Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

LB Haters!!!

Guest Leslie2Lose

This is getting ugly. :(:drool:

Froggy,

This is nothing, it can get uglier trust me!:eek:

:(:thumbup::drool::thumbup:

Brandy

If I'm not mistaken, Leslie already expressed to Lizzy that this was not directed at her. You and Lizzy were already on the defense before that post. I can't change your mind about how you take this post. All I can do is post my opinion on it and I agree that SOME people are too negative and do not make much of an effort. The majority of people truly try but not all.

Guest Leslie2Lose

Just you saying that shows your maturity. Grow up and take responsibility for your actions. You may have a medical problem that is keeping you from losing or a problem with your band; go to the doctor, get some help or shut your trap. If you are that unhappy, have the band taken out, move on with your life and quit wasting everyones time bitching about what you obviously don't want to change. I truly do wish you the best and hope you can find happiness in life - you obviously can't find it on these boards. I'm done...you are not worth the effort for my fingers to type any more responses. Tootles!

O...snap. :(

There are a shitload of people on this forum who DON'T try I have seen a lot.

I have also seen people complain that have the right to complain.

The first ones are the ones showing so much negativity. It's awful.

I have to agree with Leslie but I love you all (just stating opinion)

Edited by froggi1985

Lizzy admitted herself that her behavior was part of the problem and I did acknowledge the fact that she is losing (albeit slowly) and am happy for her. However, you failed to notice that I've had my own struggles.

Everything, I mean everything I've read from you appears to be negative. You can't even see the positive side either. You've had your band how long? All you can do is bitch because things are going perfectly for you. Get off the cross honey, somebody needs the wood!

You know what? A lot of people around here do not consider me to be all-negative and it depends on the thread that I'm on whether I'm agreeing with someone or disagreeing with someone. When it comes to Rants and Raves it's usually a more passionate tone that people take and that's understandable.

I understand your passion for the lap band and how it's helped you albeit your thyroid condition, I myself have an under active thyroid and am being treated for that too so I can relate to that medical condition.

Be that as it may there are people out there that still aren't losing weight on the lap band after paying a lot of money and going through all the pre-op testing and procedures and then finally surgery.

Maybe you just have to have the right combinations of things for it not to work. Maybe it's age and antidepressants or PCOS and stress, who knows but there could be people that may have issues that others don't. So no need to be angry we're just trying to figure out what the hell to do in order to get it working like you have done and most others have.

If you want to use a Christ analogy how about the lap band was to be our "savior", our last straw after many years of yo yo dieting and using every thing money could buy to lose weight and then find out there's a surgery out there that would solve that problem so you jump at the chance. Low and behold it doesn't work for everyone, sorry sad but true. Like I've said many times before if I could have lost it and kept it off before why would I pay $30,000+ to get the lap band done if I didn't think it was going to help!

I'm sorry but just because there are some of us it hasn't helped doesn't mean it's not going to work for you. We're all happy for you and your success and hope that you remain successful for the rest of your life and are able to keep it off.

If you were struggling like a lot of us are, and a lot of us who are afraid to say anything because people jump down our throats what would you do? Would you try to find support on the Lap Band Talk Forum and try to get some answers? Well that's what we're doing so don't try to silence us for trying figure this thing out. We want it to work just like you want yours to work. brandyII.

I'm with Froggy! Yikes!

Girls: I have re-read the latest melee and I don't think that Leslie was directing her post at anyone in particular. I think she is trying to say that some people have recently posted their dismay in their short journey with their LapBand.

There are several posts in the last few months that have been very negative. Some of the posters have only been banded a few weeks!

It's good to see all sides, I am the first to agree with that, but it can be discouraging to see the same people complaining over and over. There are options out there. If those people are seeking support, than maybe they should word things in a manner that elicits support. Often it comes across as a rant. Although it is just as easy to ignore those posts as it is to read them. I get that.

A good debate is always worthwhile. Keeping it friendly shows maturity and class.

I'm just saying...

~Carol

O...snap. :drool:

There are a shitload of people on this forum who DON'T try I have seen a lot.

I have also seen people complain that have the right to complain.

The first ones are the ones showing so much negativity. It's awful.

I have to agree with Leslie but I love you all (just stating opinion)

Froggi... we love you too!:(

I'm with Froggy! Yikes!

Girls: I have re-read the latest melee and I don't think that Leslie was directing her post at anyone in particular. I think she is trying to say that some people have recently posted their dismay in their short journey with their LapBand.

There are several posts in the last few months that have been very negative. Some of the posters have only been banded a few weeks!

It's good to see all sides, I am the first to agree with that, but it can be discouraging to see the same people complaining over and over. There are options out there. If those people are seeking support, than maybe they should word things in a manner that elicits support. Often it comes across as a rant. Although it is just as easy to ignore those posts as it is to read them. I get that.

A good debate is always worthwhile. Keeping it friendly shows maturity and class.

I'm just saying...

~Carol

-hugs Turler- Can I hide behind you? :(

Froggi... we love you too!:(

YAY LOVE:wub:

I dont have any particular passion for the lap band per se, I get heated in these threads because people just cant see their own destructive thought processes! Because of course, I'm God and I know everything.

I've realised that sometimes I could be wrong about what people actually mean, the typed word can be a bit hard to interpret.

But its simple to me, I dont care of someone's fat, thin, round or square, I love go getters, people who are positive, make things happen, stick to the commitments they make. People who remain positive in the face of problems.

Point in case, I am quite possibly going to kill my DH tonight. He is getting banded, my daughter had croup last week and yesterday my son had a bad tummy bug. DH is in a complete panic about his surgery. Every 2 seconds its "oh my god, I think I feel sick" followed by "ooooooooooh, aaaaaaaah, groooooaaaaan" because poor baby has a little cold. Its a sniffle. He will be in surgery Friday. We've already HAD the stomach bug that Ewan has, all of us had spells of feeling dizzy and nauseous last week, only poor old Ewie has copped the vomiting. So DH is not going to get sick again. So I have sympathy yes, but do I want to be kept awake by a grown man acting like a big baby, who cant sleep because every twinge in his body he thinksw he is about to get really sick?

No, I dont. Adults say "oh, sh$6t, that is ROTTEN luck, if I develop gastro or a chest infection, I'm going to miss my surgery on Friday". That would suck. But its not the end of the freaking world. So you reschedule it, here in australia in the private system, that might mean 2 weeks. Grown ups do not carry on like gigantic babies makign life miserable for all around them. I'm going to bloody stab him with a kitchen knife if he doesnt shut the hell up soon.

Relevance?There's more than a few of those on this board. Its rare, but they are around. Its not as easy to ignore as it should be because they're in your face the whole time driving you NUTS.

And Brandy, that most definitely does not mean you or anyone else who has a genuine problem. Its the ones that dont, that dont try and then panic about why the band isnt working or complain that it doesnt work that I mean and I think that's what Leslie meant too.

Yeah, I'm a bitch, I know. But YOU try living with my hypochondriac DH. I am absolutely DREADING him being banded, he'll be a puker for sure.

Guest Leslie2Lose

Brandy - I thought I was done with this conversation, but I'm not. However, I am done with being negative and making this a verbal war between the two of us. It's wiped me out!

I am not normally a negative person and didn't mean to jump down your throat and make this personal. You are defending your 'peeps' and I guess I am too.

I am sorry you have had struggles and problems. This thread was not directed towards one particular person, just the people that have given up and look to complain without seeking or asking for help. For weeks, I'd log on and it was nothing but negative post, after negative post after negative post. I was looking for help, support and answers to my questions and it was so hard to find anything positive. There weren't a lot of questions nor answers just everything bad that had happened with no solutions. We all have our opinion and in this case a difference of opinion. That's why it is under the Rants & Raves section.

Without any malice, I do wish you the best. If you have an underactive thyroid, have you gone to be retested? I actually need to go myself for another blood test, it's been at least six months. I hope you find a solution and can begin losing and have your band begin to work for you. Best Wishes - Leslie

I dont have any particular passion for the lap band per se, I get heated in these threads because people just cant see their own destructive thought processes! Because of course, I'm God and I know everything.

I've realised that sometimes I could be wrong about what people actually mean, the typed word can be a bit hard to interpret.

But its simple to me, I dont care of someone's fat, thin, round or square, I love go getters, people who are positive, make things happen, stick to the commitments they make. People who remain positive in the face of problems.

Point in case, I am quite possibly going to kill my DH tonight. He is getting banded, my daughter had croup last week and yesterday my son had a bad tummy bug. DH is in a complete panic about his surgery. Every 2 seconds its "oh my god, I think I feel sick" followed by "ooooooooooh, aaaaaaaah, groooooaaaaan" because poor baby has a little cold. Its a sniffle. He will be in surgery Friday. We've already HAD the stomach bug that Ewan has, all of us had spells of feeling dizzy and nauseous last week, only poor old Ewie has copped the vomiting. So DH is not going to get sick again. So I have sympathy yes, but do I want to be kept awake by a grown man acting like a big baby, who cant sleep because every twinge in his body he thinksw he is about to get really sick?

No, I dont. Adults say "oh, sh$6t, that is ROTTEN luck, if I develop gastro or a chest infection, I'm going to miss my surgery on Friday". That would suck. But its not the end of the freaking world. So you reschedule it, here in australia in the private system, that might mean 2 weeks. Grown ups do not carry on like gigantic babies makign life miserable for all around them. I'm going to bloody stab him with a kitchen knife if he doesnt shut the hell up soon.

Relevance?There's more than a few of those on this board. Its rare, but they are around. Its not as easy to ignore as it should be because they're in your face the whole time driving you NUTS.

And Brandy, that most definitely does not mean you or anyone else who has a genuine problem. Its the ones that dont, that dont try and then panic about why the band isnt working or complain that it doesnt work that I mean and I think that's what Leslie meant too.

Yeah, I'm a bitch, I know. But YOU try living with my hypochondriac DH. I am absolutely DREADING him being banded, he'll be a puker for sure.

I'd slap him. lol