Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What we need for hospital stay?

If you stay in the hospital just comfy clothes they have everything else.

If you stay in a hotel: clothes, lip balm, your own pillows, thats all I can really think of. I was so drugged that I really didn't need much. Just make sure someone is with you, because if you are having a problem they will notice it first.

Look under the commonly asked questions for new people.

I really didn't need anything when I went to the hospital accept for a change of comfy clothes. It worked better for me to have a size bigger in comfy sweats so that they weren't tight around my waste.

Toothbrush, toothpaste, comfy clothes, chapstick, hairband, liquid dial soap. That's what I had in the hospital. I was in too much pain to care about anything else.

I thought the same thing. My sister helped me with that question because she works at a hospital. She said the hospital provides a gown which is better to use than your own robe or gowns because you could get blood on your own gowns or PJs from the surgery. I would suggest using the hospital gown that is provided. I also used an extra cotton gown to drape over my shoulders like a cape so I could walk around the nurses' station the first day (I walked around it 13 times!).

You can get extra gowns and change them when you need to. The hospital gave me this neat slipper socks that you can walk in (they have treads on them). They put them on me pre-surgery and I kept them on until I left the hospital.

The hospital also provided me with a toothbrush, paste, mouthwash, lotion, etc. (even though I brought them with me).

Less is better than more. The hospital provides everything.

i brought my own slippers...i dont like the gripper sock things. i brought my own pillow. i forgot chapstick and i was dying! i brought my laptap, which has my itunes on it...i left it running all night so it drowned out most of the noise coming from the hall. alot of people really really like pushing the call button and in the middle of the night they must not have as many nurses on staff or something because some of them would go on and on and on so i was very thankful for the laptop! the hospital had wireless internet so that helped too...i couldn't really concentrate on anything for very long though...i brought a book and never touched it.