then me, but I do have a few of my own

1. I can now wear sexier bras (my boobs shrunk)

2. My stomach no longer rubs against my steering wheel

3. I can wear my seatbelt again

4. My old pants I can now take off without unbuttoning them

5. I did go into Lane bryant and bought 1 pair of jeans that were a size smaller. NOw they are big every wear but my stomach. (for some reason that is the last place i can lose weight on)

6. My panties fall me as I walk

Ok so here are my two non scale victory's :

#1 - I CAN CROSS MY LEGS!!! WOO HOO

#2 - I SHOP IN REGULAR STORES NOW.. NO MORE LANE BRYANT FOR ME!!!

Edited by alliemorris73
HIT SAVE ON ACCIDENT

I had a job interview last week. I got the suit I wore for an interview couple weeks before surgery and it was sooooo big on me, it looked horrible. So I got my suit I haven't been able to wear for about4-5 years now and it fit great! It had pin stripes but at lest it was a suit that fit.:thumbdown: