Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I would keep my lap band but gee, does it have to be so hard. I was so sick for 4 weeks after it was put in I never ate or drank anything almost. Felt as if nothing would go down.

Then the first fill took 25 or more times which was no picnic when looking up the needle is similar to looking up a garden hose. But I had no trouble with the first fill after that.

My second fill, went in easier, only 5 attempts before filling, I am now up to 7 I think. Not sure about that, the doctor says I have 2, and that I started with 5 in the tube. Does that add up to 7 or two?

With this second fill which has been 9 days now, I can not eat, even ice cream or Mac and cheese, not even able to drink my tea in the morning. Soup is so slippery it slips right back up and of course I toss it, just like I did for the 4 weeks after the surgery. Question could I just swell more than most so that being along with swelling lasts longer on me and that is the problem?

Oh and the best part is when I turn over at night clear thick liquid flows out of my nose. My husband may start diapering my nose, of course it seems like I am a model t engine with the burps, little cranky ones one right after another. I have Barretts desease, so I always have trouble with acid reflux but I am sure this constant throwing up is not helping. So gang, am I having a similar problem to when I first had the band in? It will go away in a few more weeks? Is what I am doing considered different after the surgery. When I had the surgery, the doctor did not believe me when I told him I was not able to swallow anything, not even my own salivia for those weeks, I would rather come here for the answer, I hope my story is not so long and complicated you are still able to follow it.

Teckla:confused::thumbup::confused:

Teckla, if you are having those kind of problems, then my thoughts are you are too tight. If it has been 9 days since the fill, your swelling should be down. It sounds like you are very similiar to me, you have to be very non-aggressive with your fills and just a small amount can make a huge difference. Does your doctor have you drink before leaving the office to make sure everything is going down ok?

Honestly, if my doctor had as much trouble finding the port as yours seems to, and then didn't believe me when I told him I couldn't keep anything down, I would be looking for a new doctor. He is obviously not sensitive to your needs and what reason would you have for lieing to him and saying you can't even swallow your own saliva.

Additionally, I would suggest that you have a fill done under flouro just to make sure everything truly is ok with your band. If you were having that much trouble keeping things down, you may have a small slip and need a complete unfill to help it get back into place.

I have to agree with Susan about everything. It appears that you may need a slight unfill. Don't stay to tight for to long. Best of Luck!

You really need yo take some of your fill out and if the DR. dosn't believe what you say then i would be ? that to. You and your DR. are supposed to be a team together

Thanks everyone for the answers, when the doctor tried to do a unfill he was not able to hit the port, I had surgery and a unfill now if feel better but taking that quarter of CC out makes me feel like I can eat anything

Hannateckla

I had same problems for 3 months.Ended in hospital with SEVERE dehidration,a slipped band, and a pulmonary blood clot due to dehidration.2 weeks in hospital, just came home.Loosen the band for awhile till acid reflux is gone and watch for dehidration