Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Would you get breast implant.....??

Would you get breast implants after weight loss??  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Would you get breast implants after weight loss??

• Yes definatly, ive worked hard to get where i am, why not!
    • No, im happy the way they are.
    • Maybe.....im not to sure.

Boobies!!! :P

I have been considering a lift for sometime now. When I lose weight the first place I tend to lose is my breasts. According to supposed experts I should be wearing a 38 dd for my measurements, but I don't have the volume on the top portion to fill that size bra out. I have been told that the reason so many women have the back fat look is due to a redistribution of fatty tissue from wearing poorly fitted bras. I wish I could just take all the fat from those areas and redistribute in the right place, LOL!!!!

I have heard of people getting breast augmentation using their own fatty tissue, but then again that would decrease in time as well and your girl's would go back south.

I do know that I get some tingling sensations and sometimes pain due to heaviness of droopy boobies, so maybe I can get insurance to pay for something since I am self-pay for band.

I hope you can figure something out and can get your boobies fixed up :P

I have implants already, i got them when i was closer to my goal weight about 4 years ago. I've always been at least "thick" (personally hate that word) but hardly any boobs, so I wanted to be more porportionate. As I gained weight, of course they got larger, but i've already noticed them decreasing since i've lost some weight. One person even asked me if i was worried about losing my boobs when i lose weight, but i know at a certain point, there wont be any more to shrink, since saline doesnt shrink.

Not sure if this has been answered yet, I saw in an earlier post that someone was concerned about losing nipple sensation. I wouldnt want to lose that either. My PS Dr. in Scottsdale (Dr. Borsand) is awesome, he has what he calls a 24 hr procedure, leaves a very small scar under the boob, about the length of a quarter, very small I think, and my implants are under the muscle and within 24 hours you are fine. It is an outpatient procedure, the next day you just feel a little sore, like a hard workout from the day before kinda sore. I still have nipple sensation (yay).

At the time, he told me I had a 50/50 shot that the size i chose and that i didn't need a lift at the time that the implants themselves would kinda lift them. He could have done a lift while he was there, but i opted not to. (i was raised poor and for some reason always take the least expensive route) Now, i wish i had gotten the lift.

But, i think most lifts do leave you with no nipple sensation. A coworker had a lift and they completely removed her nipples and sewed them back on. (yeah, i know, huh, not what i want to do!) So, i choose to buy a good bra.

I'd hate to not have nipple sensation.

Guest Leslie2Lose

To be honest I don't have much of one now. My nerve ending area not very sensative. I'm not a very tickilish person.. Maybe when I lose weight it will help that. So that really doesn't concern me much.

I have been considering a lift for sometime now. When I lose weight the first place I tend to lose is my breasts. According to supposed experts I should be wearing a 38 dd for my measurements, but I don't have the volume on the top portion to fill that size bra out. I have been told that the reason so many women have the back fat look is due to a redistribution of fatty tissue from wearing poorly fitted bras. I wish I could just take all the fat from those areas and redistribute in the right place, LOL!!!!

I have heard of people getting breast augmentation using their own fatty tissue, but then again that would decrease in time as well and your girl's would go back south.

I do know that I get some tingling sensations and sometimes pain due to heaviness of droopy boobies, so maybe I can get insurance to pay for something since I am self-pay for band.

The tissue in the procedure I have looked at isn't fatty tissue but subcutaneous tissue. The advantage is that it retains its own blood supply and most of it survives the transplant (not all of it). Since there isn't fat it retains its volume but looks natural even with aging. There are more surgeons doing fat transfer but that can end up with 50% or more loss of the transferred fat, and like you said it deflates when you lose weight.

It's not too hard to get insurance to pay for breast reductions if you have a DD or greater. You'll want to tell them about the pain and tingling, and they'll ask you about things like back and neck pain and shoulder pain from your bra straps. Most PS are pretty well versed with the insurance protocols for getting these procedures covered, and they've been paying for them for years. Tummy tucks are a different story.

HTH!

Thanks for the info gkeyt. I will have to check into this further.

I'd LOVE not to have nipple sensation, lol. Its like fingernails on a blackboard to me, I loathe them being touched and barely let DH near mine - and since I fed 3 babies for 2 years each, its ten times worse, I just cant forget the sensation of rushing milk when the let down happened and the feeling of a baby latching on. There's NOTHING in the least sexual about my breasts to me, apart from how they make me look all over kind of thing. No nipple sensation would not worry me in the slightest.

Breast Lift Here I come

I have a tentative date for Dec 09. It is tentative until I pay the $1500.00 deposit.

I started out wearing a 38 G (yes that does exist). After losing about 47 pounds I went out to buy a new bra. That was a 36 E. I have since lost 19 more pounds. I will be very happy as a D cup. It will mean buying bras at regular stores instead of paying over $150.00 at specialty stores.

Once I get my breast lift, I am hoping that I will not need the industrial style bras, to hold the girls up in the rightful place.

I like my nipples hehe besides the fact that they get hard when I have to pee or I am cold :|

Breast Lift Here I come

I have a tentative date for Dec 09. It is tentative until I pay the $1500.00 deposit.

I started out wearing a 38 G (yes that does exist). After losing about 47 pounds I went out to buy a new bra. That was a 36 E. I have since lost 19 more pounds. I will be very happy as a D cup. It will mean buying bras at regular stores instead of paying over $150.00 at specialty stores.

Once I get my breast lift, I am hoping that I will not need the industrial style bras, to hold the girls up in the rightful place.

Michee - It sounds like you are about the same size I was. If you go for a reduction, insurance pays. Aren't they going to have to cut you the same to do a lift?

I hate my breasts sometimes. :| Specially when it's hot and bras and stuff and just the breasts and side saggyness on them get rashes -.-

I will definitely be getting a lift! I'm hoping to reach my goal weight by the beginning of next year and would love that to be my birthday present to myself. Don't know if I'll need an implant to fill them out or not, but I'm certainly open to the idea. I had a reduction about 10 years ago, so with the previous reshaping and current deflating of my boobs they are just sagging and oddly shaped. Scars from one side of my ribcage to the other make it look like my boobs start in my armpits! So I would love to have them reshaped, lifted, implanted, whatever, just so they look nice and full and perky and back up where they belong. A side note about nipple sensation... Didn't lose sensation after reduction, thank goodness, and would be very sad to lose it for a lift.

Hi Everyone, Remember me? I had my reduction on Friday. I just got back from my first Dr. visit. They took the tape off. I'm a little sore, but now I have some burn marks from the tape. The boobs look really good. I just took some pain meds. nighty, night.

I'm scheduled for my BR in Sept. and a little scared about it. I wouldn't mind have some more details... (Pain, how much you had taken off, how big you're going to be, etc.) Thanks and good luck.