Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What foods can you NOT eat since the surgery?

Can you eat stuff like fries in a small amount?

What about when you go out to eat, what kinds of things do you get?

So salads upset your stomach?

Salads are my favorite food, but I don't eat cucumbers with the peeling, or tomatoes with the skin. My band doesn't like broccoli or bread, rice, or Pasta, except for angel hair Pasta. I avoid beef and hot dogs, chicken must be very well done and not tough. My band doesn't like chicken wings at all or pizza, (although pepperoni is ok) :).

In the morning, my band doesn't like solid food of any type, not until around noon. After 8:00, I could probably eat a hot dog and a hamburger together, LOL.

It's amazing what the band tolerates from one person to the next.

My experience is similar to HarleyNana.

I can't eat much at all in the morning - pretty much on liquids (Protein shake etc) until noon. In the afternoons and evenings, sometimes I am at correct restriction, sometimes I could eat a horse.

In terms of actual foods? I can't eat bread, although I can eat rice and al dente Pasta. I can't eat donuts or pastries or anything else like that which is soft and doughy. I can't eat noodles (like those very wet 2 minute noodles). I CAN eat apples (which a lot of people can't), and I have no problems with the skin of vegetables, generally.

Of course, if I am stupid and ignore band rules (eg eat really fast, don't chew properly or take huge bites) then almost anything can cause a pb. I am generally VERY careful with the way I eat, and I always know within 2 minutes if I've eaten too fast or not chewed properly -- "Oh dear, it's coming back up!".

I think I'm probably as close as i'm going to get to my sweet spot, but I'm going back to the doc in the morning to discuss about the huge variation in satiety.

Hope this helps!

I can eat pretty much anything I want, altho in pretty small quantities when it comes to potato, rice, Pasta, breads. Some days I could eat 10 french fries, other days I might manage 2.

I have yet to find a single food that I would say that I can absolutely not eat. Beef can cause problems for me, as can pork. chicken breast can be if-fy, but thighs never cause an issue.

I don't eat out very often but I can always find something on the menu that is suitable to eat..

And salad??....We eat salad 4 or 5 times a week, especially now with the weather warming up !!! :)

All the best

Patricia

11/16/06

306/202/175ish

I was banded on Apr. 11 and have had one fill so far. I need another, as I don't have much restriction. At this point I can eat pretty much anything, just in smaller quantities than before the band. I haven't tried steak or burgers or doughy bread like Bagels though. I can eat toasted bread, english muffins, and pizza except for the crust at the end. My doctor says soda is OK if you want it, and I have a diet coke once in awhile. I used to drink it all day, but I just don't want it now. I eat salads a lot.

I love salads! Never had a problem. The only thing I "cant" eat is rice. Not because I get stuck or slime or anything but because I realize now that it gives me gas. I hate gas so I refrain.

It amazes me that almost everybody can eat salads. I would have thought that the lettuce would be hard to get down. I too love salad especially Outbacks salad so I hope I will be able to eat them too. My surgery is tomorrow and I can't believe it is here. I am really getting nervous and I have had several surgerys in the past. I think I am just scared it will not work or that I will have alot of problems afterwards like some I have read about. Wish me luck tomorrow!

I can eat Fries...I usually dont because they fill me up fast. But I will have a few when I am craving them.

When I go out to eat I usually choose something I REALLY want. eat slow and I am fine. OH and I do tend to pick things I am sure will heat up in the microwave. Because Now I actually have left overs. lol

The only food garenteed to make me PB is pork chops. They are just too thick for MY band. Everything else I am ok on. As long as I chew enough and eat slowly.

I do not drink any carbonated beverage. But that is my choice I dont like the effects carbonation has on your stomach. and no caffeen for me either. lol

Up to my first two fills I was able to eat just about anything as long as I chewed it real good. Dry chicken breast is a little iffy. So Is really soft bread, but I can manage if I REALLY take my time with it. sometimes the effort just isn't worth it. But, I can eat salad, apples, Pasta, rice, steak ( I LOVE steak) and just about anything. I did have my third fill last Friday, and haven't tried a lot of things yet. I did notice this morning that a fresh strawberry not chewed properly went down and didn't come back up, but I felt a bit of an ache in the area of my band, so we stopped. things change after every fill. So we'll see. My cottage cheese went down just fine. I had shrimp last night, no problem.

Hi, I was banded March 26 and I am able to eat anything. As long as I take small bites and chew well and pause between bites I can eat all the things I have always eaten. I too was worried I would have to give up my favorite foods after surgery but I haven't had to. Of course the amounts have changed drastically but that is what it's all about. Good luck to you Kelly and teacherofk

the only thing i had an issue with is tomatoes with the skin on. i haven't tried everything yet- like beef (except for ground beef--that's fine) or pork chops and whatnot.

fish, moist chicken (cooked in sauce or something), ground beef that's moist, etc are what i stick to. i haven't had Pasta, bread or rice (only wasa crackers) so i couldn't tell you how they are...i just know they are on my doc's "no" list.

you can eat whatever your body lets you. Everyone's body reacts different to the lap-band. Some peoples' bodies tolerate foods that others don't. experiment with different foods, just don't forget to chew!!!! Stay away from fast foods and fried foods!!! but Its ok by me to eat something "unhealty" once in a blue moon. get use to eating boiled and baked foods

Yea, I'm so excited ya'll can eat salads, I LOVE salads!!!

I can eat salads but also stay away from cucumbers with skin on them. I don't eat broccoli and can't eat rice or Pasta. Breads are questionable depends how fat I eat them and how softr they are. I basically stay away from them as they are my downfall. You'll find out what you can eat and what you can't eat pretty quickly. Working with the band is a process. I'm 3 months out and am just finding out how to work with it and I've had 4 fills. I've lost almost 30 lbs....

good luck

sharon:)

7_5_142.gifI can't do rice at all. It was awful! I was PBing the next morning. It just sat on my stomach.... And I don't like toast or grilled cheese any more. Barely like bread. Which is good. I haven't bought my favorite bread and tried it yet. I don't know if I will like it. It is Italian bread. You will find out some of your taste may change and there might be food you can't eat. Rice is a hard one for a lot of people. Good luck on your journey.

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb097&pp=ZRxdm609NVUS