Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Depressed!!! Not loosing weight :(:(

:crying:HELP!! not loosing weight at all !!am still stuck there!! lost so far 7 lb ONLY!!!! is the band not suitable for me ???

7lbs is good. dont feel depressed. weight loss is 1 to 2 lbs a week. its not rapid. just keep your diet low calorie you be on target and the more fills you have. the less amount of food you be able to eat. lapbands are for everybody. its the person that has to work at it. not the band.

yes i had 2 fills, my band is 9 cc, and my fills total so far is 6 cc !!!!!

Hi Salam.... Please don't get down about the slow process... what happens is that once u are banded of course we all have to go thru that liquid phase.. which just shrinks your liver... and gives temporary weightloss... because as soon as u start eating regular foods either the weight comes back or it slows down. May I ask what r u eating on a daily basis, are u working out yet, if so what are u doing during your workouts, and if not why? and how much Water are u drinking?

Hang in there I lost very slow at first, then went about a month and a half and lost nothing. Then all of a sudden last month I lost 19lbs in one month. nothing changed. I think my body just finally figured out that this is a good thing and its not going anywhere, so it finally let go of the weight.

Hi there -

I sooooo understand. I was banded on 12/21/07 and I didn't see more than an 8 pound weight loss until after March! That was almost more than 3 months!! Talk about depressed. I paid out of pocket for the procedure and I kept thinking that I totally wasted my money! But it did start coming off after my 5th or 6th fill - yes, it took that long!

I read all these posts and others banded at the same time as me seem to be losing so much more so much quicker, but I keep trucking along. When I was struggling at the beginning I didn't read as many posts because they were depressing to me in my situation. Let's face it, they still are!! My average loss is far behind some of my peers on this site. I don't post often, but I had to let you know you are NOT alone! Hovever, my loss averages out to 1 pound a week. Which is just about where you are too. Hang in there!

dear salam

i feel you on this,i exercise faithfully and try to do the low carb thing but ssometimes it it very frustrating,i have lost total of 70 pds since oct 07 and was banded nov 27 07 so the last 2months i ahve lost only 5 pds but i just keep on going cause i was cash pay and i will not waste my money among my health just do not get so down,keep trying and be patient but stay on track with healthy eating and exercise,it is hard to remember the band is just a tool it does not interfere with absorption.try to stay positive one pd a wk is hard to accept but it will come off.give your body time to adjust to the new you.

I'm right there with you, I was banded on 4/29 and have lost 8.5lbs since surgery. I went today for my 1st fill and the doc put 4cc in. I asked him while I was there if my weight loss was normal, and he said yes average is 1-2 a week and that's about where I am. He said some people do loose more faster but not everyone and to not be discouraged. He said he is very happy with my progress and my fill should help with curbing my hunger and come back in 2 weeks. I really understand your frustration and concern, but when I get a little upset that I'm not 20lbs lighter already, I just think 1 i'm still 8lbs lighter. 2 I'm loosing not gaining and that is exciting, and 3rd and finally, if I continue with 1.5 lbs a week I'll have lost 78lbs by 1yr and thats incredible. So although it may not be coming off as fast as we want it to, the scale is still going down and that all I wanted.

best of luck

U know i got a fill today and he put 2cc's n which made a total of 5cc's I have maintained my weight loss from when i weighed myself the week after i was banded.. See my body is like this here it's like listen chick i know u, u will workout for a few weeks and then stop.. so im not sure if u are going to keep it up or not so i will get lazy and wont show u any results until i think u have worked hard enough...lol... then about a month after i start working out i will see the weight loss.. so nothing to worry about.. it happens... it will come off..just like u said better off than on.. better down than up..

well, I have paid for my own band as well, and really want to see results, as i said before i can eat anything!! i do go to the gym and workout traidmill for 30mins everyday, i cant do more coz i have some back problems at the moment. what shall i do more? what shall expect more?? my scale is not moving, good it's not moving up, but still not moving down!!! i'll wait and see:sad:, should i take more fills ???

you have done well for the weight you have lost. everyone is diffent. are you exercising? this will help speed things along. good luck. don't weigh your self, take measurements and if you weight only weigh once a week.

Thanks for writing in, I'm 2 months out and haven't lost since 11 days after surgery (4/10/08). I haven't wanted to read these posts very often because it seems like EVERYONE is losing like crazy, except me. It's comforting to know that I'm not alone in my experience.

Mia