Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have not been lost any weight in about a week and I am almost 4 weeks out from being banded. I am on soft solid foods and have been ok with it. I have tried to stay away from high carbs. I usually walk about 2 miles everyday. So here is what I didn't realize, I am not getting a lot calories throughout the day and I thought I must be getting to many. I just logged my food intake into Daily Plate and I only got 691 calories today. Is this ok or is this a reason I am staying at the same weight? I didn't weigh today because my next weigh day is tomorrow. Do I need to be getting more calories? How should I go about this without snaking. I am so lost in this process. I want to lose the weight and I know they say focus on healing at this point and I am but I have cut back on how much I eat and I am not losing anything.......HELP!!!!!

Thank you in advance for reading and commenting!!!!

Edited by holly11

Hi Holly, it may be because you moved to the mushie stage. It is quite common to gain weight between mushy and even solids. Your caloric intake should be anywhere between 600-800 or 1k maximum. That is what the Dieticians recommend. I would wait it out a few more days or up your calories to 900-1k and see how you do. Don't be too discouraged. Now is the time to heal. The weight loss will come after you begin fills. Good luck.

your not eating enough calories. Your body is preserving its fat to live on because it thinks you are starving it, you need more calories hon. I know it's not easy.

I wondered if my lack of weight loss in the past 2 weeks was due to eating too little!! (what a new thought!) I was eating about 400 calories and the doc told me that maybe that is what my body needs to maintain.....I don't think so! I was just banded on May 13 and in the last few days of full liquids. I have lost 28 lbs. so I am not complaining. But I think my body is shocked and saying, "waaaaaait a minute--hold on to everything! where's the food??"

So Gone4ever (also a May 13th bander)--I hope you are right!

Now for a question---what's the difference between soft foods and mushie foods?

Hi Holly, it may be because you moved to the mushie stage. It is quite common to gain weight between mushy and even solids. Your caloric intake should be anywhere between 600-800 or 1k maximum. That is what the Dieticians recommend. I would wait it out a few more days or up your calories to 900-1k and see how you do. Don't be too discouraged. Now is the time to heal. The weight loss will come after you begin fills. Good luck.

This is not what my dietician recommended. My dietician recommended 1000-1200 calories per day. I've slowed down in my weightloss as well and was wondering what your daily caloric intake was.