Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

why are people such HATERS!!!!???

GG and Diz...thanks for the encouragement. I am a strong person and have taken three years to prepare for this surgery. It's getting so close and that is affecting me. Believe me, by the time I lay down to sleep tonight, I will have everything sorted through.

That last comment from my friend just brought everything to a head. She proved she does not know anything about what I am dealing with here. She stated that this is no different than Gastric Bypass and that it is proven not to work in the long run and that the risks are really great. Just irritated me to no end. I will be fine and thanks for your concern!

Guest Leslie2Lose

GG and Diz...thanks for the encouragement. I am a strong person and have taken three years to prepare for this surgery. It's getting so close and that is affecting me. Believe me, by the time I lay down to sleep tonight, I will have everything sorted through.

That last comment from my friend just brought everything to a head. She proved she does not know anything about what I am dealing with here. She stated that this is no different than Gastric Bypass and that it is proven not to work in the long run and that the risks are really great. Just irritated me to no end. I will be fine and thanks for your concern!

Hon, no one knows what you are going through until they walk in your shoes. That's one great thing about this site - everyone here has the same designer!

Once again ignorance; she isn't educated about the procedure and is freaking out. I can sympathize, my mother was the same way - at first. It hurts! It really hurts when those you love and care are judgemental about something so important to you. I hope she becomes more understanding and supportive of your decision. It is something she is going to have to sort out and come to terms with.

I have bounced around with wanting to get the lap band for a year now. Everytime someone tells me something negative I forget about it for awhile. This is the first time I have went to the doctor and told him about it and trying to get through six months of recorded dieting for my insurance purposes. I have two doctors who have told me the lap band is not as good as gastric bypass. People don't do well with the lap band and then I get on this site and I see other views. I don't want to do the gastric because it is more dangerous and non reversible. So I have made my mind up I am with you guys and I will show them all.

Cheryl

hi leslie,

I'm also not telling many people about the op, my mother and my sister and that it. If people are going to be negative, there gonna be negative. But as for me i don't have the time to listen to it...!

They dont live my life, or go through what i have to go through, or suffer from the effects of the weight i carry around. So stuff the lot of them.

They had better move outta my way , cos GG is coming through, no matter what they say or do!! :smile2:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

:thumbs_up:Yaaaaay! High Fives all round! You go girl!:lol:

Actually, Ive found other fat people the strongest opposers! They seem to feel like I've somehow been disloyal and joined the opposition.

Guest Leslie2Lose

Actually, Ive found other fat people the strongest opposers! They seem to feel like I've somehow been disloyal and joined the opposition.

I've ran across the same thing. I think it is in part jealousy. They don't want to be fat themselves and want you to stay like they are. Misery loves company. I've found thinner women though, who have been friendly before, view you as a threat...like you are invading their territory. Rules of the jungle, survival of the fittest!

You are so lucky to being able to get this done so soon. How long have you waited? What kind of pre op testing have you had done? I am in my second month with my six month diet for insurance purposes. They say that in my fifth month I will have ekg, echo, stress test, pulmonary functions testing, psych, and dietician. I will be checking for your reply.

Cheryl

u got that right.... because 2 of the people at my job that tried to talk me out of it came to me last week and were like Trina damn girl u are really coming down.. u lookn good... and it was a little icing on the cake.. but i want all of the icing on there because no matter what anyone says.. i will succeed....and u will too..

I to have this problem my family DR which has never said a word about the fact that my BMI is 40, when I asked him about it he told me just eat like a caveman, when I asked him to explain he said I wouldn't be fat if I limited my food intack to nuts ands berries. My bff wanted gastric bypass, she couldn't afford it, when I told her I'm having lap band in July she proceeded to tell me how stupid I am and how I should love myself as I am. I say to both of them I do love myself and my Family and intend on being here for a long time. ignorent people and jealous people HATE. I don't get mad, I feel sorry for them.

In reading your note several things come to mind...(1) hater, (2) so unprofessional, (3) ignorant to the facts, (3) hater!!

Hi all,

Im glad to know that im not the only one going through it, it is a true point that it is not only thin people that have issues with it. And its really shocks me how unprofessional some medical professions are.....eg eating nuts and seeds!!! I would of told him stick his nuts and seeds where the sun dont shine!! lol

it also makes me laugh the people that advise you against not getting it done, they see the results later and then want it done themselves!!

angel: i sooooo agree!!

GG.

I wish you well on your journey, because to me that exactly what it is. My PCP wasn't thrilled with WLS but I did my best to convince him that was what I wanted to do. Five months later here I am banded. I still wonder about the journey because I know I will doubt myself sometimes, but the future I look forward to is one where I can move freely without pain (knees hurt) walk into a store and not be told we don't carry your size, or go to fun parks and not have to check the weight allowed or size of the seats. That is freedom and a great life.

Hi Sue!

I really do understand what you are saying, im not doing this so i can become a size 0, im doing this for health reasons and to improve my quality of life and not to have to think about every little thing that i want to do, before i do it. Like you mentioned having to know if the seats at the restaurant i want to eat at had arms, not being able to go to themeparks because i cant fit in the rides, being able to walk for more than two minutes without my knees, back and ankles hurting and not having to pay a fortune for clothes!!!

GG.

I wish you well on your journey, because to me that exactly what it is. My PCP wasn't thrilled with WLS but I did my best to convince him that was what I wanted to do. Five months later here I am banded. I still wonder about the journey because I know I will doubt myself sometimes, but the future I look forward to is one where I can move freely without pain (knees hurt) walk into a store and not be told we don't carry your size, or go to fun parks and not have to check the weight allowed or size of the seats. That is freedom and a great life.

:lol: I totally 100% agree with this!!!