Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Onederland!!!!!!!!

Yes Ladies and Gentlemen! I have reach that magical number!!! Stepped on the scale this morning, down two lbs, and voila! 199!!!!

How cool is that! I have 29 more lbs to lose to goal! Only twenty-something! I'm so excited!

Oh! And I was at the Harley dealership this morning waiting for my bike to get serviced and this hunky motorcycle cop came in and as our eyes met I smiled at him and he winked at me!!! Wooo hoooo!!!

:biggrin:

Edited by JaxBandster

Congrats Jax on your success, I am right behind you... I can feel your excitement

Karen!!! Yay!!!! You go girl!!! I'm so happy for you! :biggrin:

Yay Karen! You go girl! Bet that feels so good. :biggrin:

And the thought of a hot cop made me feel good. So thanks. :frown:

Yes Ladies and Gentlemen! I have reach that magical number!!! Stepped on the scale this morning, down two lbs, and voila! 199!!!!

How cool is that! I have 29 more lbs to lose to goal! Only twenty-something! I'm so excited!

Oh! And I was at the Harley dealership this morning waiting for my bike to get serviced and this hunky motorcycle cop came in and as our eyes met I smiled at him and he winked at me!!! Wooo hoooo!!!

:biggrin:

That is wonderful. I however am not having such great results and I would like your input. I was banded March 13th and I have not lost a pound. The first two fills I felt NO restriction and now the only difference I can feel is if I eat too fast I get the feeling that something is stuck. If I eat slowly I have the same appetite I always did. They tell me I can eat anything and the band will tell me when I am full but it's not working out like that. What and how much do you eat a day? And how much exercise do you get? Thanks. Sissy

That is so awesome!! You have to be over the moon getting that far that fast. WooHoo!!

That is wonderful. I however am not having such great results and I would like your input. I was banded March 13th and I have not lost a pound. The first two fills I felt NO restriction and now the only difference I can feel is if I eat too fast I get the feeling that something is stuck. If I eat slowly I have the same appetite I always did. They tell me I can eat anything and the band will tell me when I am full but it's not working out like that. What and how much do you eat a day? And how much exercise do you get? Thanks. Sissy

Hi Sissy,

I'm sorry to hear you are struggling. I know it is difficult at times. I know there were plenty of times when I thought I was eating a ton and in fact I was probably eating more than I should. Here is what I do.

1) I don't eat if I'm not hungry. This is not as easy as it sounds because sometimes my stomach growls and I think to myself that I'm hungry, but really I'm not. I will go get a bottle of Water and drink that and I'm not "hungry" anymore.

2) I eat Protein. Lots and lots of Protein. eggs, bacon, tuna (both salad and raw shashimi), steak, chicken, pork, fish. That is what I focus on for meals.

3) Then I eat veggies. Preferably fresh and steamed since that is the way I like them best. Canned veggies have a tendency to have a lot of sodium in them which will make you retain Water.< /p>

4) I don't deprive myself. If there is something I want I have a small amount of it. Maybe several bites of my husband's dessert. Several bites of potatoes or rice. I measure out my carbs carefully to make sure I'm not getting too much. Besides converting to sugar in your body, carbs also make you feel hungry.

5) I keep my carb intake below 30 gms a day.

6) At first I recorded all my food in Fitday so I had a firm understanding of how much I was eating. Now that I have the hang of it I don't do it so much.

7) I haven't started exercising yet but the more I lose the more active I get. I've been working in the yard more and just getting out more.

8) I drink a lot of water. It keeps you from feeling hungry and it helps remove impurities and fat from your body.

9) Eat slow but not too slow or you will never feel full. I try to make my meals last about 15 minutes. Eating the protein first will help you feel full faster.

Sometimes you just have to sit and ask yourself, am I eating this because I'm still hungry or because it tastes so darn good? Once I started realizing that I was eating for the sheer taste of the food, then I understood that I was eating for the wrong reasons.

Hope some of these help!!!!

Karen, Welcome!!! We have been waiting for you to get here! It is a great feeling to break through that. I had a little party for myself that I called, "No Two's". Now it won't be long before you leave us here because you and some hot motorcycle dude, maybe your dh, are spending all your time at the beach! In a bikini!

Way to go, Karen!

So, you do actually have the sensation that you are full faster and not just that feeling that something got stuck going down? If you have to ignore hunger pangs or count calories or measure you food there wasn't much point in being banded. I was told if I ate healthy solid foods the band would take care of the rest. That's what I'm trying to do. But if you eat too much, even healthy food, you don't lose weight. Give me an example of what and how much you eat during a day. Are there any absolute no-nos? Like drinking anything when you eat? Do you only eat three times a day or whenever you are hungry? Thanks for your help. Sissy

Karen....that is SOOOO awesome!!:smile: Congratulations!! You have been a great bandster role model for us Double V's!! I'm only 7 pounds away from Onderland myself! Hope to join you in a couple of weeks so save room for me:biggrin:

So happy for you!

-Amy

Karen, big cheers and CONGRATULATIONS for hitting onederland! You are amazing woman, you've done so awesome with your weight loss! Pretty soon you'll be at goal, and telling us about your plastic surgery (if you have it!). You've done a super job of swimming, you hot lady! :)

Like Amy, I'm close to onederland myself, but my weight loss has stalled for the past week . . . we had a terrible storm that knocked out our electrical power for over 5 days. (no internet and no LapBandTalk, I was going through withdrawal big time! :sad:) Our family stayed in a hotel to escape the heat and get showers, I'm a clean freak, I can't stand not showering! Especially when you're all hot and sticky from the heat and humidity. So eating out every meal did nothing for my weight loss. I gained two pounds (BLEH:thumbdown:) but I'm glad it was just 2. The storm hit our neighborhood pretty hard - we lost FIVE trees. :smile2: Our front yard was re-landscaped in one quick blow! The weatherman says no tornado was spotted, but I'm not so sure. I've never seen so much destruction so fast. The good thing is, our family and home are safe!

Anyway, I don't mean to hi-jack your thread! I'm still swimming hard here, despite a few set-backs. It's good to be back on plan, and I hope to lose those extra pounds soon. With all the yard work facing our family, I'm sure I will! Please save my spot in onderland! I'm not gonna get there as fast, but I WILL get there!

Big warm hugs, and keep up the great work sweetie! You are amazing, congratz again!

:crying:

So, you do actually have the sensation that you are full faster and not just that feeling that something got stuck going down? If you have to ignore hunger pangs or count calories or measure you food there wasn't much point in being banded. I was told if I ate healthy solid foods the band would take care of the rest. That's what I'm trying to do. But if you eat too much, even healthy food, you don't lose weight. Give me an example of what and how much you eat during a day. Are there any absolute no-nos? Like drinking anything when you eat? Do you only eat three times a day or whenever you are hungry? Thanks for your help. Sissy

Hi Sissy! I definitely don't eat three times a day anymore. Usually just once and I try to make sure it's really high in Protein. I drink a lot of Water and I've also recently discovered diet green tea.

I would say that for the first few fills I could still eat pretty much whatever I wanted. A lot of my weight loss at that point was attributed some to my band and a lot from pure discipline and determination not to fail. This last fill (the fourth) definitely has me good and tight and I have to be very careful about what I choose to eat and to make sure I chew thoroughly or I know I will get stuck. Restriction is different for everyone though and while I seemed to have reached my sweet spot at my fourth fill, others might not reach it until later and some after only one or two fills.

If you find you are still battling hunger, the only things I can suggest are what I recommended above with the high protein/low carb program and the drinking of Water. Don't drink with your meals as it will only wash food through your pouch and you will get hungry again sooner. If you are hungry between meals and it gets unbearable, try eating a high Protein snack such as a meat and cheese roll or a hand full of peanuts. Don't forget that sugar free Clear liquids are always an option. sugar free Jello, a popsicle, pudding or the like are always good for a snack although not quite as filling.

Track your food! It will really help you to see just how much you are eating. Stay away from the carbs, they convert to sugar in your body and they make you hungrier.

You can do this. I promise!!!