Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Frangipani & TexasBecky get Reconstructed

Frangi: Did the fat necrosis affect your butt lift or is that all still intact? I think you deserve some R&R and I hope you can rest up. It sounds like a pain to dress your incision, but I'm sure it will be worth it. These things happen so try not to blame yourself! I am leaning towards going a head with the anchor, but I will be asking a lot more questions at our pre-op, it's a difficult decisions, but I guess now it comes down to looking better in clothing, because with all the other scars the naked thing isn't going to be that great anyway! LOL

Frangi: Did the fat necrosis affect your butt lift or is that all still intact? I think you deserve some R&R and I hope you can rest up. It sounds like a pain to dress your incision, but I'm sure it will be worth it. These things happen so try not to blame yourself! I am leaning towards going a head with the anchor, but I will be asking a lot more questions at our pre-op, it's a difficult decisions, but I guess now it comes down to looking better in clothing, because with all the other scars the naked thing isn't going to be that great anyway! LOL

Hi Karey,

So far so good with the butt still being intact! No, the necrosis occurred in the incision on my right hip. Basically, it's a hole right now that needs to be packed twice a day.

To my untrained eye (and brain) It seems like the thing to do would be to stitch it up, but the Dr. is adamant that this would be the absolute wrong thing to do. He tells me that there is way too much inflammation to stitch it up right now, and basically he wants it to heal from the inside out. He tells me to just keep it clean, keep packing it and eventually it will get to the point to where it will take less and less gauze to fill it each day. He hasn't let me down so far, so I just have to be patient and trust him on this one -- even though what we're doing seems very counterintuitive to me.........

Has anyone else had any experience with this?

Frangi: Okay, I know you're not an animal, but this is what my husband (who is a veterinarian) does when an incision de-hisses. I think it's standard procedure. If you sew the incision back up and it's wheeping, than you create the perfect environment for an infection. Does the doc give you any idea how long this process is going to take?

So that's what's happening here. I'm de-hissing!

Sounds about right-- LOL! :tt1::lol::)

The Dr. didn't really give me a time frame, he just tells me to be patient and that it will heal.

So I'm trying to be patient...... even though I am (obviously) a very impatient person!

LOL! Frangi, you make me smile. Dehissing simply means your wound closure has come apart, or the skin that had been pulled together to close the wound has spread open. Closing it at this point is the LAST thing you want to do.... packing is the absolute way to go (or so I've been told) so please follow your doc on this one. I'm sorry to hear you're having a rough time, but I've no doubt you will heal completely and quickly. So glad you are not looking to lose more weight. I think a 6 is plenty small, no matter your height or body type. so, did you buy out Miami? Have you enough clothes to get you by for now? Or do we have to watch out for you on QVC and the shopping channel as you continue to take it easy and heal :rolleyes:

Becky, I'm so sorry to hear about your momma. I'll pray for wisdom for the physicians and nurses caring for her as well as a complete and quick recovery for her. Prayers too for you.... for your son and all the stress you are going through.

Karey, I know you didn't ask, but I'll toss my .02 in anyway. I see WAY more nakedor largely undressed bodies than I ever thought I would. I work in an ER and I deal with patients' hearts on an almost daily basis, so I've seen a slew of folks. And from a completely objective perspective, YOU LOOK FANTASTIC!!!!! I've no doubt you look exceptional in clothes as well. Ultimately you alone can elvaluate the pros and cons and come to a decision, but you honestly, truthfully look wonderful.

A quick "hello" to everyone else and wishing you all success in your continued weight loss or on your road to PS success.

Hi Ladies!

Well DH isn't due back until the weekend and has not yet seen the new bod (thanks for asking Karey), but I will update you when I get the "official feedback."

As you know I have been feeling kind of blue about my incision problems. A friend came over to visit today and suggested that we take a few pics of what I do like so far, which is my Tummy Tuck and breasts -- so here are the 3 months post-op TT and breast photos. The next time I post photos I will try to wear a different type of a bra so that you can get a better idea of the breasts, which I am very happy with.

For those of you who haven't had surgery yet, I have also included a before photo taken 4 days pre-op, and a two-week post op photo, so that you can get an idea as to how things heal and progress. The Dr. tells me that even at three months post-op, there is still some swelling, so it will be interesting to see how things continue to develop.

post-221749-13813137572168_thumb.jpg

post-221749-13813137572649_thumb.jpg

post-221749-13813137572983_thumb.jpg

Edited by Frangipani

Frangi:

Wow! Congratulations to you. You loooooookkkkkk fffffaaaaabbbbuuuulllloooouuuussss! I forget who used to say it on Saturday Night Live, but you truly do look fabulous. I hope that looking at these pictures brightens your day while you are recuperating from your recent surgery. Nice curves! I'm very jealous.

Sue

YOu look amazing! As you know I go on Thursday and am feeling a bit nervous but seeing your great results gave me more courage. Thanks for sharing.

Frangi -

You look amazing!!:thumbup: I hope your incision heals up quickly. Cori made me laugh with the QVC comment. I can see you hosting it with your own line of clothes!!!:frown:

Frangipani

You look fantastic.

As far as your wound, have they considered a wound vac? I have used these many time and it helps with the healing. It is remarkable what they can do. It is a sponge that goes into the wound and has a continuous suction that promotes new tissue growth and healing. Are you going to a wound care clinic? Sorry, I haven't waded through the many postings on this thread, so you may have already mentioned your treatment.

Frangi: Thanks for sharing the pix. You look fabtabulous! I can tell you that even at 6 months I am noticing improvements in my tummy and I have gone down 1 size more. You're going to be getting better and better. Your poor DH isn't going to know what to do with such a smoking hot babe!

Hi Ladies,

How wonderful it was to sign on this morning and see all your lovely comments!!!! You really brightened my day!!!

LOL! Frangi, you make me smile. Dehissing simply means your wound closure has come apart, or the skin that had been pulled together to close the wound has spread open. Closing it at this point is the LAST thing you want to do.... packing is the absolute way to go (or so I've been told) so please follow your doc on this one. I'm sorry to hear you're having a rough time, but I've no doubt you will heal completely and quickly. So glad you are not looking to lose more weight. I think a 6 is plenty small, no matter your height or body type. so, did you buy out Miami? Have you enough clothes to get you by for now? Or do we have to watch out for you on QVC and the shopping channel as you continue to take it easy and heal :)

A quick "hello" to everyone else and wishing you all success in your continued weight loss or on your road to PS success.

Cori,

It's so nice to hear from you!!!! :smile::smile::smile: How have you been? You made me LOL so hard with your QVC comment!!!! Thanks for that :lol::lol::lol:

Frangi:

Wow! Congratulations to you. You loooooookkkkkk fffffaaaaabbbbuuuulllloooouuuussss! I forget who used to say it on Saturday Night Live, but you truly do look fabulous. I hope that looking at these pictures brightens your day while you are recuperating from your recent surgery. Nice curves! I'm very jealous.

Sue

Hi Sue!

Thank you so much!!! I love SNL and I know that character you are talking about!!! I believe it was Billy Crystal doing the actor Fernando Lamas.

How's the Trikking going? Your weight loss is amazing! Congratulations!!!! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

YOu look amazing! As you know I go on Thursday and am feeling a bit nervous but seeing your great results gave me more courage. Thanks for sharing.

Karen, thank you so much! It will be worth it, trust me!!!

Tomorrow is the big day, I will be thinking of you and wishing you the very, very best!!!!

Frangi -

You look amazing!!:) I hope your incision heals up quickly. Cori made me laugh with the QVC comment. I can see you hosting it with your own line of clothes!!!:tongue:

Hi Jody,

Thank you sweetie!!!

I meant to comment on this earlier but forgot (remnants of drugs in the past few weeks, my memory seems wiped out -- truly). Congrats on all your progress with the exercise! You're doing a fabulous job with all of this and I can't wait to be back on the exercise threads with you :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:!

Frangipani

You look fantastic.

As far as your wound, have they considered a wound vac? I have used these many time and it helps with the healing. It is remarkable what they can do. It is a sponge that goes into the wound and has a continuous suction that promotes new tissue growth and healing. Are you going to a wound care clinic? Sorry, I haven't waded through the many postings on this thread, so you may have already mentioned your treatment.

Hi JWRN,

Thanks for the terrific suggestions regarding wound care. No, I have never even heard of a wound vac and it sounds like a great device. Unfortunately (well, fortunately sometimes), I live in the Caribbean (St. Thomas, USVI) and the health care situation here doesn't even come close to what you might find in the states.

That said, Dr. Masri has been absolutely wonderful in his follow-up. He is always very accessible and keeps close tabs on my progress, and I plan to discuss some of your ideas with him and see what he thinks. It might be an option for me to return to Miami to access some of these additional healing tools, if need be.

frangi - you look FAB!!! your waist, curves & the sexy black ensemble'..:tongue2:

hot, hot, hot!!!!

Thanks LuLu!!! How's everything going with you girl?

Frangi: Thanks for sharing the pix. You look fabtabulous! I can tell you that even at 6 months I am noticing improvements in my tummy and I have gone down 1 size more. You're going to be getting better and better. Your poor DH isn't going to know what to do with such a smoking hot babe!

Hi Karey,

Thanks! It's also great to hear that things will continue to improve.

Thanks again ladies, for the reminder that there are positives to focus on at this point and that this will all be worth it in the end!

Big hugs to all of you -- you are an awesome group of women!!!! :smile::smile::smile:

post-221749-13813137573853_thumb.jpg

post-221749-13813137574364_thumb.jpg

post-221749-1381313757471_thumb.jpg

Goodness, the before shot looks very similar to what I see now when I look in the mirror. It's great to know that such fabulous results are possible!!!! What a difference!! How can you possibly wrap your mind around that?

Edited by Foofy