Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Hi All,

Yes I made it back home but not without a lot of drama. DD stuff is still not there but ngetting closer. Vegas was ok did not get rich. DD lost phone x2 in five minutes, lucky she is still alive. Flight delayed 1 hr, all the time I had available between connections. On the bright side they changed flight plans made up a 1/2 hr in the air.

Good thing I lost 80+ lbs this year, but had about 50 lbs of bags strapped to my body. I had 20 mins to take tram, run up escaladers, across moving sidewalks,thru tunnel under tarmac, down escaladers and more moving sidewalks. Farthest possible distance in the detroit airport. Found right gate, pounded on the door, they let two of us in had to run down tunnel before they shut the door of the plane. whew made it. Said I felt like I was OJ running through the airport.

Best part I even lost a lb on vacation.

Felt so good to sleep in my own bed, thought I died and went to heaven.

Good luck must have came from all the good juju you guys were sending my way. Thanks

I will try to be a better friend to all of you and start replying to your posts now that I am home.

Happy 4th and safe traveling to those who are.

Laura great news on you Dad.

Laura K

I was banded on 6/29. Any advice? On Clear Liquids until Tuesday, then to full.

Melissa, I'm worried about you.... You aren't posting again.....

Julie

Sorry have not posted i feel aweful I need some help but money is very tight right now.

Okay so my bandaversary was yesterday and I have gained 11 pounds :) since my lowest of 211. I am emotional eating something bad because I am dealing with such shit at work. I wish I could find something else. So I want to use this weekend to get back on track and refocus on my goals and my life. I want to lose this weight but my brain gets in the way.

1 day - sorry life is tough right now. All of us are here to support and encourage. Feels so much harder to do this alone - and you are NOT alone. Make small changes for the better and don't try for perfection. Just better choices.

I changed my LV reservations today and will be there Thurs. thru Monday. Also changed the hotel and dog sitter - so I'm all set.

Fireworks to begin at 9:30 and it just started raining. Dang.

Eva - love to hear how GREEN you are. Good job.

Joyce

Talked DH into taking a break and got to go see Toy Story, LOVED IT!!

Jodi, any chance you saw that Macy's fireworks show from the Hudson river tonight (or at least it's on TV tonight). WOW amazing fireworks. Seems funny and I am watching fireworks on TV and the sun is shining here. Wish I was on that cruise ship it's being telvised from.

PB, what kind of advice are you looking for? Give us a little information or what you are struggling with. There's many very successful bandsters here who would be happy to help. Follow your dr's rules is the best I can say for now.

Melissa, sorry you are stuggling. Confession is the first start. You know what to do, you got this far. You know food isn't going to solve the work situation. Can you find something else to release the stress? Perhaps a new job? :) Any chance you are coming to Vegas??? Don't disappear when you are struggling. We are here to help.

Hi everyone,

Happy 4th - sorry I didn't get on here earlier -- been busy today. Had planned on a relaxing weekend but ended up being busy. Yesterday got up early and went to the gym and then stopped at grocery store to get a few things, then home and prepared a few snack items to take to the get together and by the time I showered and got ready it was almost 4:00 -- so we enjoyed the pool party. I ate amd drank more than I have since being banded - but enjoyed it very much. In looking back it wasn't too terrible I guess but I was feeling guilty -- would love to stop that - I need to be "normal" now -- at least some of the time I would think. Was a lovely day.

Today I got up and did my step aerobics and then we went to pick up our GD -- DD was not feeling well again -- seems like she feels fine unless she has a boring day ahead of her -- when she's running around with her friends she seems to be okay. Anyway, then we came home and made a batch of homemade ice cream (our tradition for the 4th) -- GD wanted to help and she did -- so cute -- she decided we should make strawberry so we did -- I had some extra berries on hand - turned out great. Had a few people over for brats, burgers -- made baked Beans. I had stopped yesterday at a veggie stand and got some early sweet corn and oh my it was so good -- DH has perfected the art of grilling it and it is just fabulous. I use my spray butter and honestly, I don't miss the real butter at all - really enjoyed my small ear -- I love living in Iowa cause it truly is the BEST corn. Had some home grown tomatoes to put on the burgers so it was all good. I did skip the ice cream though -- figured I'd over did it enough yesterday.

GD is spending the night - our fireworks were canceled due to rain as well -- rain held off until just about 9:15 and they were supposed to start at 9:30 -- oh well, we watched the NY Macy ones-- very nice show I thought.

Melissa, sorry to hear of your struggles - it's hard but you can do it - try to get back to the basics again -- remember why you wanted to lose the weight -- remember how success felt and strive to get back to that frame of mind again. As many others have said, try to get on here several times a day and post how you feel - we are all here for you -- cheering you on we want you to succeed. Are you going to join us in Vegas? Just planning for that might help get you back on track - hope you can make it.

Junibug, PB and the other newbie (sorry I can't remember your mame) welcome and congratulations on your decision to get the band!! This thread is very helpful and there's lots of wonderful ladies here that will help guide you on your journey -- lots of success stories here -- and Janet is simply the best of the best -- she'll be back posting in a day or two -- she is joining her Lucky 7 group celebrating their 3 year band anniversaries!!! We are planning an Oct 1 get together in Vegas and all are welcome. Tell us a little more about yourselves and how you're doing. The best thing right now is to follow your surgeon's orders and read and learn all you can about being banded. Ask lots of questions -- someone or all of us here will try to answer them. Good luck and be proud that you have taken this step to a new healthy life!!

Laura, hope you're 4th was great and hope the family you shared it with had a great time - especially Nelson's little friend - hope he has a new happy memory to replace the old bad one.

LauraK, glad you made it back home safely - sounds liike a stressful flight -- congratulatons on your weight -- it's wonderful isn't it when you weigh yourself and discover you stayed the same or even lost when you were on vacation and not being so strict with yourself.

Lori, glad you enjoyed the movie and happy your DH is moving along so quickly on the yard -- it's great he's so talented with that kind of work.

Eva, hope you had a great 4th. Sounds like you scored with your sister's leftovers -- I use evaporated milk when I make homemade cream type Soups. Can't imagine having an entire case of it though. LOL. My dad used it in his coffee when we were kids.

Julie, sounds like you had a nice 4th as well - sounds like you kept it fairly simple (for you). Hope you all had a great time.

Joyce, glad you were able to meet your friend for lunch -- sounds delightful -- a nice surprise.

Arlene, happy to hear your rain has finally stopped -- and wtg on the exercise - you are making it happen gf -- so proud of you!!!! Hope your DS does well on his new program -- my DS also inherited the fat gene - and I pray everyday he'll start a new healthier lifestyle -- one of the problems is his wife doesn't really like to cook so they eat out and eat fast food a lot -- I worry cause he also works so hard -- very stressful job.

Well, it's late and I need to get to bed as DGD will probably be up by 8:00. Can't wait to hear from Janet and Phyll about their weekend.

Cheri, hope you had a good 4th -- sounds like you understand your situation and are doing a good job with your cravings and head hunger issuses.

Linda

Edited by ljv52

Melissa, sorry you are stuggling. Confession is the first start. You know what to do, you got this far. You know food isn't going to solve the work situation. Can you find something else to release the stress? Perhaps a new job? :) Any chance you are coming to Vegas??? Don't disappear when you are struggling. We are here to help.

1 day - sorry life is tough right now. All of us are here to support and encourage. Feels so much harder to do this alone - and you are NOT alone. Make small changes for the better and don't try for perfection. Just better choices.Joyce
Melissa, sorry to hear of your struggles - it's hard but you can do it - try to get back to the basics again -- remember why you wanted to lose the weight -- remember how success felt and strive to get back to that frame of mind again. As many others have said, try to get on here several times a day and post how you feel - we are all here for you -- cheering you on we want you to succeed. Are you going to join us in Vegas? Just planning for that might help get you back on track - hope you can make it.

Linda

To tell the truth money is very tight right now so I did not even consider flying to Vegas. I don't know why I let people beat me down(at work) I guess I am afraid to lose my job My husband has his own extermination business and we would need another full time employee to get group health benefits so in tuen, I hold all the health benefits. If I lost them we could not pay the cobra charges (this happened before at it was 800 a month for a family of 3, plus house pymts and so on) I feel so stressed all the time, I try to write my feelings down but not all the time. I feel like a failure. I am 34 working at a stupid job I hate. I have skills but no jobs out there that I can find. And my Mom keeps telling me no matter where you go you will still have to deal with the same people (sometimes she can be a negative Nancy, which drives me up the wall) So in turn I feel down since I work with her and my Aunt. UGGGG

So everyome said get on here and post so I am going to type how I feel and things will get better for me.

Melissa,

We are all here for you. I know it's hard to keep positive when your job sucks. You can do it.

LauraK

Melissa,

We are all here for you. I know it's hard to keep positive when your job sucks. You can do it.

LauraK

Thanks Laura it means alot that everyone cares for me on this board.:)

Thanks Laura it means alot that everyone cares for me on this board.:)

We are all here for you so vent whenever you want to. Sometimes it just helps to let it out. HUGS!!!!! for you today!

Hello Everyone! Happy 5th of July!!! Hope every one had a safe and fun 4th! Today I am 1 week POST OP. Im down 8 pounds... but im preparied for that to fluctuate once I introduce food to my system lol. None the less things are going really well. I feel really great as long as I stay OUT of the heat.. Todays going to be a hot one too. I called my docts office today in hopes to let them release me from liquids and bump up to mushie but they are closed for the Holiday...bummer... *sad sigh* its okay one more day or even one more week wont kill me ....just really am tired of the all liquids. REALLY wanna go swimming but I can wait for that too... Anywho. I do hope you are all doing well. Im so glad to be on the flip side of this!!! <3 Thank you all for your well wishes and thoughts they really do help <3

~Anny

Way to go Anny, you are doing great and you will make it thru this stage. Don't we always want what we don't have. You will get sick of the mushie stage too.

Keep up the good work.

LauraK

Hey everyone, hope you all had a great 4th... Ours was good..........................

Melissa, I feel just like the others who have written to you.... Use us to vent your feelings.....get them out....it may help your stress levels..... It's never fun to go to a bad job... I remember one that I cried all the way to work and then again on the way home.... I vowed to never have a job like that again... I've been lucky to have that happen and then to retire early and just be a housewife...... You can make it and you can not eat yourself fat again..... Try to calm down and breathe more often..... No one can do it but you..... You are in charge... Just don't let those people get to you..... Who are they to you anyway..... Just a bunch of selfish co-workers that you don't need in your life.... Leave them at work and let your home be your sanctuary where you refresh and get strong....... And let us help.... Hugs and prayers for you....

Well, I was going to write a bit to everyone, but DD just called and needs to leave Mimi here for a little while.... Better get after my chores... My new floor feels a bit sticky from lemonade after 20 people yesterday..... Needs a good swiffering...... I can do that withou hurting myself......... I'll talk to you all later.... Hugs to all............ Julie

I have some questions about the full liquid week - can you mix one of the ready made EAS protien drinks with anything like yogurt or extracts or Peanut Butter? I have only one more day of clear liquids and am looking forward to some variety with the full liquids. Any suggestions?

I have lost about 10 lbs. Is that too much too fast?

Hi PB

I did mix things in with my shakes, stuff like PB, SF & FF pudding mixes, bananas, but follow what you DR told you. You are doing great, keep up the good work.

Laura K