Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Frangipani & TexasBecky get Reconstructed

Karey---I had the standard muscle repair with my TT, and then I had a complete restructuring of the muscle on my left side. Many many years ago, a mean ex husband kicked me and ripped the muscle. At the time I had no insurance, and by the time he was gone, and I did, the weight was prohibitive to repair.

It had been documented way back when, which is part of the reason my insurance paid for the TT. I had some pretty good pain for about a week, but it was SOOOOOOOOOOO worth it!!!!

Kat

Becky, the new "do" is adorable! I agree that it shows off your beautiful slim face and the color (more ash? Less red?) is fantastic. Excellent change!!!

Hi Frangi. So glad to hear the surgery went well. Not that I'm surprised, just glad. Hope the pain goes aaway quickly and you can soon focus on healing!!!

Salsa and Kat: Thanks for your replies. I feel a little more reassured. I'm getting the pre-surgery jitters! All my work is going to be skin, but a lot of it. I know I'll cope, but it's just nerves and you all know about that! I think Frangi is pretty tough, so when she says its rougher, I get worried!

Frangi: Hope your feeling better today! Sending you lots of healing vibes and a prayer!

Hi everyone!

I spoke to Frangi for awhile today. She is doing great! She was leaving the hospital today and arriving at the hotel. Again, she sounded absolutely wonderful! We may hear from her tomorrow. If not, I will post again.

Hi Everyone!

I have to keep this post fairly short because the Dr. doesn't want me sitting straight up on my behind for the next few days (he wants me in more of an inclined position).

Thank you so much Jody for posting -- and I enjoyed our conversations!!

The surgery went just fine, and I was up and walking and doing fine today. Yes, the backside and the Lipo procedures are more painful than the TT (and to answer you question Karey, I did have muscle repair with my TT), but the pain is tolerable. It actually feels best when I am up and walking -- and I'm trying to do that as much as possible.

Anyhow, I feel great and I might even try to get out for a little while tomorrow.

I can't really tell how the buttocks augmentation looks yet because the butt is very swollen, plus it has a lot of extra padding and bandages on it, but I can say that the thighs look marvelous!!!!

More tomorrow. Have a great night everyone!!!! :thumbup::smile::mellow:

Frangi,

I'm glad to hear your up and walking around. I have missed many posts in the last few weeks and just realized you had already had your next surgery. Just in the last few days, my backside has been more tolerable. Since you are up sooner than I was and you were smart and split up your surgeries, I think you'll feel much better sooner than I did.

I'll be thinking of you.

Frangi, I'm thrilled to see that everything went so well once again. You are one tough cookie! Do try to rest and remember to take in as much Protein as you can. I'll be checking in as much as possible to see how you're doing. Wishing you another speedy recovery, Becky

Hi Everyone!

I have to keep this post fairly short because the Dr. doesn't want me sitting straight up on my behind for the next few days (he wants me in more of an inclined position).

Thank you so much Jody for posting -- and I enjoyed our conversations!!

The surgery went just fine, and I was up and walking and doing fine today. Yes, the backside and the Lipo procedures are more painful than the TT (and to answer you question Karey, I did have muscle repair with my TT), but the pain is tolerable. It actually feels best when I am up and walking -- and I'm trying to do that as much as possible.

Anyhow, I feel great and I might even try to get out for a little while tomorrow.

I can't really tell how the buttocks augmentation looks yet because the butt is very swollen, plus it has a lot of extra padding and bandages on it, but I can say that the thighs look marvelous!!!!

More tomorrow. Have a great night everyone!!!! :tt2::smile::thumbup:

Glad you are up and about already!! I also enjoyed our conversations!! Please don't over do it though.

Hi Ladies,

Well despite my best intentions to "chill" for a few days, I found myself really needing to get out for a little while. (I'm sure you all can guess where I went :tt2:.) I only went to one store though, and that was plenty for one day.

I am trying not to overdo it though and I brought some great books and movies with me -- so I'm in for the rest of the day, but it did feel good to get out for a little while....................

Frangi: Hope your feeling better today! Sending you lots of healing vibes and a prayer!

Karey, thanks for sending all the prayers and quick healing vibes -- I think they definitely did work!!!

As far as the pain, I cannot in good conscience sugar-coat this whole thing...........

Yes, this backside work has been more painful (for me), but my feeling about the whole thing is that I needed to just bite the bullet and endure some pain to get the improvement that I so desperately needed in my thighs and butt. Also the pain is very tolerable with medication. Trust me it will all be worth it in the end!!!!

Frangi,

I'm glad to hear your up and walking around. I have missed many posts in the last few weeks and just realized you had already had your next surgery. Just in the last few days, my backside has been more tolerable. Since you are up sooner than I was and you were smart and split up your surgeries, I think you'll feel much better sooner than I did. I'll be thinking of you.

Hi KD,

Glad to hear you're feeling better!!!! How are you liking the way everything looks? I'm still very bandaged, so I can't tell much, but my derrière looks HUGE to me. I certainly hope that situation improves!!!!

Frangi, I'm thrilled to see that everything went so well once again. You are one tough cookie! Do try to rest and remember to take in as much Protein as you can. I'll be checking in as much as possible to see how you're doing. Wishing you another speedy recovery, Becky

Hi Becky,

Thank you so much!!! Nice to hear from you and your hair looks adorable!!!!

Glad you are up and about already!! I also enjoyed our conversations!! Please don't over do it though.

Thanks Jody!!!! I promise I will at least try not to overdo it!!!!

Well, sorry to keep this so short but I think it's time to get off the backside. The Dr. doesn't want me putting too much direct stress on it for the next few days -- more later!

Nap time now -- enjoy the rest of your day ladies!!!!:thumbup::smile::eek:

Well despite my best intentions to "chill" for a few days, I found myself really needing to get out for a little while. (I'm sure you all can guess where I went :tt2:.) I only went to one store though, and that was plenty for one day.

You amaze me! I couldn't have gone shopping two days post-op under any circumstances.

As far as the pain, I cannot in good conscience sugar-coat this whole thing...........

Yes, this backside work has been more painful (for me), but my feeling about the whole thing is that I needed to just bite the bullet and endure some pain to get the improvement that I so desperately needed in my thighs and butt. Also the pain is very tolerable with medication. Trust me it will all be worth it in the end!!!!

I found that the pain and the memory of it faded pretty fast. I don't look forward to it next time, but it doesn't seem so bad in retrospect and yes, yes, yes, it is all worth it in the end!

Hi Becky,

Thank you so much!!! Nice to hear from you and your hair looks adorable!!!!

Thanks for the feedback from everyone on my hair. I trust you ladies to tell me if I look ridiculous!

Well, sorry to keep this so short but I think it's time to get off the backside. The Dr. doesn't want me putting too much direct stress on it for the next few days -- more later!

When do you see the doc again? Are you glued together this time too with no stitches to remove? What about drains this time?

Try to enjoy reading and watching movies as much as you can, but tell us where you go shopping tomorrow, you bad girl. Hugs, Becky

Frangi: Are you there alone? Was your DH able to come for any or part? Remember about swelling and don't panic about your butt yet! Can you tell if it's higher? Do you have a wedge pillow or how are you reclining? And last but not least, how do you read on drugs? I simply fall to sleep. You know I've decided not to tell anyone else about my upcoming surgery, because everyone tries to talk me out of it. Comments like you look fine, you look good, you might not live through this one (that's a real positive one!), etc. begin to make me second guess myself and worry. I've only told key people that I work with and of course family members (can't do anything about their response). Glad you're happy with your results Frangi. Happy resting!

When do you see the doc again? Are you glued together this time too with no stitches to remove? What about drains this time?

Try to enjoy reading and watching movies as much as you can, but tell us where you go shopping tomorrow, you bad girl. Hugs, Becky

Hi Becky,

I see the Dr. tomorrow. Hopefully, I'll also get to see my new backside too!!! I have two drains this time and I'm really not sure how my incision is put together -- I guess I'll find out tomorrow.

Frangi: Are you there alone? Was your DH able to come for any or part? Remember about swelling and don't panic about your butt yet! Can you tell if it's higher? Do you have a wedge pillow or how are you reclining? And last but not least, how do you read on drugs? I simply fall to sleep. You know I've decided not to tell anyone else about my upcoming surgery, because everyone tries to talk me out of it. Comments like you look fine, you look good, you might not live through this one (that's a real positive one!), etc. begin to make me second guess myself and worry. I've only told key people that I work with and of course family members (can't do anything about their response). Glad you're happy with your results Frangi. Happy resting!

Hi Karey,

Yes, I traveled alone this time. DH has a tough work schedule right now, and I didn't want to stress him out further by asking him travel to deal with my elective surgery (even though he would have if I had asked). Also, I wasn't to worried about this surgery -- I knew I would do just fine. I hired a private nurse to come pick me up from the hospital and it worked out perfectly -- she was a very lovely and charming lady.

Nowadays most of my books are downloaded onto my iPod. I find audio books to be so much more convenient when I'm traveling (and recovering from surgery). I definitely do drift off when I'm reading and watching movies, but it's easy enough to pick up where I left off.

I told very few people about round 2 because they just don't "get it." All people see when they look at me now is a thin lady, and not the "mess" that lies beneath, and I certainly wasn't about to get into a detailed discussion of my fat and cellulite. I'm sure you can probably relate to what I'm saying.................

I am shocked that you have people in you life who are suggesting that you might not live through this next surgery. How tactless and outrageous is that? Good Grief!!!

If I were you I wouldn't even listen to that worthless rubbish for one second. Just let comments like that go in one ear and right out the other...............

Frangi: Do you know how much the skin weighed that they took off you?

The Dr. told me that he only removed a few pounds. He basically said that all I had left was skin and some of that he used to fill out the buttocks.

Frangi -

I am so glad everything is going so well! What books are you listening to?

Frangi: So glad to hear the voice of reason here! You're right that was a tactless thing to say. I'm not telling anyone that I don't need to from now on. It's difficult for people who haven't walked in our shoes to understand and I'm tired of trying to explain it! Do you have a good website for downloading audiobooks? I'm so happy for you and hope you're happy with the unveiling tomorrow. I admire your independence and vision. Does the nurse come to help you or are you able to do everything for yourself?