Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi,

I am really depressed again. Spent a whole week being good, eating right and exercising. Went from 185.5 back down to 182. I was really convinced I would get in the 170's this week, since I have been plateauing for more than 2 months now.

I get on the scale this morning and I am back up to 185.5 again. How is this possible? I exercised for almost 4 hours at thge gym and jazzercise last week, walked on Saturday for about 4 miles or so and I am back where I started a week ago!!! I did not have a day where I ate more than 1200 calories except for Sunday when I ate at a CHinese buffet. For the most part, I made wise food choices except for dessert. I had a piece of cake and some chocolate ice cream. How can I gain 3.5 lbs from that?

God I want to screaaaaammmmmmm!!!!! Uggggh!

Give me some love here.... I am struggling and I feel like I am ready to go on an all liquid diet for two weeks to see if we can jump start this baby already.

Babs in TX

(((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))). I am right there with ya sister!

Babs you are probably gaining muscle. Also, Chinese sometimes causes Water weight gain.

I wouldn't worry about it so much right now, wait for a few days and try again. Maybe your body is telling you that this is the perfect weight for you also.

Hi Betty,

I hope that I will not be stuck in "just overweight" purgatory forever. And I hope that I am not doomed to be a size 14 bottom/12 top forever as well. I still feel really fat.

I am figuring like you said: ITs gotta be the chinese food and the sodium thing. I am also due to get my "monthly friend" today or tomorrow, so thats probably not helping much either. And thats probably another reason I feel like being mad!!!

Babs in TX

You are probably right Babs, and in a few days, you will see a big difference!

Good Luck, I always say "Good things come to those who wait!"

Hi Betty,

II am figuring like you said: ITs gotta be the chinese food and the sodium thing. I am also due to get my "monthly friend" today or tomorrow, so thats probably not helping much either. And thats probably another reason I feel like being mad!!!

Babs in TX

Babs,

I think you answered your own question. My daughter (who is my clone when I was her age) has been trying to lose weight and is on Meridia. She has been doing great and lost about 6 pounds. We had Chinese last night and she was so dissapointed that she gained a pound. I'm actually surprised it was only 1 pound with the Chinese food.

Don't get too discouraged because I think you figured out the problem on your own.

Good Luck....you WILL do it!!!!

Chris

Babs, I know for me, I do not lose lbs but I lose inches. It is a mind set we have to get over, we can not let the scale dictate to us on our success. Inches lost is just as good as lbs lost in my book. How are your clothes fitting? Any looser? I went from a 16-12 quickly with not much lbs lost , it was the inches. Don't get discouraged. You know you are doing everything right ;)

The scale will move but in the meantime focus on the possitive things you have noticed from working out so diligently and eating healthier.

Hi Michelle,

I have noticed that my pants are a little looser (the 14's) and that none of my tops fit anymore. i need to do a new clothing purge soon. Thanks for bringing this up. I guess I was just hoping that I would make it into the mid 170's before the plastic surgery work would begin....

Babs in TX

When we lived in a 2 story, we bought a new scale & put it on the balcony cause the bathroom was too small. Next day Chris came home & tried to weigh himself, but the scale was gone. He asked where it went. Well, after I gained 5 pounds in one day, I kicked the piece of crap off the balcony and left it for the landscapers to clean up. Chris looked over and it was still down there broken.

Moral: Get rid of the friggin scale. You are hot, you've behaved perfectly, so just get rid of the bastard.

When was the last time you had a professional body fat mesaurement taken? It may be that your fat% is right where it should be. I know that you said your surgeon said you had at least 15 pounds of skin that will go when you have your procedures done.

Throw your scale off Lisa's balcony, have that professional body fat test done, and have your plastic surgury!

I know you have been agaonizing for months over this. (((hugs))) Time to act!

I am also due to get my "monthly friend" today or tomorrow
Come on, Babs, cut it out! Don't you bloat up like the rest of us just before the old friend (some friend!) comes to call? It's a drag to feel fat -- and when you've lost over 100 lbs., as you have, and have been eating right and exercising like a fiend, it's just not right!

I'm with DeLarla: the scale is a bastard and you should chuck it. Now put on some of those baggy size 14s (surely you must realize how envious most of us are about that one), and pull your socks up. Yeah, we love you, but when you beat yourself up, some of us just want to kick your bony ass!

Hi Again:

Lisa - I know the scale is accurate. I started my journey on the scale I am on now. NoOOOOO, I havent thrown it out a window yet, but I might do that tomorrow if there isnt an improvement.

Vinesqueen: I still have a high body fat index. At least thats what was indicated on my docs 5,000 tanita scale in his office and what the folks at Curves used to tell me. It might be time to go and get tested by a professional to see where I am really at....

Zoe: "kicking bony ass"" MMMM, that reminds me of the movie "Working Girl" where Melanie Griffith tells Sigorney Weaver, "If you dont get out of my way, I gonna kick your bony ass...!" OR something like that.. My ass will never be bony, but thanks for the compliment

Paula: Ya missed the boat. I started at 185.5 ten days ago and dropped 3.5 pounds only to put them back on. I am back to 185.5 as of this morning!

Well, I was a good girl so far today. Had no Breakfast, ate 4 turkey meatballs and 6 wheat crackers for lunch. Just ate another meatball and 2 crackers and dinner will be salmon with brussel sprouts and a couple of teaspoons of low carb mashers. I just got back from the gym where I burned 400 calories in an hour on the elliptical and the stationary bike. I will probably have some popcorn tonight and a fat free pudding. Crap, I hate dieting!!!

Babs in TX

Babs, our bodies adjust to a particular workout and will stop responding to it. My massage therapist was trying to lose a few pounds and worked our with aerobic dancing every single night in a class. She had been doing it for so many years though that her body gains and loses as if she never gets that daily work out. Try something completely different for a day or two. I had stopped Water aerobics after my car accident a few months ago and had been at a plateau ever since. I rejoined the water aerobics and ate correctly last week and promptly lost 5 lbs. It wouldn't hurt to try something different just to see what happens.