Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Frangipani & TexasBecky get Reconstructed

Hi!!! I have been MIA for a while as I have had some major problems with medication, but I am back on track...though I found a few of my lost pounds. However they are coming back of.

I just quickly wanted to tell Frangi that you might want to consult a naturopathic doctor about honey. It sounds weird but my mom had a HUGE gaping would that would not close after surgery. After 3 months of a wound vac and weeks in and out of the hospital she finally had a doc stop by who was substituting for her regular doc that practiced naturopathy. He had her fill the wound with honey (yep the one that comes out of the bottle looking like a bear) and within 3 days the wound was healed. I would not suggest trying this without seeing an actual doctor however as all wounds are different, but if there is a naturopath around it might be worth talking to them about and having them decide if it could be worth a shot.

Okay...waaaaaaay behind at work so I will check back later.

Karri

Hi!!! I have been MIA for a while as I have had some major problems with medication, but I am back on track...though I found a few of my lost pounds. However they are coming back of.

I just quickly wanted to tell Frangi that you might want to consult a naturopathic doctor about honey. It sounds weird but my mom had a HUGE gaping would that would not close after surgery. After 3 months of a wound vac and weeks in and out of the hospital she finally had a doc stop by who was substituting for her regular doc that practiced naturopathy. He had her fill the wound with honey (yep the one that comes out of the bottle looking like a bear) and within 3 days the wound was healed. I would not suggest trying this without seeing an actual doctor however as all wounds are different, but if there is a naturopath around it might be worth talking to them about and having them decide if it could be worth a shot.

Okay...waaaaaaay behind at work so I will check back later. Karri

Hi Salsa!

Glad to hear all is well with you and thanks for checking in!

Yes, I have heard and read about honey and wound healing. Seems like a really wild, counterintuitive thing to do, doesn't it? But I know that a number of people swear by it and I'm so glad to hear that it worked so well for your Mom. If push comes to shove and I don't see any progress with the wound healing, I might investigate this one a bit more. Thank you very much for the suggestion.

Frangi, You look amazing!!!

Hubby isn't going to be able to keep his hands off you.

Hi Kelly -- great to hear from you!!! Thank you so much!!!!

I can't wait for you to have your surgery done -- you are going to LOVE your results. I am blown away by what a good plastic surgeon can do with the body -- it's truly beyond anything I could have imagined.

I know that you also have an awesome Dr. -- so get ready to start loving your new body!!!!

Becky, it's been a few days since we've heard anything from you. I'm getting worried. I hope everything is okay with your Mom -- please update us when you can.

Thanks again ladies for all the nice comments, they really help during this little bit of a downer I'm going through with these incision problems. Waiting for a wound to heal is like waiting for (and watching) paint dry, but worse because it takes SO MUCH longer.........

post-221749-13813137576482_thumb.jpg

post-221749-13813137576957_thumb.jpg

post-221749-13813137577296_thumb.jpg

Hi All,

I haven't been on LBT for the past several days and it's great to see how wonderfully everyone is doing! Karen G, I am SO happy to hear how well you are doing!!!! See, I told you!!!!

I'm still having problems with my wound that dehisced (i.e., fell apart in one spot). And yes, not knowing anything about this until I learned it from you Karey, and Cori, I have now given myself a crash course on wound dehiscence. However, I need to stop because all I am doing is driving myself crazy as well as scaring myself reading about all the worst case scenarios.

The area has actually grown a little larger since I've returned home, which is a very frustrating thing for me. I can see that there is lots of new tissue growth on the inside (and my Dr. has confirmed this from the photos I've sent). And I still can't shake the feeling that I brought this whole thing on myself by stupidly being WAY too active after surgery. Dumb, dumb, dumb..........

Anyhow, after several conversations and emails back and forth with my Dr. (who has been simply amazing in his follow up) we have decided that the best thing to do is for me to go back to Miami. He's reasonably confident that everything is okay, but being the very thorough person that he is, he told me that he would really like to look at the wound again in person just to be absolutely certain.

Of course it's a real hassle for me to pack up and leave town when I barely got home, but it is what it is.......

So, so sorry you are having this complication. I am sure that it will be OK but please keep us updated from Florida. Totally sucks that you have to go but sounds like the right decision - the stress of worrying alone makes it worth it.

Frangi: Now you musn't blame yourself for this! Stuff happens! It's easy to get fixated on something, especially when it has to do with your body. I would be the same way. I'm glad that your going back to Miami, if only to confirm that all it well. Who knows maybe you can have some fun while you're there!

Ahhhh, good try. I know you are really going back for the shopping. Now that you are hotter than hot you want some new duds to show off your amazing figure :confused:

Seriously, the relief you will get just knowing that all is well (and I hope/pray that it really is) will be worth the hassle. Peace of mind can be a VERY good thing.

Be safe and know that you are being prayed for.

Hi Ladies,

Wow! Thanks for the incredibly nice and supportive messages!!! I will respond to them individually within the next few days, but I need to keep this very short for now.

For whatever reason, this wound problem has really sapped my energy and I have had to carefully pace myself as I get everything ready to leave town, so it's been slow going.

Will update tomorrow or Saturday when I settle in. This trip, I plan to stay off this incision as much as possible and get some serious R&R..........

Hi Frangi!!

I am thinking about you. Frank and I are back from Vegas. What a time we had!! Just wonderful. Please keep us updated on what is going on. I thought of you while I was there. You would set that town on fire girlfriend!!:thumbup::biggrin::)

Hugs to you!!:D

Hey you. I'm worried about you. No energy is NOT a good thing. Please, be eating well and wise and focus on healing, OK? I hope the trip to Miami was as pain free and unenventful as possible. Looking forward to hearing from you and praying that your news is good news.

Hey you. I'm worried about you. No energy is NOT a good thing. Please, be eating well and wise and focus on healing, OK? I hope the trip to Miami was as pain free and unenventful as possible. Looking forward to hearing from you and praying that your news is good news.

Hi Cori,

Thank you so much for your kindness -- you are a sweetheart!!!

Everything is absolutely fine now. The trip to Miami on Thursday night was easy and the flight actually got in about 20 minutes early. I got lots of help with my luggage and the nice man at the car rental even gave me a free upgrade!

My wonderful Dr. thought of everything and had it all set up in advance. When I went to the office yesterday I was hooked up to a Wound Vac (thanks again for mentioning this JWRN -- it was great to know a little something about this in advance). It's an interesting device and I am optimistic that it will work well for me.

The only downside is that you are hooked up to some portable machinery 24/7 -- which does present a bit of a "fashion challenge." That said, I love a challenge and I will figure out a way to camouflage this thing and integrate it into my wardrobe (LOL :bolt:).

The other good news is that the Dr. told me that the wound looks really good and really healthy (which I thought too, but couldn't be certain). I knew that there was lots of new tissue growth, and I figured the reddish/pink color was a very good sign, but it was good to have confirmation from the Dr that all seems to be well.

Nutritionally I have been doing absolutely everything possible that I can think of. I have been eating like crazy (2000 calories a day at least and probably even more some days), and taking lots of Vitamins.

I definitely do have fatigue, but I plan to get lots of R & R on this trip. Last night I stayed in my room and watched movies and was fast asleep by 10:00 PM.

BTW -- I received a fresh batch of Netflix before I left town and brought them all with me BUT I think I'll be going through my movie inventory pretty quickly here. So if you have any recommendations for movies ladies, let me know as I also have a membership at the Blockbuster near my hotel.

Hi Frangi!!

I am thinking about you. Frank and I are back from Vegas. What a time we had!! Just wonderful. Please keep us updated on what is going on. I thought of you while I was there. You would set that town on fire girlfriend!!:tt1::biggrin::tongue:

Hugs to you!!:smile2:

Hi Jody,

Thanks!!!

Glad to hear you had such a great time in Vegas!!!! Tell me more! What did you do? Did you catch any shows? Did you win any money? :thumbup::thumbup::tongue:

Frangi: Now you musn't blame yourself for this! Stuff happens! It's easy to get fixated on something, especially when it has to do with your body. I would be the same way. I'm glad that your going back to Miami, if only to confirm that all it well. Who knows maybe you can have some fun while you're there!

Thanks Karey! I read you message the other day and it lifted my spirits. Thanks for that.

I am already feeling so much better having had this checked out by the Dr. in person.

So, so sorry you are having this complication. I am sure that it will be OK but please keep us updated from Florida. Totally sucks that you have to go but sounds like the right decision - the stress of worrying alone makes it worth it.

Thanks Karen! And you are so right about the stress factor -- it's totally gone now that I am back in Miami and just a few miles away from proper medical attention. How are you doing?

Well, my machine is bleeping at me, so I have to figure out what it wants. I'll check back in later -- and please do give me some movie suggestions! I like everything -- dramas, comedies, documentaries, interesting TV series, whatever.........

Thanks ladies!!!! Have a great Saturday! :tt2::smile::smile:

Frangi: Glad the doc reassured you and that you are now familar with another device! LOL! My absolute favorite TV series is Monk and you can get all the years on DVD. I imagine Blockbusters has it. I have never watched 24 and I'm going to watch about 3 years worth while I recover! I'm coming down with a head cold. Does anyone have any suggestions for how to nip it in the bud? I'm a little over 2 weeks out for my surgery. This is not good. I spent the last 2 days at a friends cabin with 9 other ladies and we stayed up to about 2 am both nights. I'm not a late night person and I'm sure I brought this on myself. I'm starting Emergen-C today and Zicam. Does any one have any other ideas? I'm wondering if I should call and get a Z pack? The glands in my neck are swollen.

Becky: Haven't heard from you in while, is everything okay?

Frangi: What's happening? Wondering if you like the size of your bottom now that you're use to it?