Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Would you get breast implant.....??

Would you get breast implants after weight loss??  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Would you get breast implants after weight loss??

• Yes definatly, ive worked hard to get where i am, why not!
    • No, im happy the way they are.
    • Maybe.....im not to sure.

Well back in the 90's I have a reduction went from a 32III to a 32 c/d (it was a keyhole anchor incision with total removal and placement of the aureole. I am not sure if they will do more surgery on my boobs. I most likely wont lose much in my breasts, cause when I had the reduction all they left me was mammary tissue, and maybe a smidge of fatty tissue but I don't think so. After kids I am sitting at a High C Low D size (depends on the bra tbh). I might try and talk them into a lift, but after being as large as I was the PS back then told me my boobs had no elasticity to them anymore.

Time and weight loss will tell though.

I had breast augmentation in March/08 and I'm SO happy with the results. I'm 5'10", I was a C before the weight loss, I went down to a B and they literally pooled in my bra, I couldn't get one to fit properly. Now I'm a DD (550 cc implant placed through the armpits, no scars on or under my breasts). I got the whole "you'll be too big, they'll look huge, etc., etc., etc. from everyone in my life, but because of my height/ current weight they look proportionate and full. I'm a huge believer in plastic surgery, I have no problems with any plastic surgery if it makes you feel more confident and happy with YOURSELF. It has nothing to do with what anyone else thinks for me. Life is too short for me to be obsessing over things that can be repaired after all this weight loss. I'm very happy with the results!

Thats a great attitude to have, after all its your body! You worked hard to get where you are, and as long as you are happy, nobody else matters!

I also like the idea of the procedure being done through the armpits so there is no scaring, i take it they have to be filled through a port of somesort? Prob a stupid question, but do they leave behind the port in your armpit??

I had breast augmentation in March/08 and I'm SO happy with the results. I'm 5'10", I was a C before the weight loss, I went down to a B and they literally pooled in my bra, I couldn't get one to fit properly. Now I'm a DD (550 cc implant placed through the armpits, no scars on or under my breasts). I got the whole "you'll be too big, they'll look huge, etc., etc., etc. from everyone in my life, but because of my height/ current weight they look proportionate and full. I'm a huge believer in plastic surgery, I have no problems with any plastic surgery if it makes you feel more confident and happy with YOURSELF. It has nothing to do with what anyone else thinks for me. Life is too short for me to be obsessing over things that can be repaired after all this weight loss. I'm very happy with the results!

There's no port, they put the incisions (1 inch) in each armpit, endoscopically (they make a tunnel) go through the tissue to the breast, make the pocket through there, roll up the implants and slide them through the tunnel, flatten them out and fill them through a tube through the armpit incision. Then they take out the tube and just close the incisions. I can barely see the scar in my armpit, he hid the incisions in the folds. Not every plastic surgeon does this type of augmentation, I live in Canada (Saskatchewan) and had to travel to Vancouver to have it done this way. It was worth the extra $$ for surgery and travel to not have any visible scars though.

i am so getting the girls done! lifted and implants. as of right now, with 40lbs gone, i basically have a flap of skin with nipples! its so sad. and gross. i hate it. i really lost all of my boobs. but i just keep tellin myself that i will get them back! and they will look great! keeps me from getting depressed, lol...

I think its really good the way they do the procedure, and with no scars on the actual breasts! excellent, how much more does the procedure cost to be done like this? does it take longer than if they were to insert them through an incision on the breast?

Is there an actual name for the way that it is done?

There's no port, they put the incisions (1 inch) in each armpit, endoscopically (they make a tunnel) go through the tissue to the breast, make the pocket through there, roll up the implants and slide them through the tunnel, flatten them out and fill them through a tube through the armpit incision. Then they take out the tube and just close the incisions. I can barely see the scar in my armpit, he hid the incisions in the folds. Not every plastic surgeon does this type of augmentation, I live in Canada (Saskatchewan) and had to travel to Vancouver to have it done this way. It was worth the extra $$ for surgery and travel to not have any visible scars though.

Jachut quoted something recently that she had seen in another thread that was Soooo funny and very apt for this thread:

"I lost my boobs, but I still have the bags they came in."

That is a perfect description of my situation -- but not for much longer :wink2:

Buffie, if I were as tall as you, I would SO be going with a D cup or larger. I'm sure it looks just awesome!!!

I am a DD right now and I have been loosing in my upper portions already. If it gets to the point that I have saggy, droopy, floopy boobs I will have to consider having a lift kit and raise them to the roof too.

Absolutely... without hesitation!! I have always had average sized breasts, but were always flat and ugly to me. I want to Pump-Them-UP!!

:confused2: I am just starting to loose weight, had my band on May 5th, and of course it is all up top.

I know that it will be awhile before any reconstructive surgery will take place on my breast or anywhere else for that matter. I would just like to find a really good bra, I am a 46 DDD right now :thumbup: and I just can't seem to find something that will hold the girls up, and not be pointy or have big lines showing through your shirt or what seems like 100 hooks in the back to latch it all in. I would love to know where to get a "Real" good bra. If anyone has an idea or suggestion, please let me know.

One who's never though of going wild in the powder room or anywhere else for that matter. There is a first time for everything and I am ready for the ride....:)

Have you tried Lane Bryant's Cacique bras? They are miracle workers!

Edited by LilMissDiva

Absolutely... without hesitation!! I have always had average sized breasts, but were always flat and ugly to me. I want to Pump-Them-UP!!

Have you tried Lane Bryant's Cacique bras? They are miracle workers!

I am a 40 DDD and I SWEAR by these bras!!!!!!!!!!! They are amazing, I bought three for about $100, so their not TOO expensive either, especially considering how great they are. They last really long too, just make sure you don't machine wash them.

I am a 40 DDD and I SWEAR by these bras!!!!!!!!!!! They are amazing, I bought three for about $100, so their not TOO expensive either, especially considering how great they are. They last really long too, just make sure you don't machine wash them.

I might have to look into those bras.

Guest Leslie2Lose

That's what I wear too! They are the only ones that I buy. I've bought one or two at Dillards, but still like Lane Byant's bras. They'll have buy one get one 1/2 off every now and then. I rack up then!

I def need to check out those bras lol

I love them!!!!!!!!! I can't say enough good things about them. And they are still sexy and "normal," they don't have 5 inch wide straps or like 14 hooks on the back like most full coverage bras made for bigger ladies do. And they come in good colors and are super satin-y, I have ones in purple, black, and gold. I call the gold one my Beyonce bra hahaha.

Hahaha the whole 14 hook thing reminds me of a funny story, a little risque if you don't mind lol, some time last summer I was fooling around with this really hot guy I met in school, and the time came when he tried to unhook my bra lol, when it wouldn't come off he seemed confused, went back to check, and noticed he wasn't close to finished unhooking hahahahahha. He was like, oh sorry I didn't know they made bras with this many hooks..... Oh my god I was so embarrassed! At least I can laugh about it now lol.

:thumbup:I would get a breast lift or implants..if I was left wit sagging boobies..im not gonna go thru all this work..just to end up with boobs that look like socks with tennis balls in them! lol!!!