Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Marchies...jumpin' into June!

I think that was Whitepants' suggestion for the title. :)

How are we doing? I'm on a 1 month plateau now, which isn't terrible, but isn't great either. But I'm gonna lick it! I guess what I'm eating now is what it takes to maintain this weight at my current activity level. So I'm going to track what I'm eating on fitday for a couple of days, and see what I need to get my intake down to to start losing again. My exercise is fine--I'm running every other day (this week I'll do 14 miles, I did 18 last week and it was too much, too fast), swimming 2 days a week and lifting weights. So it's all eating. I've been enjoying eating out with friends and hubby a little too much, and not watching what I eat as closely. So I'm also going to plan my meals ahead. You know, back to basics. If I do all these things and I'm getting hungry or still not losing weight, I might go in for a fill--but I really think I'm at an okay level right now.

Anyone else? Are we getting out of our May blues yet?

Hope we have a great June!

:)

Looking forward to some warmer weather and getting out on my new bike. Feeling a little low lately as well. Lets hope June is the month to get us all in the right direction again. Going on a road trip with my DH (The Hot Rod Power Tour)starting on Thursday and not back until the 16th. That means all meals out for way too long to try to lose weight. HELP>>>> Any ideas of what I should try to keep stocked in the cooler? I am a big cheese eater and I know that its way too high in fat...I know..... I know..... I know but its a quick way to get protien. I really do need suggestions.

Rosi, why not take some protien bars,protien Water with you and low fat cheese sticks. You might also try taking small packages of lean ham or turkey in 1 oz ziploc bags. You could alway wrap the ham or turkey around a small piece of cheese.

I know it is hard right now for everyone, but we have to stand together to get us through this hard time.

Have a great trip and enjoy yourself. Sound like fun and a good break for you.

I am sitting here at work not only physically exhausted, but mentally. The physical exhaustion comes for re-shingling our house, putting in the garden and trying to keep up with the rest of the house work and yard work. The mental exhaustion comes from work. I was sitting at my desk and couldn’t figure out what I needed to do next. So I am taking a break.

Still sitting at 174, but I know why. First, I’m not eating enough. I tracked on sparkspeople and I have been getting between 600-800 cal per day. Way to low. I also have been eating "easy" foods. Solid Proteins, if I don’t pay very close attention, hurts going down. I also haven’t been eating right. I have been skipping exercise. You would think that being on a roof, hauling 90 lb bundles of shingles, climbing up and down the ladder for the last week, I would have lost something, nope. I guess that doesn’t count as exercise. I got the ball rolling by going for a 3 mile walk with my gf last night and plan on getting my equipment dusted off and getting my butt back on it.

I think we all must have a touch of spring fever the way we are felling lately. I hope that after this weekend, things slow down some. I don’t have a day off until next Friday (June 13) and I plan on relaxing.

Hope to be able to check in more often by the end of the month.

Take care

Hi All, glad to see we're seeing the light of way. Recognizing where we slacked off, need to retrain and correct our way of eating and jump starting our exercising.

Although we may not be losing at a rate we would like, our weight gain or plateau is not permanant. Some times we just need to step back and regroup. Like we're doing now.

I too am getting back into exercising. I lost 1" off my hips since I started step aerobics two weeks ago. So, that's incentative enough for me. Now that I've stopped eating spicy and hot foods, I'm able to eat regular meals again. Before, while waiting to get back to normal eating, I was just barely getting in two meals a day. Breakfast not really being one of them. And lunch taking almost 3 hours to get down and dinner just enough to say I'm having something to eat.

Rosi, this is a good time to test out your restraurant savvy. 1. Following Carol's advice, and try not to go to long between eating your meals. 2. Maybe eating appetizers, opposed to a full meal maybe, wrong word, WILL get you by. 3. Eating Soup before your meal. And walk as much as possible, also if you're staying in a hotel access their gym or just do exercise in your room before you leave for the day. See if you can access a fitness channel on tv and do them. You can do them while you hubby is taking his shower. You'll think of something. Make us Proud.

Let's hear how everyone intends to Jump Start their June overhaul.

Let's work on being vain and hear those "OH!, you look so good, you really look great". I know I am. I want my props for my hard work. Don't you?

Let's Go Gurls....

Edited by Whitepants

Thanks for the suggestion, that is a big help. I am off to do some shopping tomorrow and will be picking up the protien Water and bars. Great idea. Probably won't be on again until I return. Have a great few days and I hope everyone gets out side and gets moving to make that Damn scale to move in the right direction. By the way I was in A 6 week boot camp and only lost 2 LBs I was so disapointed with myself, then the leader said we really should take my measurement and I had lost a total of 8" WoooHooo!!!!!!!! :thumbup:Go figure

So everybody should go do their measurements for a boost, you might be pleasantly surprised too. We shouldn't just go by the scale. I know its easier said than done.

Take care talk to you all on my return.

Rosi, this is a good time to test out your restraurant savvy. 1. Following Carol's advice, and try not to go to long between eating your meals. 2. Maybe eating appetizers, opposed to a full meal maybe, wrong word, WILL get you by. 3. Eating Soup before your meal. And walk as much as possible, also if you're staying in a hotel access their gym or just do exercise in your room before you leave for the day.

These are great suggestions...except I'm confused about the soup part. Why soup? Just wondering. I've avoided it as liquid calories, unless i've just had a fill. Inquiring minds want to know!

I have not posted in a couple of months ... I go way too long without checking here. I was on a plateau for a few months but got a fill in April and it has made all the difference in the world. I am now less than 10 lbs from losing a full 100 ... that is amazing and flabergasting to me. Today makes exactly 15 months since surgery. I would not change it for the world.

I have this random pain in my right side. I feel like my 2nd rib is stabbing my insides (or something). My port is on the left side, so I don't think it could be band related, but it is the type of thing I tend to freak out about. I can eat fine, as well as any other day. I am OK if I stand or lay down, but if I sit it is uncomfortable and if I bend over it is painful. It is like there is no longer enough room in my insides for everything any longer. Has anyone experienced anything like this? I really keep thinking it can't be band related, but like I said, I worry about these things.

My gosh its hot today. I'm trying really hard not to turn the air on, trying to save money. Have seen the price of grocery's. Buying that protien is getting more expensive everyday. Let alone the price of gas. Its depressing.

Hope everyone is doing good. Just thougt I touch base.

Hi to all my fellow marchies!!!!!

It has been a long time since i have been on here... We were doing construction in my house i didnt have access t the internet... and it was absolutely been killing me not to be able to get on here!!!!

But the past two months have been bad... The scale kept going up no matter what i did... i got back to 206 !!!! (was going up and down b/w 206-202 and i was so disappointed...) But about a 1.5 wks ago i went to my surgeon for yet another adjustment and suprise suprise the scale is going down again.. im back at 198..... FINALLY!!!!

So now that the weather is finally working to our advantage... i have decided to start taking nice long walks with my dog cocoa !!! and belive it or not 1/2 way through our walks my dog is lagging behind and im still going strong!!!!

But would love to hear how the rest of you marchies are doing!!:angry:

Hello fellow Marchies

I am just checking in. I am so happy the weather has broken finally. I was starting to get tired of the gym's atmosphere. I have been jogging on the lake and biking on the lake also to switch things up a bit and that has been awesome!

Well I have set some goal for myself; I want to lose between 15 and 20 pounds before I go to Jamaica on July 30. So I have to say that I have stepped my routine up a few notches. I normally work our 5 days a week, but now I try to do between 6 or 7 days. So wish me luck team.

I have lost more weight, but I have not updated my ticker because I don’t do scales much. I try to gage myself on how I look and feel. (Which is probably crazy!!! lol) When I see my personal trainer or when I go to the doctor I will update this ticker. But I feel GREAT!!!

Lets GO HARD This SUMMER TEAM!!!

:thumbup:

Hi All, just reporting in. Just want to share something I've discovered for myself. Regarding the PB, what I've started doing now is taking two Beano pills and 4 Papaya pills along w/ a glass of warm Water in the mornings. This allows me to be able to eat Breakfast without too much difficulty. But when it comes to lunch and dinner I don't experience that tightness in my chest anymore. And I can eat my meals in one sitting. I still wait for any reactions but so far, for the last week I've had none.

As for my suggestion about the Soup, it depends of several factors. 1. if the Soup is served in a small/ cup size bowl, 2. depending on the soup, it's consistency (from thick to broth) and what's in it, 3. it usually comes before the appetizers (it's already prepared, just scoop and in the bowl). Giving you time to get the sensation of becoming full. I ordered a broccoli cheese soup which was very thick and when the meal arrived, I was only able to eat part of it. And of course took the balance home.

So, now that everyone is returning online, we can once again boost one another to get into the swing of things. I'm enjoying my step dance more now that I can keep up w/ the class. Next I want to get back into working w/ the gym's trainer. She has us working w/ everything. Weights, barbell, balls, and the machines. Anywhere from 30min to an hour. If you don't do the bike or treadmill before than, you won't after the workout.

So, that care of yourselves and get as much exercise in over the weekend. Eat plenty of fruits. Even make a fruit salad.

Jeni, welcome back! We missed you.

Gwen, do you think you might be filled a little tight? You were having heartburn before, and with the PBs and the papaya enzyme to eat Breakfast, and chest tightness? I'm a little concerned. What do you think? Have you seen your doc since all this started? Just want you to be okay!

Hope everyone's weekend is going well. It's raining in eastern Washington this weekend, ugh. Hope it's better where you all are!

Thanks Gwen... By the way how is school going for you???

I went to the Dr. on friday and he decided to run more tests on me...(which sucks considering i have been going to the dr. every two weeks for the past two months and he is running different tests every time..) and to tell you the truth im learning a little more about myself then i needed to know... my previous Dr. diagnosed me with PCOS based on symptoms alone.. but my new Dr. said that he wanted to check my hormone levels to see how bad it is and he also had me do a Glucose Tolerance Test... They took 8 tubes of blood 6 needle sticks all together... On the last blood draw i made the phlebotomist nervous because i guess i turned pale... they made me stay a few extra minutes to make sure i drank some Water and was ok to go home...

But now im anxiously awaiting the results of my test .. hoping to hear from my dr soon because i tend to be a little bit paranoid when it comes to things like this..

So my question to you all is... does anyone have PCOS? and is if so what form of treatment is your dr giving you??

My dr. has me on the birth control and his next step is to put me on metformin...

Thanks for bearing with my rambling .. i just needed to vent...:)

Good Morning Everyone, I'm to see the dr. on 6/19, and will let him know what's going on. At first he just told me to watch what I'm eating and to chew small bites and chew well. I thought about gettig an unfill several times. So depending on what he suggests, I'll just continue w/ this.

I also was prescribed heartburn medication, but didn't want to take another medication. So I opted for the beano and papaya combination.

It rained here in New York. Only in one of the 5 boroughs and the rain was well welcomed.

Jeni, I don't know of any w/ your problem. So go to old faithfull, the Internet and read up on it.

Well, everyone have a positive week.