Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March Bandsters How Many Fills ?

Thanks for the reply, Dewl, and I think it's fabulous that you took the time to write all that down. But one question I still have is... how many grams of Protein do you consume each day?

Chica,

I'd say i'm getting at least 50 grams of Protein. But to be honest, i don't count protein grams or calories for that matter. I just try to watch portion size and focus on protein. The majority of what i eat tends to be protein anyway since i don't have room for much else. My doctor told me to shoot for between 50 - 70 grams of protein per day.

I am not a March Bandster, but close, 2/27/08. I have had one fill. I was talking to my program coordinator the other day because I have no idea what kind of band I have, how much it holds, or how much my fill was. My surgeon apparently does not think this is important information for me. I am not hunger between meals and am satisfied with my portion size.

Maybe dumb question, but I don't really understand "restriction". Maybe I am there, but without a great definition, I don't really know. Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Interesting but in my humble opinion, I think it is important to know what size/type band you have and what fill level you are at. If you are out away from your hometown area or where you had surgery and have an emergency, it would be good info to know immediately. I'd ask them to tell you and if they won't I'd wonder why not. An informed patient is a good patient!

Hi fellow March bandsters. My signature below states my # of fills (and my one unfill). I too, like NewYearNewMe do not really know the amount my band holds or how much is in each fill. My Dr. sort of mumbles something whenever I ask. But I do know that I got 3 cc's last time which was too much at the time so I went back a week later and they took 2 cc's out. But Special K is right....what if I do have an emergency situation? I am going to ask the girls in the office to read my past info in my chart and copy it down the very next time I go.

And to Dewl....I know you have heard it before about exercise. It really does help so much. And you end up feeling so much better too. If you can just try something that doesn't seem so hard. I started walking with a neighbor 3 years ago. Now I'm running a mile 6 days a week. Believe me, if I can do it, anybody can!

Hi Everyone, I am now at 3 fills. This last fill I was given a 1 cc. The other 2 prior fills I had about 3 cc. So I think I am at 7 cc in my 10 cc band. My doctor will not tell exactly how much is my band because she does not want me to focus on the numbers, but how I feel when I am eating. This last fill I now live by the rules, including the 1/2 cup per meal. I can no longer eat any more without getting sick. :biggrin: So I am glad. I think I have finally hit the sweet spot. I have lost 8 pounds in one week. So I am glad to see the scale finally moving the proper direction. :angry:

Katie K.

Hi to all that were banded in March! I was

banded March11,2008. I have a 10cc band

I have had 3 fills, I am at 6cc which seem to

be perfect for me. I feel restriction. I don't

know if I need another fill, will talk with Dr.

He did not put a fill in last time because I had

just had my gallbladder taken out.

I have lost 65 lbs. I am really excitied.

Susie:smile:

Banded 3/3/08 & just had 4th fill yesterday. Now up to 6 cc's in 10 cc band. Still a little sore so taking it easy, but can really feel a difference. Maybe this is the beginning of the end!

So far, I've had 4 fills and 2 unfills. When I got my last fill on July 29, I was at 5.9 cc and had a .05 cc fill. I had to get a slight unfill (.02) because I was not able to eat a decent meal. Wow, what a difference that made! So now I have a total of 6.2 cc and I finally have perfect restriction. I love my band! I can't say that enough.

WOW.....everyone is doing so well!!! I was banded on 3-17-08 and my doctor is very conservative; I've only had two fills, both .5 cc each, so to date only 1 cc in a 10 cc AP band....I am now averaging about a loss of 4 lbs each month which I guess is good but able to eat more than I should! I go again this month and am hoping to get another fill....can't wait to see what restriction feels like!!!!

Edited by Wendys81963

Hi-I've only had one fill, 3.5ml in a 10 ml band. I seem to be in a minority on this thread. I have been struggling a bit and was thinking I may need a fill, I can eat more than I know should be, but I have a lot of hunger sometimes especially in the evenings. I have an appt in 2 weeks so I guess time will tell.

Banded 3/24/08 with only 1 fill. 4cc in a 14cc band. I go back to the doctor on 8/20/08 and hope to get a small fill. I am losing, but I do feel hungry at times.

Has there been any research on which type of band is better or does it make a difference? Some have a 10cc band and others have 14cc. Just a question, I have not done any research. I guess it doesn't matter now, I am not getting an exchange. I am happy, happy, happy!!!

Sugar - when I was pre-op my MD said they decide once they are in there which size to use on you, so I didn't know until after my surgery which one I had. My friend has an older band that only holds 6 ml. put in by the same surgeons.

I was banded March 28th with a 10cc band which is now half full. I've lost 64 pounds thus far and my doctor wouldn't give me another fill as per scheduled last month. He said I was doing too well. But now it's been near 4 weeks and I don't feel much restriction nor have I lost any weight despite upping my work out routine (prolly gaining muscle) So I begged for my third fill and have an appt in 6 days for it. YAY!!! My scars are fading, my back doesn't hurt anymore, my blood sugar is almost always normal, I am sleeping much better and have twice as much energy. All of that is just making me want to get the rest of the weight off (still have 160 more to go) Every day I am happier that I got this procedure done. It get's easier and easier everyday as old habits fall by the wayside replaced by new found patience, good new habits and success. Never give up.

Got my adjustment this week for a total of 6 cc's in my band!

Congrats SugarBean!!! Isn't it great to have a boost from an adjustment?!?!!? No stoppin us now!!!