Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Would you get breast implant.....??

Would you get breast implants after weight loss??  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Would you get breast implants after weight loss??

• Yes definatly, ive worked hard to get where i am, why not!
    • No, im happy the way they are.
    • Maybe.....im not to sure.

Not only would I, but I am getting a breast lift, plus silicone implants a week from Friday. I am SO looking forward to it too!

I am actually a bit surprised at how enthused I am about this, I have always been a "B" cup and always rather liked my petite bustline, but now all of a sudden, I am looking forward to having a real bustline. I started out telling my surgeon that I wanted to be a small "C," and now I've told him that I want to be a full "C," and who knows, by next week, I might be considerably higher up in the alphabet and into the double-letters as well :eek:.

All kidding aside, my Dr. knows that I want a very "natural" look and from what I have seen from his photos, he seems to be excellent at achieving this.

I was surprised that my small bustline needed a lift, and my Dr. said that I was a "borderline" case, but that I would have a better, longer-lasting result if I went ahead and had the lift along with the implants.

By the way, I love the name for this new ladies section of the board -- too funny :)!

Mango, good luck with your breast reduction surgery!

Edited by Frangipani

Okay, you are I are in the same place...although on opposite ends of the world.

You've managed to describe my boobs perfectly and I'm considering the same concerns you have as well. I want a lift but not sure about the whole "implant" thing. I have D's that just don't stay where they belong. If I lay on my back, they end up tucked nicely under my armpits. EWWWWWW!:eek:

I'm really not sure on this one. I'm getting a lift, that much is determned, I'm not at all unsure about having PS to fix a part of my body that's really suffered. But I *may* need an implant to fill out the stretched out skin on the tops of breasts, I've lost ALL the volume there. It sounds impossible, but I"m a DD but look flat chested. I have this looooong expanse of bony chest, the curve of my rib cage actually sticks out further than my breasts.

I'm not sure I will get the result i want just by a lift - I'm getting several opinions on this.

Because truth is I dont want implants - I fear the health consequences, I dont want further surgeries down the line. What an I going to do at 60, get a new set of plastic tits or let what will be utterly destroyed hang on my chest when the old ones have to come out? It really worries me. And I dont like fake boobs to be honest, I dont want that melons on my chest look. I just want back the boobs I used to have. But to fix the emptiness of the skin, the advice I've had so far is that Id need round implants, not the more natural teardrop shaped ones. I also dont want bigger boobs than I have because I think big boobs just make you look fatter again. I dont really like big boobs.

But I look down at my breasts, yeah, I have a bra on and they sit puddled in there, like two old deflated sacks of skin, its REALLY ugly. I cant even show off my cleavage because its so loose and flaccid.

So I dont know, but I'll probably get implants if necessary.

I just dont want to go under the knife and spend that much money for a result I might be disappointed in, you know? I want to do it once and do it properly.

The thing that puts me off the most I guess is my sister is a breast care consultant, looks after women who have lost a breast to cancer, who are going through cancer treatment, etc and she's like do NOT do it!!!!! Do NOT get implants!

If I do, I wont be telling my family - I can cover that one under the guise of they look so much better because they've been lifted. I dont make a habit of getting round in plunging to the waist numbers, lol, and they dont actually get to see my boobs, so I hope they dont have to know. Coz I'll get major grief for it.

I spoke with my doctor about this very thing today. I'm definitely doing the boobs (lift and aug) as well as a Tummy Tuck and thighs. I have worked hard to lose my weight and I want to look and feel fantastic with and without clothes on! My band surgeon does tummy tucks, thighs and arms and I'm inclined to let him do that as he is a very good surgeon. He would refer me to someone else for the boobs.

My mom has silicone implants that are 28 years old and they still look great at 65 years of age!!! I hope mine do as well!

I think implants give a breast lift a nicer result, and if the Dr. is skilled with breasts, they will look natural.

Also, many times when you see a woman you see with fake-looking breasts, it's her fault, not the Dr.'s. If a woman wants an implant that is too large for her natural anatomy, the result will be fake-looking. Often the Dr. will try to explain this to the patient and dissuade her from going too large, but the patient doesn't care because she just wants large breasts.

My Dr. showed me a few photos of patients like this, and he didn't consider them to be his best results, but the patients were thrilled because they wanted huge breasts, and that's all they cared about.

Implants can look very natural and nice (especially silicone), if done properly -- the key is to choose the right Dr., and explain your wishes thoroughly to him or her.

I don't know if will be brave enough to post before and after photos, but if I am, I will post here, because if nothing else, I know my chest is going to turn out looking great -- my Dr. does awesome breasts!

Edited by Frangipani

I think it depends on how they end up. If the surgeon can roll 'em up and tuck everything back together in a nice, neat package, well, great!

Otherwise, I'm not opposed to a little, uh, help. :eek:

Currently, I look like something out of National Geographic without a bra (you know - chicken cutlets down to the knees). But with a good bra, nobody's the wiser. I'm still about a 40G (HTF that is possible, is still a feat of physics and engineering). Dunno what will happen as I continue to lose weight...

-m

Edited by dancinglamb

I don't think I would get implants, I have always had big boobs, but I will probably get a lift in a few years when I have lost all my weight. Mine have always been saggy though, even when I was thin.

:confused2: I am just starting to loose weight, had my band on May 5th, and of course it is all up top.

I know that it will be awhile before any reconstructive surgery will take place on my breast or anywhere else for that matter. I would just like to find a really good bra, I am a 46 DDD right now :eek: and I just can't seem to find something that will hold the girls up, and not be pointy or have big lines showing through your shirt or what seems like 100 hooks in the back to latch it all in. I would love to know where to get a "Real" good bra. If anyone has an idea or suggestion, please let me know.

One who's never though of going wild in the powder room or anywhere else for that matter. There is a first time for everything and I am ready for the ride....:)

I have ginormous boobs right now, I'm a 40 DDD,

If you are ginormous, then what am I at 34J? My largest used to be a 48H/I. LOL:biggrin:

For many years I wore the wrong cup size because the stores only carry DD/F at most. I always bought my band size too big so the cups would fit, but that only contributed to bad support and contributed to my sag :)( Once I had been properly measured and discovered my true size I have had to had to order my bras.

I have found a wonderful company who I oder my bras from and even will cut them down for me so I can get the best fit. Currently for a soft cup I oder a 36H and have it cut down to 33 inches which comes to an I cup. (because I love this bra and it does not come in my size).

I can find plenty of underwire cups in my size, so now I am begining to have fun for the first time in my life finding "pretty" & "sexy" bras - no more beigh/white for me!!

I want a lift w/ implants but not sure how large I want to stay. Maybe a DDD :eek:

Hahaha its ginormous next to most of my "small B" friends. If your a 34J, wont implants make you even bigger?? A DDD where you want to be is probably a lot smaller than a J lol.

Well I am figuring w/ a lift I would loose some size - and am thinking an implant would be needed to help regain the fullness. I know I wouldn't want to be J when I am at my goal, that wouldn't look right... well unless I was making films :eek:)

I have just recently learned about mastppexy, but am not sure if that will be "good enough" to give me the nice full look I want.

DDD might be a good size heck even DD if I end up having as small of a frame that I think I have hidding.

I am about 75% sure I am going to need a lift, but I am praying I don't need implants. I started this journey at a DD, I am a D now, but it has been since high school since I was at my goal weight. I am not sure what nursing two children is going to have done with my body. I think as long as I am a full B cup, I would not get the implants. I also fear the long term complications of implants, so I am going to just have to wait and see!

Guest Leslie2Lose

I am already expecting to have PS. At my heaviest I was a 44DDD and now down to a 38DD. I know I'll have to have a lift and possibly impants to make them look natural. At goal I hope I'll be a full C or small D...it depends on what they look like after this excess weight it gone weather or not I'll get implants too.

I am about 75% sure I am going to need a lift, but I am praying I don't need implants. I started this journey at a DD, I am a D now, but it has been since high school since I was at my goal weight. I am not sure what nursing two children is going to have done with my body. I think as long as I am a full B cup, I would not get the implants. I also fear the long term complications of implants, so I am going to just have to wait and see!

You do not have to get implants under any circumstances if you don't want them. Doctors have the ability to do amazing things with your own fat and tissue to fill out your breasts and make them look young and perky again. The decision as to whether or not to have an implant is purely personal preference, based on what you like and want.

whats that? ive never heard of that before....

Mastopexy, is the technical term that doctors use for what we call "breast lift." A Tummy Tuck is called "abdominoplasty," this is another term you will see a lot when you start considering and reading about plastic surgical procedures.